• Terrance Stamp

1 4.55%
  • Julian Sandsj

0 0%
    Amazing Member

Default Who is the best actor to play Jor-el

Who is the best actor to play jor-el

I really liked Russell Crowe's Jor-el.

I wish DC would do a Prequel movie with Russell Crowe starting in it.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

No one could ham it up like Marlon Brando. I can hear him speaking just thinking about it. The rest are pretty much forgettable.

BANNED

Strictly speaking, it's Marlon Brando.
    Brando, IMO, didn't really seem to give it his all though, so I have to vote for Terrence Stamp.

Russell Crowe was by far the most enjoyable and likeable one though.

I have a lot of problems with Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder's vision for the DCEU... but Russel Crowe was not one of them. He and Amy Adams were the stand-out stars.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Russel Crowe for the win.

One of the best parts of MOS.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Retired

I only have memory of Marlon Brando and Russell Crowe. I guess those other actors played Jor-El on TV (?)

It's a fact that Marlon Brando was one of the best actors of his generation. So a best actor played Jor-El and that was Marlon Brando.

Something I always liked in the comics was that Jor-El looks like Kal-El. They should try that sometime on screen. It's weird that Jor-El never looks like his son in movies and TV shows. There should be some family resemblance.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Russel Crowe for the win.

One of the best parts of MOS.

i feel the same way and i am actually kinda shocked that our pick is winning. before i saw the results i was expecting brando to take it in a landslide. i am pretty pleased to see some preference for the most recent one despite the film itself being more divisive.

ive watched both those jor-els countless times and i have to say that while i love each, crowes is so much more believable to me. the acting is very restrained and that leads the emoting to come across incredibly meaningful to me.

lara: theyll kill him <kal-el>!
    jor-el: how?

tangent but in a similar way i think the chris meloni character has a comparable delivery that totally increases my buy-in to the mos world. "that man is not our enemy" couldve been said a hundred different ways off the page and none of them wouldve been as perfect as what he did. yet it goes completely ignored by most viewers.

Tough choice. Lots of good actors there. But it's hard to say 'no' to Brando

All-New Member

As good as an actor Mr Brando was i have to say i really like Russel Crowe

Retired

I don't like Jor-El with a beard.

I love Brando. But he felt like he was just sleep walking through his lines as Jor-El. I believed him in the role but I never cared about him or his journey. Crowe made me actively interested in Jor-El's character and his motivations and justifications.

It doesnt hurt that Crowe got a lot more to do in his movie and his journey was more deeply explored by the script. Had Brando been given as much to chew on perhaps my answer would be different, but as it stands Crowe gets my vote.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Russell Crowe, for me.

Marlon Brando was great but Crowe was closer to how I'd envision Jor-El.

Terrance Stamp was just Jor-El's voice. I don't know the other 2.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-02-2016 at 10:37 PM.