Page 243 of 388 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 5810

These characters are nothing like Superman (the character Henry Cavill plays in Mission Impossible is a villain for starters) and have very different backgrounds from him. Daredevil is the only character here who has superpowers and his senses are designed in such a way to compensate for his blindness.

Once again, @manwhohaseverything, you're trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    These characters are nothing like Superman (the character Henry Cavill plays in Mission Impossible is a villain for starters) and have very different backgrounds from him. Daredevil is the only character here who has superpowers and his senses are designed in such a way to compensate for his blindness.

Once again, @manwhohaseverything, you're trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
    Dude!I have seen a flying alien with ftl and planetry strength with 360 degree vision and bone bending ability use wing chun and jeet kune do with awesome close quarters hand to hand.i have seen Hung Ga kung fu used as means of bending earth."Power" in superpower is a relative thing.You just lack imagination.Superpowers are just an addage.Nothing more or less.That can lead to an increased variety in moveset.They all at the end of the day use their hands and legs and dance.
    Rigght,wanting fight choreography and stunt choreography from an action character is square peg and round hole. I forgot superman is for "jesus" posing and flying around with relationship drama.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-07-2020 at 01:44 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Dude!I have seen a flying alien with ftl and planetry strength with 360 degree vision and bone bending ability use wing chun and jeet kune do with awesome close quarters hand to hand.i have seen Hung Ga kung fu used as means of bending earth."Power" in superpower is a relative thing.You just lack imagination.Superpowers are just an addage.Nothing more or less.That can lead to an increased variety in moveset.They all at the end of the day use their hands and legs and dance.
    Rigght,wanting fight choreography and stunt choreography from an action character is square peg and round hole. I forgot superman is for "jesus" posing and flying around with relationship drama.
    This is an exaggeration if I ever saw one.

Dude!I have seen a flying alien with ftl and planetry strength with 360 degree vision and bone bending ability use wing chun and jeet kune do with awesome close quarters hand to hand.i have seen Hung Ga kung fu used as means of bending earth.
    And yet, those were not the examples you used.

Rigght,wanting fight choreography and stunt choreography from an action character is square peg and round hole.
    No, wanting the wrong type of fight choreography is square peg in a round hole.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

And yet, those were not the examples you used.

No, wanting the wrong type of fight choreography is square peg in a round hole.
    Because those weren't needed.I can post the fight.But then,it would be anime.and you guys would be wrinkling your nose again.Forgive me,if i can't find real world equivalent in movies.I knew what @RobBanker was insinuating.Fighting is always gonna be with hands and legs.It doesn't matter if you can lift a planets or a hair pin.It doesn't matter if you are human or god.Anyways,here is a fanfilm.I am not going to post link of the things i mentioned. I also would like to mention things like the matrix and thor,ww,aquaman..etc fighting as well.

this is only wrong because you lack imagination.People said Superman's fighting style was "boxing" here.what henry was doing is boxing.Daredevil is basically ducking and weaving as well. Those fights are perfectly replecatable with superstrength or speed.They would just have to use slow/speed motion,puching sonic boom effects..etc.They would just have to use cgi and other cinematic techniques.Powerlevels are stretchable and superficial.Dick grayson does a jump and flip over a car that's coming towards him.Superman does it over a supersonic train that's coming towards him.That's it.Their main purpose is to give a structure to story so that readers have reference points for tension.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    This is an exaggeration if I ever saw one.
    yeah!it's a hyperbole at the sheer disdain shown towards action genre .But,is not far from truth.it is seen as triviality and basically looked down up on.People don't even care if superman has good enough set pieces.That outlook is carried over by the writers as well.Demand is supplied.
    "ewww!dumb punching and kicking".As if i am reading dostoevsky,dickens or kafka or something and not superman.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-07-2020 at 02:58 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

