Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OceanMachine View Post
    Anyone else excited for our next issue (hopefully) next week? The official Image website has it listed as next week, and we've not yet had a delay adjustment this close to the listed date. So I'm crossing my fingers that next week we'll get to find out what happened with the cliffhanger-ish events of last issue.
    Lol, I'm gonna have to re-read the previous issue. Thank goodness for digital. XD
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Diamond have it listed for next week.

BANNED

Anyone else excited for our next issue (hopefully) next week?
    Yes. Can't wait

Personally I am able to wait... Hickman, you know... But I'm fine with that. And I'm glad the new dose is coming.

BANNED

So that was pretty insane - really opens up the world. I enjoyed the not knowing details aspect of things leading up to this point but at the same time I'm stoked on where this is headed.

It was really great... And insane as you say. Really rewarding too - even if I need to go back and read once more the previous issues : my memory holes got me a little bit lost sometimes.

The art was on top!

Can't wait for the next arch (that was the last issue of the second one, isn't it?) even if we will have too.

Meanwhile, if someone has some clues to decipher the code...

We still have one more issue in this arc. Then 4 more next year.

Yes, yesterday's issue was off the hook. son of booyah, I definitely agree that a certain element of tantalizing mystery is lost as we find out more about the way the whole system works. But I'm equally excited to see the story amping up in this way. I loved how the scenes with Gaddis, while they described the nature of the system, also cleared up a number of smaller questions about little things that have happened so far in the story (eg. using the source, petitioning for a familiar). Interestingly, one of my biggest hopes was that we would get a bit more exposition from Beatrix and Marco sometime soon, and I was glad that they got a scene in this issue.

I just can't get enough of this story, seriously.

Also, I was interested in Mammon's comment along the lines that one of the schools is lost/broken, and one is hidden from him. I don't have the exact quote because I'm at work. But I think one of these might be Kankrin? Not sure how that merger would be classified? And maybe another has to do with the info we've been getting the Merovingian school has been usurped? Or to do with what Wynn has been up to? Definitely some new questions here to mull over.

So one more!?! Excellent...

And the cover is really perfect, especially after this week's issue. (25th October according to the image site)

BANNED

Also, I was interested in Mammon's comment along the lines that one of the schools is lost/broken, and one is hidden from him. I don't have the exact quote because I'm at work. But I think one of these might be Kankrin?
    I was wondering how Kankrin fit into that as well. And yeah, Marco needed a little explanation, glad we got some of it. I wanted to see the battle, but I think we'll get that next time, and no complaints about this issue.

Also where did you get the info about the 4 next year?

This issue was so good. Notable that Black Monday (October 19, 1987) wasn't listed among the dates.

PS I kinda do a lot of retirement modeling and safe withdrawal rates so I'm somewhat familiar with market crashes.

PPS Whoops, stuck pages.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 09-28-2017 at 04:52 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    Also where did you get the info about the 4 next year?
    Interview with Hickman here.

Specifically, this quote:

"Right now, we have a plan for 12 issues, which would extrapolate out to be like 2 years worth of comics. Over 500 pages. 
We’re also super-pragmatic, though, and we want to make sure the book works and is received well. So the plan is to put the first issue out and see what happens. We’ll get our numbers here in a couple weeks, and if we’re strong, then we’re just going to go and see what happens. If we’re not, we can put a bow on the book at the planned 12 issues. Then we’ll move on the something else."

Frankly, I would be thrilled if the series continued to do well, and they pursued it even longer.

Interview with Hickman here.

Specifically, this quote:

"Right now, we have a plan for 12 issues, which would extrapolate out to be like 2 years worth of comics. Over 500 pages. 
We’re also super-pragmatic, though, and we want to make sure the book works and is received well. So the plan is to put the first issue out and see what happens. We’ll get our numbers here in a couple weeks, and if we’re strong, then we’re just going to go and see what happens. If we’re not, we can put a bow on the book at the planned 12 issues. Then we’ll move on the something else."

Frankly, I would be thrilled if the series continued to do well, and they pursued it even longer.
    I think it's probably doing well by indie standards.

Single Issues
    #1: 26,696
    #2: 19,749
    #3: 18,371
    #4: 17,718
    #5: 15,655
    #6: 14,458

Volume 1 TPB (via Diamond)
    01/17: 4,460
    02/17: 747
    03/17: 836
    04/17: 734
    05/17: 794
    06/17: 685
    07/17: 447
    08/17: 437
    Total YTD: 9,140
    Currently Following:

Given those numbers, I would imagine the plan is to continue for at least their initial plan of 12 issues. That is, unless some other factor causes it to drop (eg. other, more pressing commitments early next year).

Maaaaannnnnn... that was awesome.