Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

let me see if I get this right..He (Superdad) is absorbing more sunlight than Nuperman did if that's the case why is he substantially weaker??Makes no sense..On a positive note..Art was amazing. https://comicnewbies.com/2016/12/01/...erman-rebirth/

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I mean yeah, more than anything it was a showcase for Jimenez and Sanchez to cut loose. Thank God. It was one of those visual delights so well crafted that it extended nuance to the actual writing. We basically danced around one sliver of the Rebirth story but it did tie up a plot thread that came out of the first actual issue, so that was neat.
    Good to hear. Once again, I've been off and on with the Rebirth books. So much convolution that takes me out of it. I'm probably going to go to TPB's and Graphic Novel's full time soon. Comics nowadays are more than ever built for trades anyhow. That said, I still picked up this Annual and it looks beautiful so it's nice to hear the art cutting loose and it just being a solid, enjoyable book. Good enough for me.

BANNED

The annual is only behind 'Saga', and the 'Batman' annual on the digital charts.

https://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers

Quote Originally Posted by W8IN4KAL-EL View Post
    let me see if I get this right..He (Superdad) is absorbing more sunlight than Nuperman did if that's the case why is he substantially weaker??Makes no sense..On a positive note..Art was amazing. https://comicnewbies.com/2016/12/01/...erman-rebirth/
    Superdad is an 80's gas guzzler while Nuperman was a Hybrid, his powers worked in concert with his Suit which helped him metabolize and store solar energy more efficiently. He did more with Less.
    Last edited by Lokimaru; 12-03-2016 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    They're definitely NOT doing that long-term. Black Canary and Power Girl are totally different cases. They were relatively minor characters. Superman is one of DC's two (three if you count WW) flagship characters. And even with BC and PG, they eventually integrated them into mainstream continuity (unsuccessfully in PG's case but still).

Technically, its already a fact. We KNOW that the New 52 reality is the same as the pre-Flashpoint reality albeit altered. In fact, we've known this since 2011. Its only the how and who that has changed.

And we've already been told by the solicits that Wally and Superman are 'kindred spirits' in a sense. Since Wally clearly belongs to this earth, logically it follows that so does Superdad.

Its just a question of when and how this is confirmed, the characters acknowledge it, and how will the timeline anomalies and continuity issues work out. Not to mention the pesky issue of New 52 Superman and his fate.
    But Nuperman was already Here meaning HE was the Original Superman and Superdad is just a COPY of what He was Before the Flashpoint. EVERYONE was changed by Flashpoint, EVERYONE. Some people got Older like Jimmy some Younger like Clark and Lois, characters came back like George Taylor and the Star. Some people even changed Races like Etta Candy and Yes Wally West, But the problem is fans now can't let **** breath and grow organically anymore. Flashpoint happened people and that left it's mark on the world, That why you get a more loner Superman, cause his Flashpoint version grew up Isolated and Alone, or a more violent Amazonian People, cause they did work during Flashpoint, Aquaman being more take charge, Bats being less paranoid, Cyborg as a Founder all stem from Flashpoint. Maybe the Shazam kids would have learned to summon Captain Thunder if given a chance, but it's not to be cause the fans need their nostalgia.

A whole lot of nothing story wise, but Jimenez's work is jaw dropping.

I am starting to think that Nuperman is actually the real Superman and Superdad is NOT..What makes me say this? Well if he(Superdad) was/is the real deal and this is in fact his home..why then is he throwing off his solar absorbing abilities while Nuperman did not?

BANNED

In this issue! -

Superman gets told by Swamp-Thing to get the frak over himself for vague yet convoluted reasons, and by extension, DC Comics meta-textually tells it's readers to do the same.

The Super-marriage continues to prove it's worth in Super-lore by being entirely superfluous to this story and all the others since Rebirth. That kid is in it, too. but he's surplus to requirements also.

It's nice that DC had money to blow on sweet-looking artwork tho. So it's not all a waste, I suppose......

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    The annual is only behind 'Saga', and the 'Batman' annual on the digital charts.

https://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers
    Wow.

You really can polish a turd.

Fun issue. Amazing art. Solid dialogue. Passable one-liners. Interesting ideas. Decent action. Sufficient panel count. Satisfied with my purchase. Meta-text aplenty. And very little meat to chew on.

We learn that Superdad is out of sync with the world. We already knew that. Swamp Thing does something he thinks will fix it, but we already knew from the Rebirth Special that what Holland likely believes is the problem isnt really the problem.

But we did get an answer.....sorta....about the blue hand print.

The art taught me that the strip of red where the belt should be looks better when I dont think of it as a belt at all.

Baby steps.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.