Page 294 of 388 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 5810

I'd like to focus more on Superman's intellect if we could. He might not be a science nerd, but he doesn't have to be scientifically illiterate either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I'd like to focus more on Superman's intellect if we could. He might not be a science nerd, but he doesn't have to be scientifically illiterate either.
    the weird thing there is that some of the stories actually play off the fact Kryptonians are generally smarter than Humans, and Superman is no exception to that. The Fortress of Solitude? Superman built it. It's technology most people can't even understand.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Isn't Johnson going to be writing Clark exclusively in Action Comics?

The possibility of Jon being the main Superman in comics is distressing, but I'm going to be satisfied as long as Johnson is writing Action Comics I think. I don't know if it's all for Jon if the head writer for the Super books is writing Clark while someone else is writing Jon.
    Is Jon taking over or is he just sharing a title like Batman is? I can't help but think people are jumping the gun if not. Can you really replace a guy that has more titles than you?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

In my view, he is a science nerd. He is a consummate inventor. He was able to build an entire fleet of super robots that are all almost as powerful as him. All of the Kryptonian tech that the league ends up using came from him. Kryptonians are a super-intelligent species likely only 2nd to the computer minds of Colu. They are all more intelligent than humans. How this manifests may be different from person to person but it's definitely something that should be shown more in the stories.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Here's one:

Supergirl should be Superman's replacement as originally intended and Jon should be her side-kick.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Is Jon taking over or is he just sharing a title like Batman is? I can't help but think people are jumping the gun if not. Can you really replace a guy that has more titles than you?
    Jon is taking over the Superman title (which means it got cancelled and relaunched as Superman Son of Kal-El). A few of us are also expecting him to replace Clark in the Justice League in the near future (since Clark's storyline going forward means he'll be out of it by October, and the September JL issue is about new recruits being told of the achievements of former members). PKJ has also constantly emphasized Superman as a father and how his love for his son informs his love for the world in his interviews, so he'll most likely remain a big part of Action Comics in some way (even if Clark's the undisputed protagonist there).

Those are as far as I can see. I'm not one of the people expecting a Jon Kent movie in the near future (we'll probably have one before 2034, but definitely not right now), and of course the live action show and upcoming animated series and movies are far more important to his overall public image than any comic, but he is taking over the Superman comic and most likely also his spot in the JL.

Astonishing Member

There's honestly no point unless the plot requires it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    IDK, the Future State stuff indicates that Clark isn't going anywhere, so I think it at most means that he and Jon will share a mantle but Clark will still be THE Superman.

At least as far as Johnson's direction goes, who the hell knows what we're in for after that.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    For Tomorrow had SO many problems but one of the things that makes me fond of it was the IN YOUR FACE unapologetic return of SuperIntelligence. That and Supes not getting walked over by Batman.

BANNED

he's the original superhero and one of the most iconic, he's an inspiring example of virtue and something we should all strive to be....but I don't find much about him interesting

especially his personality

Superman & the Authority looks like it might be giving us something in the vein of this, especially given how intelligent Morrison generally writes Superman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Jon is taking over the Superman title (which means it got cancelled and relaunched as Superman Son of Kal-El). A few of us are also expecting him to replace Clark in the Justice League in the near future (since Clark's storyline going forward means he'll be out of it by October, and the September JL issue is about new recruits being told of the achievements of former members). PKJ has also constantly emphasized Superman as a father and how his love for his son informs his love for the world in his interviews, so he'll most likely remain a big part of Action Comics in some way (even if Clark's the undisputed protagonist there).

Those are as far as I can see. I'm not one of the people expecting a Jon Kent movie in the near future (we'll probably have one before 2034, but definitely not right now), and of course the live action show and upcoming animated series and movies are far more important to his overall public image than any comic, but he is taking over the Superman comic and most likely also his spot in the JL.
    Ah ok, I thought they'd just be running at the same time. I'd be ok with that if Action is still Clark centric, also I don't doubt Jon joining the league since Bendis is writing it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    He used to tool around in the Fortress a lot just because he liked doing it.

No reason to remove traits and make him feel like less of a well rounded person. Some small scenes reminding of us of it now and again would be better than only relying on it to show up in service of whatever dumb crossover plot we're being served.

Quote Originally Posted by ben jacobs View Post
    he's the original superhero and one of the most iconic, he's an inspiring example of virtue and something we should all strive to be....but I don't find much about him interesting

especially his personality
    I think some writers stripping him of his personality and some of his tics/interests (including the science stuff) might have something to do with that.

I can somewhat begrudgingly accept an argument that Superman shouldn't be able to mad-scientist (fake verb) his way out of problems, but reject making him average intelligence so that's it's easier to write a plot. The last thing we want is for Superman to fall for stupid schemes and have to punch his way out of trouble.

I could dig a Superman Beyond title, but we'd have to ditch the Beyond concepts from the comics from last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I can somewhat begrudgingly accept an argument that Superman shouldn't be able to mad-scientist (fake verb) his way out of problems, but reject making him average intelligence so that's it's easier to write a plot. The last thing we want is for Superman to fall for stupid schemes and have to punch his way out of trouble.

I could dig a Superman Beyond title, but we'd have to ditch the Beyond concepts from the comics from last decade.

You mean Beyonf universe as in, superman starts becoming less physically powerful, but makes it up by using his mind more?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.