Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's not our problem if you refuse to see the context of the larger problem. Marvel has shown a pattern of releasing titles with uninteresting young mutants after the abrupt cancellation of NXM and when they inevitably fail because of the uninspiring characters and mundane/worn out tropes, the blame is unfairly placed on a "lack of interest for young mutants in general". That actually decreases the chances of seeing the young mutants people WANT to read about in the future as well. How is this so hard to grasp?

And speaking only from the business side, if solos starring A-Listers like Storm and Cyclops cannot survive, what chance does a book featuring Jubilee mentoring a bunch of nobodies stand?
    Do you speak for every X-Men fan I assume? Did you read everyone's minds?

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    No but he read the boards, probably reads the blogs, and the reviews...

What was the standard review for Apocalypse war? 6 out of 10 stars.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    People similarly bitched about the cast of Spider-man and the X-Men and that title ended up being great.
    how so? maybe from your personal opinion which is fine but it did last only 6 issues.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Actually I am not a millennial. Surprised you put it that way, because unless you are a millennial then you know that defending others and trying to live with out negativity is an old fashioned trait. Millennials are the one who only care for themselves and love to complain about things and cause negativity. Yes a generalization, but mostly true. I have NEVER heard a millennial say the saying "If you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all." I also think that you can cyber bully with out being directly calling someone names (like when someone earlier said to disregard one of my comments and nothing else). All I think is that we should have one thread for news and one for complaining so people that like to avoid negativity can avoid the negative comments. I have sent a message to administration and hope that they take me serious or I will be reporting this thread to the police. And cyber bullying is taken very serious here in America and I take the attacks on my view that we should not have to read all the negativity as cyber bullying because of the way things were phrased. (Example above). This shall be my last post on this but like I said I hope administration takes this serious or this will be reported to police. Many governments even have organizations similar to the fbi just for cyber crime including cyber bullying. Have a nice day everybody. I dont think my request of 2 separate threads deserved all the attack I got. It is attitudes like this that Trump supporters have, attitudes that say the think they are the only one that matters. Attitudes that are getting blacks and gays and trans and latinos attacked in this country right now. This world has enough negativity why do I need to see it on a place I come to to exscape negativity? (The world of comic books)
    Umm... What?

You're going to report the boards to the police for... being too negative and disagreeing with you? Are you... Are you serious?

And what do Trump supporters and racism and homophobia have to do with any of that?

I have to be honest with you, you remind me of someone I know who is constantly complaining how they're being cyber bullied by people simply because those people don't agree with them and make some jokes about them. And they are also often threatening to go to the police about that imagined cyber bullying.
    My advice to you is to not be like that. If you act like that nobody will be able to take you seriously. Just because someone disagrees with you and expresses their negative opinion without sugarcoating it doesn't mean that they are bullying you. Or that they are a racist homophobe who supports Trump (Seriously, I can't believe that I have to say this). XD

I am psyched about this. Finally giving other characters that are not part of the past few decades a little time to shine. Love this!!! Just because there are no Cyclops's, Wolverine's, Jean Grey's doesn't mean a writer can't do their job properly. With good storytelling just about anything is possible.

It's not our problem if you refuse to see the context of the larger problem. Marvel has shown a pattern of releasing titles with uninteresting young mutants after the abrupt cancellation of NXM and when they inevitably fail because of the uninspiring characters and mundane/worn out tropes, the blame is unfairly placed on a "lack of interest for young mutants in general". That actually decreases the chances of seeing the young mutants people WANT to read about in the future as well. How is this so hard to grasp?
    Not to mention that new young hero teams (as opposed to a team of previously established characters like the new Champions) are almost certain to become next year's wallpaper. Readers get invested, the run ends, and then the new characters never get any further development and are always the first ones on the block when someone needs to die for shock value. It's not simply a lack of interest in new teen characters, it's readers being aware of the cycle and having a limited interest in investing time and money in going through it again unless there's something to get excited about. There's nothing wrong with the GenX concept per se, but, as mentioned, the primary hooks right now are Jubilee's journey and the new school. Me, I like Jubilee just fine, but not enough to make room on my pull-list when Image, Oni, Boom and DC are offering me concepts I like more. Plus, this just just isn't the book I wanted and, given the last few years, I really cannot get that worked up about the X-Men relocating/rebuilding the school yet again.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 12-01-2016 at 01:44 AM.

Have you seen any of the poll results or popularity contests for the youngsters held on this board and everywhere else? NXM (and if they are included, New Mutants and the original Generation X) always come out on top leaving their successors in the dust. It's never even close.

And if you think it's just a vocal minority, then just check the sales figures for New X-Men vs. the sales for every teen mutant title that followed after.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Not to mention that new young hero teams (as opposed to a team of previously established characters like the new Champions) are almost certain to become next year's wallpaper. Readers get invested, the run ends, and then the new characters never get any further development and are always the first ones on the block when someone needs to die for shock value. It's not simply a lack of interest in new teen characters, it's readers being aware of the cycle and having a limited interest in investing time and money in going through it again unless there's something to get excited about. There's nothing wrong with the GenX concept per se, but, as mentioned, the primary hooks right now are Jubilee's journey and the new school. Me, I like Jubilee just fine, but not enough to make room on my pull-list when Image, Oni, Boom and DC are offering me concepts I like more. Plus, this just just isn't the book I wanted and, given the last few years, I really cannot get that worked up about the X-Men relocating/rebuilding the school yet again.
    Yeah. It's not even something "completely different" as the defenders are making it out to be. It's just the same old shtick that has failed over and over again, only with a coat of new paint in the form of a slightly different assortment of characters (albeit some of them are the definition of Mean Girl Gretchen's Fetch!).

