Page 305 of 388 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 5810

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    While a shoujo wouldn't be out of the question, having the Superman dynamic in there doesn't really mesh well for it. I could see shonen, or even seinen series. Action, adventure, romance, drama, comedy.

And there is a good example of a super heroic character in anime, that has a bunch of powerful abilities and fights to protect those that can't protect themselves; Future Trunks of DBZ/DB Super. Yeah, his version of Earth went to crap, and then well beyond in Super, but Trunks did everything he could to stop every threat that popped up. And like how Superman embodies hope, so does Trunks (Trunks was the one to write "Hope" on the Time Machine).

I guess one could include Gohan, during his time as Great Saiyaman, but that's meant to be more of a parody of Power Rangers and Superman more than anything. It is one of my favorite mini arcs, but Gohan only did that gig for a short time.
    heh, still goes back to Goku since Trunks learned from Gohan who learned from Goku.

Goku has some similarities to Superman in that he's the sort of guy who is like "Invading army of aliens? They're no match for...."

Amazing Member

Superman returns is a very underrated movie

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    George Newbern is the best VA for Superman.
    Seconded. I prefer him over Tim Daley.

10char

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

George Newbern is the best VA for Superman.
    He's excellent. I love Kyle Mclaughlin as the voice of a retro Superman too.

Small fun fact, both Newbern and Hoechlin play the big bad of their respective Final Fantasy VII casts. It seems someone at Square-Enix likes getting Superman to voice the biggest ******* in that universe. lol
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This might be the most controversial, but I don’t like Lois. To be fair, I don’t like Mary Jane either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This might be the most controversial, but I don’t like Lois. To be fair, I don’t like Mary Jane either.
    Let me guess, you prefer Wonder Woman

Supermen from different eras would, naturally, have different viewpoints. Showing those and having them interact with each other could be problematic, but it's also a progression of where things have been that makes sense.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The S&L show should be it's own Earth that has no connection to the rest of the Arrowverse.
    Assassinate Putin!

I don't like it when Captain Marvels from alternate universes are posited as alternate versions/equivalents of Superman.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediBatman54 View Post
    Superman returns is a very underrated movie
    Agreed. But I think it's also kind of a good thing we didn't get a sequel given the controversy surrounding the people who made it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Smallville could probably stand to be used more to bring it closer to Metropolis in importance.

If they ever had to make Another Evil Superman!, make him more anti-establishment instead of the same old dictator.

James Denton is the best VA for Superman. He gives Clark an iconic voice full of tranquility, introspection, intention.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    If they ever had to make Another Evil Superman!, make him more anti-establishment instead of the same old dictator.
    Heh, thinking about this I was like but he already... oh right.... Superman never goes full anarchist. He only acts against the govt if they're doing something right now that's wrong. Same logic for why he doesn't just rip every Lex Corp building to bits.

I'm cool with him having kids.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-11-2021 at 01:30 PM.