Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
Yeah I was gonna commend you because those aren't common suggestions at all.

I do think Superman is closer to Saul and the Molemen than that tone set by the DK trilogy. Cage works that way especially since he's kind of a draw for tv. But I won't fan cast anyone but Hammer. Or... Jordan. For whatever reason we're not ready for a black Clark even though it makes no difference, but at this point Calvin can work just perfectly as a new status quo and being so far out from Obama we're likely to get a fresher story

Period stuff I don't love though. To me it sounds like saying he doesn't work for today... or tomorrow.
Thank you!

Saul of the Mole Men is a great point of reference for what I was pointing towards with Nic Cage. I think him being older now works really well for the kind of tone it'd need. Something campy and darker for a late night creature feature audience. Robocop has the perfect aesthetic and tone too. Maybe Paul Verhooven would direct it!

I think a Michael B Jordan would rock as Clark Kent, especially for a more mainstream Superman flick. Adam Driver would be interesting too. Both those guys would deliver a hell of a performance.

I'd like Jon Hamm in a Superman joint that's a bit more long form. Something akin to Adventures of Superman. I guess it doesnt HAVE to be a period piece!

Oh, and Rashida Jones as Lois Lane all the way. In anything.