Page 225 of 388 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 5810

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Agreed, I firmly believe that the costume and the WW relationship was the main reason New 52 failed. Both were either avoidable or could have been changed. That, and Jim Lee should NOT be designing costumes! He gave Cyclops a bandolier of pouches! What is a guy whose primary power is eye beams going to do with a bunch of pouches?
    Bah... the pouches weren't a problem. Theres a ton of reasons why any kind of 'military unit' like the X-men were becoming would have pouches. Batman has had pouches forever and nobody gives him grief.

The problem is he never USED the pouches. If he had pulled out some first aid bandages or a compass or a sandwich or SOMETHING that justified them it would have been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Bah... the pouches weren't a problem. Theres a ton of reasons why any kind of 'military unit' like the X-men were becoming would have pouches. Batman has had pouches forever and nobody gives him grief.

The problem is he never USED the pouches. If he had pulled out some first aid bandages or a compass or a sandwich or SOMETHING that justified them it would have been fine.
    Pouches to someone like Cyclops, who are known to be a tactician makes sense, but he should have used it. You are right on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Pouches to someone like Cyclops, who are known to be a tactician makes sense, but he should have used it. You are right on this.
    Heck, he was always referred to as 'a boy scout'... lets see him always being prepared

Astonishing Member

But he has superpowers. Pouches and gadgets are for plebeians like Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    But he has superpowers. Pouches and gadgets are for plebeians like Batman.
    Eyebeams are pretty mundane powers. There are a LOT of issues that come up that can't be solved with Eyebeams :P

Like where you put the keys to your motorcycle... or your wallet...

Eyebeams are pretty mundane powers. There are a LOT of issues that come up that can't be solved with Eyebeams :P

Or his Jean Grey picture, or Emma's or Madelyne's.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think the moment they suggested the pre-Flashpoint Superman was still alive, New 52 Superman was doomed. When COIE was finished, DC knew they couldn't have the pre-Crisis Superman still around somewhere if the new one was going to be accepted. Convergence kind of threw a wrench into the New 52.
    I think that was part of it, certainly, though I think it wound up being more that the difference in status quo for both Supermen made that a bigger issue than the other versions of other characters in Convergence - married Supes with a kid was something that both caused nostalgia and felt more “advanced” than New 52 Superman to many people.

I”d say the real fault lay in the simple fact that the Superman editorial office couldn’t run a tight ship in the New 52 outside of Morrison’s Action Comics run, and that for every more positive and optimistic or creative “Superbro” story, there were two BTS issues or just plain stinker issues that just made the thing start to seem farcical when viewed from a distance - I’m inclined to think there were plenty of good to great issues of the era that just never fell consecutively or got cut off by other incidents as anything else.

When neither Perez nor Diggle could hold down a book more than a handful of issues, it kind of killed any appreciation people may have had for their issues, and I’m sorry, but while I know some like Lobdell’s Superman writing, the fact he was rising where others failed was more of a warning sign than an appeal; no one was under the impression his skill mattered more than being a Yes Man for editorial.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Think it's referring to one of Capullo's covers or Diana playing the pep-talk giver to Bruce in Death Metal.
    I don't know if Diana giving Bruce a pep-talk counts- that's what most characters do anyway.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Aren't his eyes pocket dimensions? Maybe you can put things there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    See! Then he really doesn't need pouches!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    See! Then he really doesn't need pouches!
    But Rob Liefield said that pouches are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Apparently his eyes are portals to a dimension of pure energy, he just opens it. His eyes are like water taps, but with energy blast instead of water.

Apparently his eyes are portals to a dimension of pure energy, he just opens it. His eyes are like water taps, but with energy blast instead of water.
    Lmao so you’re saying he can access the punch dimension like Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    He was the catalyst of the decisions made back then. In 2016's interviews, you had Jurgens mentioning his pushing Jon to ending up in the main continuity as what led to bringing back his old SM too.

I feel Dan is probably still patting his own back for the accomplishment.

They were looking for the best way to move him from a dead timeline to the main continuity and the best way Jurgens came up with was to have Jon's family hiding with him for the whole time in the new world.

But, yeah, as he told, when Dan started pushing to Didio that the kid could be the future of the franchise and he should end up somehow in the main continuity, he suggested he could be put on a rocket or something. It was a random idea though. DiDio wanted the baby to be aged up, and Jurgens suggested the idea of the whole family hiding and Jon "aging up" there. The rest is history.
    Oh great...So it was Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Actually he isn't. I hate him too, but while I used to believe as you do, from what I understand now, Jon could have just as easily been introduced while keeping the New 52 Superman around. The end goal was to get him in by any means necessary, but bringing back the old Superman wasn't necessarily tied to that end objective. Different ideas were floated around, even having Jon a lone refugee to the reality I think. But in the end they chose to replace Superman entirely. Jon's the primary reason why the line is absolute trash right now, but he's not necessarily the reason they ditched the New 52 incarnation completely.
    Where did you get this dude? Fist time I hear about it.