Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Invincible Member

Default Classic "Alternative": Punk, Art Rock, New Wave, "whatever"...

Anything from Captain Beefheart to Green Day counts as long as it's ten years or older. Any history, personal stories or trivia or opinions highly encouraged!

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...g/n12715?snl=1
    Last edited by ed2962; 12-06-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Invincible Member

Dude actually damaged his hearing playing in this band.

Invincible Member

This is the demo version of the world famous disco hit. It was originally written as reggae (sorta)!

Last edited by ed2962; 11-29-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Invincible Member

1-2-3-4!

Invincible Member

Adam and the Ants were big on MTV in the early 80's. Adam went solo and a couple of the other guys formed Bow Wow Wow. Both acts were managed by Malcom McLaren who was the former manager of the Sex Pistols. In this video the fairy godmother character is played by Jan Mansfield who was a 50's sex symbol ( and also the real life mom of Detective Benson from Law and Order:SVU).

From the White Stripes second album(and my personal favorite), De Stijl, named after the famous dutch art movement.

A tribute band started by one of the current best male vocals, Chris Cornell, for his friend Andrew Wood (of Mother Love Bone) who died of a heroin overdose. They put out just the one album, but it sums up the Seattle "grunge" supergroups of the late 80s and early 90s. Here's "Hunger Strike" with guest vocalist Eddie Vedder (of Pearl Jam):

Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Adam and the Ants were big on MTV in the early 80's. Adam went solo and a couple of the other guys formed Bow Wow Wow. Both acts were managed by Malcom McLaren who was the former manager of the Sex Pistols. In this video the fairy godmother character is played by Jan Mansfield who was a 50's sex symbol ( and also the real life mom of Detective Benson from Law and Order:SVU).

Oh My God! I thought the fairy godmother was Jane Mansfield ( she actually died years earlier), this is an English actress named Diana Dors! Why didn't someone correct me?!

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Possibly Alice in Chains' most morose song (and that's saying alot). It's like you can hear Layne spiraling towards insanity and the grave through media harassment and of course his drug addictions. Terribly tragic and the loss of a very talented artist:

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."