Page 141 of 388 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 5810

Power Girl's a boring character.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Power Girl's a boring character.
    How dare you, sir or madam! I'll not have such slander! Name the time and setting for our duel posthaste!

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    How dare you, sir or madam! I'll not have such slander! Name the time and setting for our duel posthaste!
    Wouldn't it be libel?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Wouldn't it be libel?
    Doesn't libel need to be published? I can't imagine any reputable firm backing such a claim!

You know what, I don't know if I'd say "boring," but I do think Power Girl is kind of superfluous. For a while there before Supergirl's show caught on, I actually think Power Girl was the more popular of the two. During the period prior to that show, I think I'd have said Supergirl was superfluous. Now that Supergirl got her groove back, Power Girl is just kind of... I don't know, forgettable, to me, except in specific stories where she's really important, like the original All-Star Squadron stories.

I don't have anything against her. Actually, it's maybe kind of sad, but that's sort of what happens with two Karas from Krypton running around and one is way more marketable.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    You know what, I don't know if I'd say "boring," but I do think Power Girl is kind of superfluous. For a while there before Supergirl's show caught on, I actually think Power Girl was the more popular of the two. During the period prior to that show, I think I'd have said Supergirl was superfluous. Now that Supergirl got her groove back, Power Girl is just kind of... I don't know, forgettable, to me, except in specific stories where she's really important, like the original All-Star Squadron stories.

I don't have anything against her. Actually, it's maybe kind of sad, but that's sort of what happens with two Karas from Krypton running around and one is way more marketable.
    She pretty much is superfluous on the main Earth. She was designed initially to be the only version of Kara on her own Earth, an alternate take, with her own version of Kal to be the cousin of. Main Earth Clark already has a cousin who isn't dead anymore and has a more marketable name.

If she vanished from the mainstream Super mythos, it wouldn't miss her that much.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah I like her well enough from reading some comics... but I don't regard her as a member of the family tbh. She can work without Superman so easily and I don't think we need more supers even if there's currently no Superwoman.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Doesn't libel need to be published? I can't imagine any reputable firm backing such a claim!
    Ah, a fair point sir! Clearly we're just dealing with one individual scoundrel of questionable character, and not a respectable institution which has tragically lost its way.

"We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Superman needs to start being the elder hero of tough love. Start telling people to get over their problems instead of whining about them all the time. Take the time you spend angry at world and use it to help people.
    Last edited by The World; 01-19-2020 at 09:02 AM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

For revealing his identity, Clark deserves to have those close to him attacked and killed for his selfish and shallow reasoning. The people at the Daily Planet? Squished by Metallo. The Kents? Slaughtered by Joker. Jimmy? Tortured and killed by Bruno Mannheim. Followed by Lex then suing Clark and Lois for years of biased writing (after coordinating the other attacks).

There's a reason why undercover cops, agents, spies, and others keep secret identities and such. Its to protect their loved ones and other innocents from being targeted. But nope, lets have Clark be a selfish prick about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    For revealing his identity, Clark deserves to have those close to him attacked and killed for his selfish and shallow reasoning. The people at the Daily Planet? Squished by Metallo. The Kents? Slaughtered by Joker. Jimmy? Tortured and killed by Bruno Mannheim. Followed by Lex then suing Clark and Lois for years of biased writing (after coordinating the other attacks).

There's a reason why undercover cops, agents, spies, and others keep secret identities and such. Its to protect their loved ones and other innocents from being targeted. But nope, lets have Clark be a selfish prick about it.

Agree 100%

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Lol. If Superman is suppose to be this legendary hero I expect him to be able to do the whole open identity thing which even D rank heroes have shown the ability to do.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

He's not really analogous to an undercover cop or a spy. He operates completely out in the open and has had very public relationships and associations with humans in every single incarnation over the decades. Literally everyone knows he's friends with the Daily Planet staff and has had a very personal relationship with Lois Lane, etc.

If he's analogous to anything it's a fireman, police officer, etc. Cops, detectives, FBI, etc. all operate in the public.

Plus, one of the points of the character is that he's going to go all out to save and/or bring someone to justice for harming anyone at all.

I had the same kind of reaction about Clark's identity being public; what about his loved ones?

But for eighty years (give or take a Truth or two) Clark's identity has been secret and that hasn't stopped villains from attacking the Daily Planet or Lois or any of the people who work there. I mean, it sounds like it changes everything but every villain has known for years that attacking Lois and the Planet is the best way to get at Superman. That's even fueled major stories like Kingdom Come, where Joker attacked the Planet; he didn't know who Superman was but he knew Superman was friends with the Planet staff. So.....Superman 18 actually doesn't change much here.

The bigger question is how it impacts the Kents; they've almost never been targets (give or take a Conduit or two). But Doomsday Clock notwithstanding, they're apparently still dead.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He's not really analogous to an undercover cop or a spy. He operates completely out in the open and has had very public relationships and associations with humans in every single incarnation over the decades. Literally everyone knows he's friends with the Daily Planet staff and has had a very personal relationship with Lois Lane, etc.

If he's analogous to anything it's a fireman, police officer, etc. Cops, detectives, FBI, etc. all operate in the public.

Plus, one of the points of the character is that he's going to go all out to save and/or bring someone to justice for harming anyone at all.
    I used the undercover cops and spies as examples to WHY secret identities are still a very real thing.

Plus, its one thing to know Superman is on good terms with a news outlet and their star reporter. Its something else when it becomes common knowledge that those people are actually his good friends, Lois is his wife, he has very vulnerable human parents, etc. Suddenly, if people want to hurt Superman, a whole bunch of targets suddenly popped up. And even Clark can't be in 2-3 or more places at once.

With the likes of Joker getting this news, and with how pissed off Lex was, a well organized retaliation should be in the works. One where bodies hit the floor.