Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Phoenix. Phoenix. Phoenix. Phoenix. Phoenix. Phoenix. Phoenix. PHOENIX.

Okay I'm done.

But seriously, that's what my guess for this is. Greg Pak was the last person to actually WRITE the adult Jean Grey at the beginning of his Marvel career or thereabouts, it would bring him full circle.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Phoenix. Phoenix. Phoenix. Phoenix. Phoenix. Phoenix. Phoenix. PHOENIX.

Okay I'm done.

But seriously, that's what my guess for this is. Greg Pak was the last person to actually WRITE the adult Jean Grey at the beginning of his Marvel career or thereabouts, it would bring him full circle.
    That seems most likely, but I really want Pak to be on a book I actually plan on reading. Also, I want Hopeless out of the running for GenX and out of the picture so far as X-Men go. I generally don't like his work and his X-Positions grate.

I hope it is Weapon X with Deadpool, Gambit, X-23, Cable and Psylocke.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    This big news had better be that adult Jean is finally coming back after over a decade of being dead. Didn't Greg Pak write Endsong.

Oh boy, I know I'm just setting myself up for disappointment but I can't help myself. The teasing is too strong. lol
    Fingers crossed

Part of me is like marvel wouldn't have even let him tweet out what he did if it was for one of the new X books. I'm indifferent to him.

Any of the 4 remaining titles would be wonderful, but especially Adult Jean, Gen X and Weapon X.

Give me Sage or give me death.

Generation X with Emma Frost as the headmistress please!
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

BANNED

Another Storm ongoing solo oh yeah!

Tbh I think it's silly to assume that if this is related to the reveals this week that it isn't Jean Grey, Cable, Gen X, or Weapon X.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Pak and Kuder just wrapped up an acclaimed run on Action Comics, and since Rebirth, DC has been trying to delegitimize the Superman that was featured in those stories. Kuder had a tweet right before going to Marvel that implied he was not happy with DC's handling of Superman and wouldn't be too much to assume that Pak feels the same. Basically, Marvel fans are gonna be seeing a lot of him.

It makes sense that after both his Hulk stuff and his X-Men stuff that Marvel would have him return to work on both.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Pak and Kuder just wrapped up an acclaimed run on Action Comics, and since Rebirth, DC has been trying to delegitimize the Superman that was featured in those stories. Kuder had a tweet right before going to Marvel that implied he was not happy with DC's handling of Superman and wouldn't be too much to assume that Pak feels the same. Basically, Marvel fans are gonna be seeing a lot of him.

It makes sense that after both his Hulk stuff and his X-Men stuff that Marvel would have him return to work on both.
    This is another reason I think that Pak being on Jean Grey is a possibility, even if it turns out to be Teen Jean.

They returned Pak to the Hulk, so bringing him back to Jean Grey also makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    This is another reason I think that Pak being on Jean Grey is a possibility, even if it turns out to be Teen Jean.

They returned Pak to the Hulk, so bringing him back to Jean Grey also makes sense.
    If I'm honest, I'd rather a newer writer for teen Jean. But, Pak is so good I can't complain. Wouldn't be surprised if Marvel reunited him and Kuder for it either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Where did you read this? Maybe its a new Storm solo title.
    Exactly what I was wishing. AND Hoping PLEASE Greg Pak

It might be Hulk related, but I wouldn't mind seeing him write another X-book. He did a great job on Storm's solo title and his brief run on Xtreme X-men was highly underrated. If he does get to write one of the new X-books, I hope it's Gen X. I think that book would fit his style well. If not that, then definitely Weapon X or Cable.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.