Agreed.

We can't judge the quality of Silver Age comics against modern sensibilities without a ton of intersecting factors. The era, the audience, the culture, it was all wildly different from what we know today, and comics aren't structured the same way, or written for the same demographics.

But there's more imagination in the smallest part of the pre-Crisis mythos than post-Crisis was able to muster up in its first ten years. I'm not knocking on post-Crisis, don't get me wrong, I still hold the triangle era up as an example of how to do comics right. It might be the tightest world building Superman has ever seen. But post-Crisis tried so hard to bury the silly aspects of the Silver Age under a mountain of contemporary grounded reality, that almost all the fun and the fantastical nature of Superman got buried with it.

I myself can't understand why anyone would prefer the rather boring and common mythos of post-Crisis, which could have belonged to virtually any hero, over the wild and creative world of pre-Crisis Bronze and Silver Age. And I've said many times that losing that "champion of the people" mentality of the Golden Age was a huge loss for the character.

Modern sensibilities I can understand wanting over the dated writing of the Silver Age. But what's one of the most celebrated Super-stories of today? All-Star, and that was pure Silver Age Superman, right down to its DNA.