Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Y'know in retrospect it is kind of ground breaking to have two gay couples in a comic book especially with those characters who are the main characters (even if Toni and Aikku's relationship was kind of the tail run of the book). Billy and Teddy, Aikku and Toni.

Still not happy about Pod's depowering though. Boooo

But yeah this was a fantastic end of this books run and I'm sad to see it go.

Going to be laughing my ass off forever with Iron Fist and Powerman.

I was also a bit miffed off at the White Tigers' ending. And I was a little off put that Ava looked so light skinned here. Hopefully there's some kind of White Tiger plan at Marvel.

Billy and Teddy's happy ending was adorable. I wonder if that's the same building we saw from that future jump at the end of the Morridun arc...

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

Billy and Teddy's happy ending was adorable. I wonder if that's the same building we saw from that future jump at the end of the Morridun arc...
    The same swank apartment overlooking the park is seen in their Sorcerers Supreme future>>>>

Or, at least, I like to think its the same place.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The same swank apartment overlooking the park is seen in their Sorcerers Supreme future>>>>

Aww cute. Never saw that before. From another book I take it?

From Doctor Strange & the Sorcerers Supreme #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. Their powers are basically the same as Doreen's, CH being a direct male counterpart and Koi Boi being similar but with fish instead of rodents.Wiccan and Hulkling were already planning on going it alone, ever since Standoff. Songbird had fallen out of favour with SHIELD after Ulysses foresaw that she would be at Roberto's funeral, so she felt that she couldn't work with them. Thus, when Roberto announced he was merging AIM with SHIELD, she said she would stay in touch, but she's taking a holiday. In real life, the writer of Thunderbolts wanted her back, and the team change up made a good exit point for her. White Tiger quit because she's been depowered. Power Man only signed up because he was romantically involved with Ava at the time. No reason to stick around.

Citizen V is an odd comparison to make. Considering that an imposter of him was the original leader of the Thunderbolts... actually, that makes me wonder if Songbird and the rest of the T-Bolts will show up in a later arc of U.S.Avengers.
    There are more Citizen V in Thunderbolts alone. It is like Crimson Crowl. So no surprise here.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Y'know in retrospect it is kind of ground breaking to have two gay couples in a comic book especially with those characters who are the main characters (even if Toni and Aikku's relationship was kind of the tail run of the book). Billy and Teddy, Aikku and Toni.
    Well, the thing between Toni and Aikku was a pretty prominent subplot all through the run. So while they only became a couple at the end, it was still pretty clear that it was where they were going.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Well, the thing between Toni and Aikku was a pretty prominent subplot all through the run. So while they only became a couple at the end, it was still pretty clear that it was where they were going.
    Yeah it was. The romantic part of it didn't really become as obvious until the whole American Kaiju fight but yeah, it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

What the heck? Did Teddy find himself a Skrull surrogate or something? He himself doesn't have the ridged jawline, due to his Kree side, so I'm guessing the kid is more Skrull than Kree.