Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

There were also various back-up runs in the past, like a ten-part Josie Mac story by Judd Winick and Cliff Chiang in Detective Comics around 2002, but I don't know if that stuff was ever collected anywhere.

(F.Y.I., Josie Mac did later become part of the Gotham Central detectives.)

Don't you guys wonder how big of a room we would need to hold them if DC printed every single comic to TPB's, HC, and Omnis?

And boy, wouldn't that be cool???
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Don't you guys wonder how big of a room we would need to hold them if DC printed every single comic to TPB's, HC, and Omnis?

And boy, wouldn't that be cool???
    It surely would!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Anybody know if [Bullock's Law] that's been collected anywhere?
    No, it belongs in the Cataclysm/Aftershock/Road to NML period (has earthquake references), and I just custom bound that period so put it in there.

It'd be nice if DC collects Dixon Tec and puts it in there.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Figured I'd bump up this thread and see if anybody is aware of any new series / collections either already released or due to be released (either later this year or in 2019) that we weren't aware of back in December of 2016 (when this thread was originally discussed).

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

It is probably very unnecessary, but I just would like to mention another story that features the GCPD in no small way...Batman: Year One.

Batman_406.jpg
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

Quote Originally Posted by masahikotahara View Post
    It is probably very unnecessary, but I just would like to mention another story that features the GCPD in no small way...Batman: Year One.

Been ages since I've re-read those issues, but did it really focus on the police department and the various officers as individuals?

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Been ages since I've re-read those issues, but did it really focus on the police department and the various officers as individuals?
    Not to the the extent that Gotham Central does, but it does show some of the inner workings of the GCPD (with commissioner Gillian Loeb, detectives Arnold Flass, Sarah Essen, Merkel, Branden and James Gordon and D.A. Harvey Dent).
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

"A Bullet for Bullock" - Detective Comics #651 by Chuck Dixon
    Adapeted into one the best episodes of Batman the Animated Serie.