Personally, I will give it a chance as I'm interested in seeing what the writer does with 2-3 of the characters, but yeah, something truly miraculous would need to happen for this to break out and stick, proving itself a boon to a line that is in dire need of some.

Unglaublich!

I'm very surprised and, I suppose, a little disappointed at this roster. Based on the original promo material, I was hoping that some of the NXM kids would return to prominence in this title.

However!

Nature Girl, Eye Boy and Morph are pretty much blank slates so the writer has the opportunity to "make them her own" as it were. Who knows... perhaps she can make us love them...?

Quire's a bit of a no-no for me. I just don't get the fascination with him these days. He had his glorious moment during Morrison's run and, in my opinion, that should really have been the end of him. That said though, has he been seen since his inversion during Axis? Is he still inverted (like Havok and Sabretooth)? These could be threads that the writer makes good use of.

Maybe it'll be reminiscent of Academy X when DePhillipis and Weir were at the helm: a "main" team of characters, but plenty of focus on the other squads as well. Presumably the other squads will consist of the missing kids, like Hellion, Surge, Mercury, etc.

I'm prepared to give it a chance, if nothing else...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    Maybe it'll be reminiscent of Academy X when DePhillipis and Weir were at the helm: a "main" team of characters, but plenty of focus on the other squads as well. Presumably the other squads will consist of the missing kids, like Hellion, Surge, Mercury, etc.
    Yeah. I'm just hoping they don't play up the "underdog" bit too much if that's the case. I don't want to see the X-Men squad as the school jocks and the Ambassador squad as mouthpieces for doormat diplomacy and respectability politics. Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of the squad system as it's being described in the interview anyway; the X-Men squad especially reminds a little too much of the bullshit that Emma instituted just before the bus incident way back when. But we'll likely get more info on that well before April.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 12-01-2016 at 03:08 AM.

BANNED

Have you seen any of the poll results or popularity contests for the youngsters held on this board and everywhere else? NXM (and if they are included, New Mutants and the original Generation X) always come out on top leaving their successors in the dust. It's never even close.

And if you think it's just a vocal minority, then just check the sales figures for New X-Men vs. the sales for every teen mutant title that followed after.
    Voted the most by entitled fans. Also in regards to sales figures, sometimes those mean nothing in regards to quality. Like Nighthawk is great title but it got bad sales (I wonder why? *coughsracists*). Honestly all this is just "Wah! It's not the character I want!" Like yes, how dare she choose the character she wants.

For all those saying X-fans are just perpetually negative go back to the comments about the original teasers. They were all very positive and full of excitement and why was that? Because Marvel teased the return of very popular teams, characters and concepts from the past. The teaser contained all the classic characters associated with those titles and one small sliver of the new stuff. Fast forward to the new announcements and what did we get a 98% new concept return and a small sliver of the old. I wonder why people are so negative now? Could it possibly be that the name and images promised and got them excited for a return to a more classic X-men with a little new aged spice and then they delivered the same series we have now with a new title pasted on the cover? With maybe a old character or two so they could say see a return to the classic.

Voted the most by entitled fans.
    Well, at least you didn't say voted the most by illegal fans

Also in regards to sales figures, sometimes those mean nothing in regards to quality.
    The case of NXM vs. its failed successors wasn't one of those "sometimes".

Like Nighthawk is great title but it got bad sales (I wonder why? *coughsracists*). Honestly all this is just "Wah! It's not the character I want!" Like yes, how dare she choose the character she wants.
    The Nighthawk comparison doesn't even make sense in this scenario as every generation of the younger kids has been pretty diverse. Making diversity an easier success is by capitalising on your popular, well fleshed-out minorities as opposed to your sight gags and blank slates. Otherwise if the book with the latter fails, bigots are gonna fault the diverse aspect of the book and won't shut up until kingdom come.

And we don't know for sure if these are the characters she really wanted (especially Quentin Quire, who Marvel has been pushing time and time again only to abysmal results).
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 12-01-2016 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    For all those saying X-fans are just perpetually negative go back to the comments about the original teasers. They were all very positive and full of excitement and why was that? Because Marvel teased the return of very popular teams, characters and concepts from the past. The teaser contained all the classic characters associated with those titles and one small sliver of the new stuff. Fast forward to the new announcements and what did we get a 98% new concept return and a small sliver of the old. I wonder why people are so negative now? Could it possibly be that the name and images promised and got them excited for a return to a more classic X-men with a little new aged spice and then they delivered the same series we have now with a new title pasted on the cover? With maybe a old character or two so they could say see a return to the classic.
    The Generation X teaser only contained a small sliver of the original team. The bulk of that teaser was other characters not associated with GenX at all

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Yeah exactly. For a fanbase that has a repute of "never being satisfied", the X-Board was incredibly giddy over the ResurrXion teasers, at a time when things were still bleak and TPTB hadn't really earned that excitement.