Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

I look at this scene, then look at the new comic announcements and just shake my head.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Roberto is much better at the avengers than he would be at x-men. Where he would be only a secondary or extra, and a comic relief, in the avengers he is the leader of the team, IMA and 007.

He was never so incredible.
    The New Mutants as a whole would be better off tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ewing wrote a New Mutants issue, or an USAvengers Annual featuring them. Seriously why wasn't he given one of the Ressurexion books?
    Al Ewing would be the best thing to happen to the X-line, hands down one of Marvel top talent.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    The New Mutants as a whole would be better off tbh.

Al Ewing would be the best thing to happen to the X-line, hands down one of Marvel top talent.
    I have been trying to make this point for awhile. Al Ewing treats his characters with a lot of love and actually develops them. He actually makes an attempt to tie in old continuity also. Marvel should allow him to absorb the original New Mutants into US Avengers working for and with Roberto. They would be in a much better place than what's taken place the X-Office. They would get no shine whatsoever. Al Ewing has a talent for juggling a decent size cast. Roberto and Sam were my favorites so I'm satisfied but if things were reversed I would probably be sending letters to petition for it given the feast or famine that's taking place in X Books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I have been trying to make this point for awhile. Al Ewing treats his characters with a lot of love and actually develops them. He actually makes an attempt to tie in old continuity also. Marvel should allow him to absorb the original New Mutants into US Avengers working for and with Roberto. They would be in a much better place than what's taken place the X-Office. They would get no shine whatsoever. Al Ewing has a talent for juggling a decent size cast. Roberto and Sam were my favorites so I'm satisfied but if things were reversed I would probably be sending letters to petition for it given the feast or famine that's taking place in X Books.
    Agreed Ewing has been consistently Marvel's best writer for the past couple of years. I've been wanting him to write an X-title since he was put on Mighty Avengers because like you said he develops his characters and he seems to enjoy tackling the continuity and finding new and fun ways of tieing things together.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    And for the record, Miss Sinclair is the only (original NM) absentee -- but really(?) who cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    I care. Rahne should've been there.
    Welcome to the Minority.
    I care, too: we may be the 1%, but the Minority does count .

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Poor Rahne has been left out of the New Mutants for quite some time now. She seems to be more of an X-Factor staple these days.
    That's why I wasn't surprised about her absence, I'm sadly used to her being apart of her old teammates. But she's still my 'first favorite' New Mutant, the one who attracted my attention in the very beginning. Cheers, Rahne!

She definitely never appeared in Zeb's NM run. Can't recall if she was ever name dropped but...I don't think so.
    No. IIRC, she wasn't named even once. It was hard enough that she wasn't part of the team, but the fact that her teammates didn't even share a story about her when they spent a whole nostalgic night gulping beer --that was almost offensive !

hope more NM cameo in USAnger ..

Well, I'm part of the minority who cares about Rahne too.
    I think that the chances to see her among ex-teamates of New Mutants are very low since she never interacted with any of them theses last 10 years. For the best in a way, considering how great was X-Factor in comparison with NM vol3 after Wells's departure ...
    Anyway, since nobody ever tried to reunite Rahne with resurrected Doug, how do you expect to see her alongside the NM ?
    Peter David recently mentioned on his blog: "As for Rahne and Doug, if the characters had ever overlapped in X-Factor I definitely would have done that story. PAD "
    I wish Marvel give him this opportunity one of theses days !

(http://www.peterdavid.net/2016/11/29...-now/#comments)