Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Adam and the Ants were big on MTV in the early 80's. Adam went solo and a couple of the other guys formed Bow Wow Wow. Both acts were managed by Malcom McLaren who was the former manager of the Sex Pistols. In this video the fairy godmother character is played by Jan Mansfield who was a 50's sex symbol ( and also the real life mom of Detective Benson from Law and Order:SVU).

Oh My God! I thought the fairy godmother was Jane Mansfield ( she actually died years earlier), this is an English actress named Diana Dors! Why didn't someone correct me?!

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Possibly Alice in Chains' most morose song (and that's saying alot). It's like you can hear Layne spiraling towards insanity and the grave through media harassment and of course his drug addictions. Terribly tragic and the loss of a very talented artist:

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

He hasn't ruined those old songs for me, but I roll my eyes when I read new interviews. What's funny is I still have an old Rolling Stone from the 90's that was actually about Soundgarden where the two bands played a show together and Kim the guitarist for SG was trying to tell him something like, "You write all the songs, play all the instruments, and everyone knows that Smashing Pumpkins is really 'The Billy Corgan Experience' why do you if care if some photographer doesn't think you're the cutest member of the group?"
    I think there is some serious mental/emotional issues that he's just not dealing with, if at all. He also seems to attract others just like him which is just agitating the snake at this point.

It's not just one or two things, the guy is action-packed with dysfunction.

So yeah, him getting bent out of shape of not being "cutest band member" is very, very "real" for him.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    I think there is some serious mental/emotional issues that he's just not dealing with, if at all. He also seems to attract others just like him which is just agitating the snake at this point.

It's not just one or two things, the guy is action-packed with dysfunction.

So yeah, him getting bent out of shape of not being "cutest band member" is very, very "real" for him.
    Yeah, I don't know what his real issues are but he's definitely got them.

BANNED

Invincible Member

Courtney is another person who did a couple of really great records ( with help) inspired a bunch of people and then lost it...

Invincible Member

Invincible Member

I have never seen this movie...
    Last edited by ed2962; 02-10-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Invincible Member

Invincible Member

Invincible Member

"This one's for YOU, Alexander Haig!"

I wanted to post this clip when I first started this thread ( either this or Gilda Radner as "Candy Slice"...Patty Smith spoof), but I kept getting either "clip not playable in your country" or something that wouldn't let me embed it. But anyway here we go...

The song is basically a reworking of "Bleed For Me" by the Dead Kennedys and the bridge is "Institutionalized" by Suicidal Tendencies
    Last edited by ed2962; 02-17-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Invincible Member

The more "famous" version spoofs "Cowboy Ronnie" this earlier one mentions "Mr Carter"

Live

Part 4 of a four part series! http://community.comicbookresources....Collect-Em-All!
    Ohhhh man I Love Live!!!
    GrindrStone(D)

Courtney is another person who did a couple of really great records ( with help) inspired a bunch of people and then lost it...
    well what do you expect Dave Grohl killed her husband

What about this group. I gotta admit this song from the movie The Craft got new hooked on this band
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

some Japanese shoegaze