Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    Another fun fact is that the video had a boy who lip-synced to the girl's (eight-year-old Jasmine Veillette the daughter of a friend of Todd Rundgren) vocal from the track.
    Interesting! I never knew that!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    The Replacements - Left of the Dial
    This is my favorite Mats album. I'd seen the band live but by that time Bob had left the band.

Ultimate Member

Siouxsie covering Iggy...

Ultimate Member

Dude, 80's...

It was just so weird to see stuff like this pop up on MTV at odd hours in the middle of the night or occasionally on 120 minutes. I remember when skating was THE thing?

Also, this band had a brief guest shot on Miami Vice...ha!
    Last edited by ed2962; 12-02-2016 at 07:53 PM.

Ultimate Member

This song was inspired by Kim Gordon meeting LL Cool J and doing an interview with him for Spin magazine. The lyrics reference LL's songs. There's also a cameo by Chuck D from Public Enemy.

Ned's Atomic Dustbin got there name from a BBC radio program, The Goon Show, skit. This radio program was the first big break into show business for Peter Sellers. Here's "Grey Cell Green":

Last edited by CenturianSpy; 12-04-2016 at 11:11 AM.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Siouxsie covering Iggy...
    Love Siouxsie.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Iggy Pop - "Lust for Life"

Elvis Costello - "Watching the Detectives"

Sex Pistols - "Holidays in the Sun"

This video has three of the greatest things in the world:
    1. Charles Michael Kittridge Thompson IV (AKA Black Francis AKA Frank Black) of The Pixies.
    2. Directed by John Conant Flansburgh (from They Might Be Giants).
    3. Hovercrafts.

The Pixies are one of the greatest Alternative music bands. When they split up because of tensions between Black Francis and Kim Deal (because of Frank's aversion to flying, Kim's drug abuse, and their in-fighting on writing songs) people were upset. What we got from the split up is The Breeders and Frank's solo career (along with several new bands including the Catholics). "Los Angeles" came off of Frank's first solo album (which is good, but his second album "Teenager of the Year" is Frank's best album- even better than his Pixies' albums- just my opinion, friends!).

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

I could not mention They Might Be Giants without posting a song. Here's "She's An Angel" from their debut, self-titled album:

Ultimate Member

Ladies And Gentlemen The Fabulous Stains is my second favorite rock n roll movie. Starring Diane Lane who was a minor star a few years later in the early 80's. Fee Waybill from the Tubes along with Steve Jones and Paul Cook from the Sex Pistols as well as Paul Simonon from the Clash guest star. Basically, the premise is Diane runs away from home to start a punk band and hijinx, drama, and cynicism ensue. I don't think it was ever officially released in the theatres ( at least not in a major way), but found an audience on cable TV in the 80's. Remember "Night Flight"?

It works as a drama, comedy, and satire of the music biz and the media. Plus you get a little bit of "girl power". The irony is it was written by a woman named Nancy Dowd. She took her name off the film because she felt she was being harassed on the set.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Ladies And Gentlemen The Fabulous Stains is my second favorite rock n roll movie.
    I'm intrigued on two fronts...first, I've never heard of this movie and now will scour the interwebs...maybe my Netflix/Amazon Prime account. Second..."Second favorite"? What is your first? It's gotta be "This is Spinal Tap"...maybe "Sid & Nancy"...or "Detroit Rock City"..."School of Rock"...so many...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    I'm intrigued on two fronts...first, I've never heard of this movie and now will scour the interwebs...maybe my Netflix/Amazon Prime account. Second..."Second favorite"? What is your first? It's gotta be "This is Spinal Tap"...maybe "Sid & Nancy"...or "Detroit Rock City"..."School of Rock"...so many...
    I'm not sure if it's on Amazon Prime but you can get it on Amazon. You can also watch it on You Tube. For what it's worth, Lou Adler directed Cheech and Chong's "Up In Smoke".

I posted the trailer of my favorite rock n roll movie in the classic rock thread. It's "Velvet Goldmine". A film about 70's glam very loosely based on David Bowie with chunks of Oscar Wilde mixed in.