Page 314 of 388 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 5810

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    But I still wonder how Kara having a sister, and that sister being part of a space navy, would impact the mythos. If we've got Kryptonian soldiers in space, then why is the species extinct? Why is Clark the Last Son of Krypton if there's a bunch of soldiers who have been out roaming space all this time, and what does that end up saying about the entire franchise? Like I said, it's a dangerous game you play here, good sir.
    Well, the Karsta Wor-Ul version of the destruction of Krypton dealt with that.

Short version: Krypton's neighbors didn't like them. Shortly before the destruction of Krypton... in an event planned to kill everyone. The majority of the assets owned by the Kryptonian military were recalled beck to Krypton because the Kryptonian god computer knew the planet was going to explode and wanted everyone to die. Yes, this wasn't everyone, but most of the outliers got killed. Karsta was in a sizable group and most of them died. She survived because she ran away and hid.... she came to Earth because eventually she ended up being the one and only member of the group left.

As an infant, Clark should display his super strength, but none of his other powers should manifest until he's of age. I'm also not sure I'd give Prime Superman the ability to fly, only his leaping ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Eben Kent? I really like the name Eben but I don't think it goes with Kent.
    Eben is Mister Kent's name in both the George Lowther novel that gives us "Sarah". Those are also their names in "Superman on Earth,"
    the first episode of Adventures of Superman starring George Reeves.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Clark is always about the greater good. That should be his motivation.

I think Clark's powers are always "on." He's never *not* using his variously enhanced senses. They're something he has to consciously shut down, like toning out background noise, not something he has to concentrate on to activate. His moment-to-moment data intake is vastly different from ours.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Retired

This guy looks like an Eben to me--

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    And do you think she could work better without it?
    If they don't, I'd think so. Something similar happened to a number of characters in the past I'm certain. So, yeah, I doubt PG not having a detailed explanation (or any other) of her existence is worth losing sleep over.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    If they don't, I'd think so. Something similar happened to a number of characters in the past I'm certain. So, yeah, I doubt PG not having a detailed explanation (or any other) of her existence is worth losing sleep over.
    Realistically, the only reason the PG problem ever came to be was the editorial fiat of "last son of Krypton". There's a lot of plot hooks you COULD use when you don't have that restriction.

I wouldn’t mind if there was a lineup of Supermen with different uniforms that was sort of a retcon and that might make people who would prefer he had different designs happy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I wouldn’t mind if there was a lineup of Supermen with different uniforms that was sort of a retcon and that might make people who would prefer he had different designs happy.

I've come to like Calvin Ellis as President Superman . But for me Kal-EL/Clark will always be the main one .
    If we have too many Supermen around , then the product gets diluted IMO.
    I would like to see Clark go back to The Rebirth suit personally. I think that it's time to put away the underwear :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I've come to like Calvin Ellis as President Superman . But for me Kal-EL/Clark will always be the main one .
    If we have too many Supermen around , then the product gets diluted IMO.
    I would like to see Clark go back to The Rebirth suit personally. I think that it's time to put away the underwear :-)
    The solid blue one or the Reborn outfit with the red belt? Personally I wish he stuck with the Authority suit.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The solid blue one or the Reborn outfit with the red belt? Personally I wish he stuck with the Authority suit.

Hey, the VindictiveVordan , great site btw.
    The Reborn with the red belt , it's modern looking. The Authority suit is excellent too, but I wonder if long sleeves would look better ?
    I'm no artist , but after 80 years of almost the same suit, with some exceptions. Maybe a slightly different look would be more popular for Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Hey, the VindictiveVordan , great site btw.
    The Reborn with the red belt , it's modern looking. The Authority suit is excellent too, but I wonder if long sleeves would look better ?
    I'm no artist , but after 80 years of almost the same suit, with some exceptions. Maybe a slightly different look would be more popular for Clark.
    Yeah either the Reborn suit or the Authority suit as something Clark sticks with for a while would be nice.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

I don't know how "unpopular" this is, but they should've just had the Post-Crisis Superman be the exact Superman who's around today from Rebirth onward. But Geoff Johns and his Donner-hijinks already diluted the brand enough by bringing too much silver age nuttiness into it before Flashpoint, that we're never going to see that dude again.

It's beyond stupid to have Martha alive and Jonathan dead, it just makes it like a rip off of Aunt May. And that was never a comics thing except for the movie, and now it's the status quo in all media.

All-Star Superman was completely ruined in single issue format by the delays, it completely destroyed the fun of the series. I get why people like it if they read it in trade, but the stories were so lightweight and silver-age, it almost depended on coming out on a monthly schedule. I was all in at the beginning but totally gave up on enjoying it when the Bizarro 2-parter took like 9 months of the schedule.

Lois and Clark season 1 was the best media interpretation of the character and his world, ever. (Now there's a true unpopular opinion)
    Last edited by daredevil1; 01-16-2022 at 03:05 AM.

Superman should be closer to the Superman family
    The J-man