Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Iceman solo book creative team and details revealed

It will indeed be about the older Iceman, not the O5 (time-displaced) version. Writer will be Sina Grace (who most recently wrote the main story in the All-New X-Men Annual #1) with interior art by Alessandro Vitti and cover art by Kevin Wada.

And just how does Bobby Drake see himself as a hero? Despite being considered an “Omega Level” mutant, he’s never fulfilled his true potential. According to Grace, “Bobby realizes that he’s been around the X-Men longer than just about anyone. And the legacy he’s built for himself is [that] he tells jokes and he makes stuff out of ice. And he hasn’t left much of legacy as a hero, or built much of an identity for himself. And that’s the mission statement of the book, that Bobby realizes these things about himself, and is striving to become a better hero and leave a better legacy behind.”
    More details here
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-29-2016 at 12:38 PM.

BANNED

Iceman huh?....yeah still waiting for the real story that's generation x

I like what I'm hearing! And I love seeing everyone on that cover... except for maybe Juggernaut. He's a bit of a head scratcher. Apocalypse, Sinister, and Mystique are huge welcomes to the book. I'm excited.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I like what I'm hearing! And I love seeing everyone on that cover... except for maybe Juggernaut. He's a bit of a head scratcher. Apocalypse, Sinister, and Mystique are huge welcomes to the book. I'm excited.
    I wouldn't put too much stock in the villains on the cover actually being in the book. I think they're just there to establish the sorts of villains Iceman has fought over the years. But I could be wrong... after all, he WILL need to have villains to fight if this book is going to make it!

Astonishing Member

Is this the same Alessandro Vitti who illustrated Supremacy of the Cybermen? Prepare for the art to go abysmal.

HELL YES! Grace was one of my top two picks for this book!

Love that Wada cover! Also thumbs up for Vitti.

Glad to see Adult!Bobby isn't getting benched.

Very excited for this book. Interested in seeing how Bobby handles going solo and Vitti's Red Lanterns run was incredible, he's a huge get for Marvel.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Why is juggernaut a head scracher? Every villian on that cover bobbys fougt as an X-Man.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Great team and great statement!

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Cool. (no pun attended) It sounds interesting I'll probably give this a shot too. Iceman both young and old are one of my favorite X-men so I hope it doe well.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Wada does a Hawt Magneto.

Hawtneto.

Loving this news.

BANNED

"But just because Bobby Drake is going through this big life change at the moment (an even more profound change when it happens later in life than when you are an adolescent), he’s still going to be the wisecracker we’ve known for years. Ketchum said, “We’re not going to lose sight that Bobby’s always been the comic relief, funny and jokey character. He’s not a ‘Gold Star Gay’ [a gay person who has never had heterosexual relationships]. So we’re going to be seeing a funny moment where he sees one of his exes. I really want Sina to put in the line, ‘So what was I, just your beard?’ There’s going to be an acknowledgement of it, but it’s gonna be played off in the tone that Bobby usually does. But Sina will bring a real authenticity to it.”

okay maybe it's just me but that kinda sounds stupid