Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

A keen-eyed redditor just pointed out that Abby's bodies also look a lot like the eager students that Viktor is teaching in issue #1. This is plausible as well, and if that's who they are, then this is just a lesser scales challenge between Ria and Viktor, looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanMachine View Post
    A keen-eyed redditor just pointed out that Abby's bodies also look a lot like the eager students that Viktor is teaching in issue #1. This is plausible as well, and if that's who they are, then this is just a lesser scales challenge between Ria and Viktor, looks like.
    One of them definitely looks like Alexi, though (based on the clothes + facial hair).

Mind, given Daniel Rothschild is dead by Viktor's hands and Ria has probably been out for revenge since she was exiled, I can't imagine this would be a lesser scales challenge.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 07-21-2017 at 02:33 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

final arc next year
    Eh? I have heard nothing stating the length of the book. Where'd you get that?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Eh? I have heard nothing stating the length of the book. Where'd you get that?
    Seems like it will depend on sales levels. Thus far, it doesn't read like it'll be ending by issue #12.

http://www.cbr.com/excl-hickman-coke...y-magic-money/
    You’re famous for your big outlines and grand visions for comic stories. How far do you have “The Black Monday Murders” mapped out?

One thing to keep in mind is these books are bigger than normal books, so our first trade, which is going to be the first four issues will be, at least, 240 pages. So if I say we’re going to issue #20, and we keep playing the way that we’re playing now, that would be around 40 issues of normal comics. Right now, we have a plan for 12 issues, which would extrapolate out to be like 2 years worth of comics. Over 500 pages. We’re also super-pragmatic, though, and we want to make sure the book works and is received well. So the plan is to put the first issue out and see what happens. We’ll get our numbers here in a couple weeks, and if we’re strong, then we’re just going to go and see what happens. If we’re not, we can put a bow on the book at the planned 12 issues. Then we’ll move on the something else.
    Per The Beat

THE BLACK MONDAY MURDERS
    08/2016: Black Monday Murders #1 -- 26,696
    09/2016: Black Monday Murders #2 -- 19,749 (- 26.0%)
    10/2016: Black Monday Murders #3 -- 18,371 (- 7.0%)
    11/2016: Black Monday Murders #4 -- 17,718 (- 3.6%)
    12/2016: --
    01/2017: --
    02/2017: --
    03/2017: --
    04/2017: Black Monday Murders #5 -- 15,655 (- 11.6%)
    05/2017: --
    06/2017: Black Monday Murders #6 -- 14,458 (- 7.6%)

Cumulative Vol 1 TPB sales via Comichron: 8,256 (initial: 4,460)
    Last edited by rui no onna; 07-23-2017 at 11:48 AM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Ah, I completely missed that 12 issue comment. Seems the numbers are fine, but I wonder if the sales had anything to do with shorter issues this arc. Or perhaps the price was prohibitive so, a trade followed by a more affordable second arc. Who knows.

I am surprised it's not selling better, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Ah, I completely missed that 12 issue comment. Seems the numbers are fine, but I wonder if the sales had anything to do with shorter issues this arc. Or perhaps the price was prohibitive so, a trade followed by a more affordable second arc. Who knows.

I am surprised it's not selling better, though.
    The 4 issues were $19.96. Volume 1 TPB was $19.99. Granted, you can get the trades discounted via Amazon, etc.

For creator-owned, 10K is pretty good. I believe Kieron Gillen mentioned if your Image book is selling 12K copies, you're probably making more than what the Big Two are paying. Besides, this is definitely a niche title. The hiatus is a quite likely cause for drop off. Out of sight, out of mind and all that. That said, I think the recent delays are likely bound to hurt floppy sales, too.

Also, I think there are a lot of people who prefer to trade-wait Image titles more than the Big Two. Particularly so when the creators are known for being late.
    Currently Following:

BANNED

Whoooooa everybody, I'm pretty sure this is the case. Especially as the character being killed is the same one Viktor gave the coin(s) to during his lecture. To me the 'Alexi' guy looks more like the lawyer in my avatar than Alexi himself. I don't think Abby would kill Beatrix etc. without a fight like the one that should be coming in issue 7, either, according to the back matter at the end of #6. I sincerely doubt those are anything but throwaway characters.

And Ria's mom was a 'muggle' if you will, she wasn't born in 18anything. I don't recall where exactly this birthdate stuff was, can someone direct me to it? Got all the issues handy.

Damn, BMM is 14k? That's above the kill level for a Marvel/DC book, right? I think... either way that's high for an indie, and has to be much more profitable for the creators because it IS an indie. I don't think it's ending anytime soon because of sales.

Final arc? Pray tell where you got this info? That would ruin my day.

And OceanMachine, cheers to the BMM avatar!
    Last edited by son of booyah; 07-23-2017 at 04:49 PM. Reason: so much to respond to

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    And Ria's mom was a 'muggle' if you will, she wasn't born in 18anything. I don't recall where exactly this birthdate stuff was, can someone direct me to it? Got all the issues handy.
    Rothschild family tree on issue 1. Maybe just a typo but we can't rule out the possibility that it was intentional.
    Currently Following:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Rothschild family tree on issue 1. Maybe just a typo but we can't rule out the possibility that it was intentional.
    Thanks rui!

I think Ria's mom could have been abnormal in some way without the Rothschilds realizing it. Or it could have been a typo.

Thanks for clearing up the publication deets, rui. I would be thrilled if they ended up pushing this series further than 12 issues! This week's issue should be pretty badass.

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    And OceanMachine, cheers to the BMM avatar!
    Word!

This week's issue should be pretty badass.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but:

Black Monday Murders #6: 05/17/17 delayed to 06/21/17
    Black Monday Murders #7: 06/14/17 delayed to 08/30/17
    Black Monday Murders #8: 07/19/17 delayed to 09/20/17
    Currently Following:

Oh maaaaan..

Just so that I can keep up with any news like this, where do you find that info on delayed titles?

Just so that I can keep up with any news like this, where do you find that info on delayed titles?
    I normally keep track of my preorders/subscriptions via http://pulllist.comixology.com/

This way, I know what books I need to pick up every week.

BMM 7 and 8 show as TBD on comiXology for now so had to check the online Previews Catalog for those.
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR170764
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY170659

Volume 2 TPB
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG170610
    Last edited by rui no onna; 07-24-2017 at 12:01 PM.
    Currently Following:

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    BMM 7 and 8 show as TBD on comiXology for now so had to check the online Previews Catalog for those.
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR170764
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY170659

Volume 2 TPB
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG170610
    Awesome. Thanks!

Anyone else excited for our next issue (hopefully) next week? The official Image website has it listed as next week, and we've not yet had a delay adjustment this close to the listed date. So I'm crossing my fingers that next week we'll get to find out what happened with the cliffhanger-ish events of last issue.