As an actor Henry Cavil sucks in general and is the worst actor to play ever play Superman...so far. He lacks the charm, wit, and warmth to play the part. He's much better at playing villains and/or aloof emotionally distant characters like Sherlock Holmes in films like Mission: Impossible-Fallout and Elona Holmes and no amount stunts, CGI, make-up, costumes and etc will ever make him a heroic leading man to me at least. If he had been cast as Zod and the actor who played Zod were switched might made Man of Steel maybe a little better, not by much, but I would rather watch Micheal Shannon read the phone book than Cavil trying to be Superman.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 12-07-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Because those weren't needed.I can post the fight.But then,it would be anime.and you guys would be wrinkling your nose again.Forgive me,if i can't find real world equivalent in movies.I knew what @RobBanker was insinuating.Fighting is always gonna be with hands and legs.It doesn't matter if you can lift a planets or a hair pin.It doesn't matter if you are human or god.Anyways,here is a fanfilm.I am not going to post link of the things i mentioned. I also would like to mention things like the matrix and thor,ww,aquaman..etc fighting as well.
    The Matrix Trilogy has some of best Superman/Zod live action fight scenes between Neo and Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    As an actor Henry Cavil sucks in general and is the worst actor to play ever play Superman...so far. He lacks the charm, wit, and warmth to play the part. He's much better at playing villains and/or aloof emotionally distant characters like Sherlock Holmes in films like Mission: Impossible-Fallout and Elona Holmes and no amount stunts, CGI, make-up, costumes and etc will ever make him a heroic leading man to me at least. If he had been cast as Zod and the actor who played Zod were switched might made Man of Steel maybe a little better, not by much, but I would rather watch Micheal Shannon read the phone book than Cavil trying to be Superman.
    But ....he's soooooo prrrrrrrrreeettttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Yeah his best role is Geralt because he can just do various ranges of deadpan snarking. However I’ll give him this much: Snyder and Terrio gave him zero to work with in BvS.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah his best role is Geralt because he can just do various ranges of deadpan snarking. However I’ll give him this much: Snyder and Terrio gave him zero to work with in BvS.
    Correction, they gave him 43 line queues for Batman in the theatrical cut.

Yeah, Cavil has never wowed me as an actor but to be fair, I've never seen him in a role that demanded it. Any that might have just didn't go that way with direction so I just wonder if it's him or the projects he's taking. I will say he's weak at selling bad dialogue (not many can do it so I won't hold it too much against him). He couldn't make that ham-fisted inclusion of truth/justice in Justice League work. I kind of feel a later-career Chris Evans could have done it, but he's had a lot of movies as Cap to hone that earnest wholesome quality that makes cheese go down smooth.

Cavil doesn't have that. Maybe one day, but as of now, not yet.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-07-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Correction, they gave him 43 line queues for Batman in the theatrical cut.

Yeah, Cavil has never wowed me as an actor but to be fair, I've never seen him in a role that demanded it. Any that might have just didn't go that way with direction so I just wonder if it's him or the projects he's taking. I will say he's weak at selling bad dialogue (not many can do it so I won't hold it too much against him). He couldn't make that ham-fisted inclusion of truth/justice in Justice League work. I kind of feel a later-career Chris Evans could have done it, but he's had a lot of movies as Cap to hone that earnest wholesome quality that makes cheese go down smooth.
    The whole time I was watching Witcher, I couldn’t help but be irritated that he got to demonstrate more emotional states as a hardened cynical monster hunter that pretends to not have emotions than he did as Superman.

Here's one - no one who complains about Cavill having 43 lines in BvS should be taken seriously. It's nothing more than fandom pettiness.

Astonishing Member

The whole time I was watching Witcher, I couldn’t help but be irritated that he got to demonstrate more emotional states as a hardened cynical monster hunter that pretends to not have emotions than he did as Superman.
    I think that's because people expect less from Geralt. Despite his popularity, it's still far less than Superman's meaning that people will be less critical.

Here's one - no one who complains about Cavill having 43 lines in BvS should be taken seriously. It's nothing more than fandom pettiness.
    Well it’s only number 10 on my top 100 reason why I hate BvS

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It really was hard reconciling that while I was watching it too.

Much like the Martha thing, it's a legitimate critique buried in a long-overused meme. Clearly I'm being facetious, but that movie has so many goddamn problems that I kind of have to mock it so I don't lament it exists.