Page 241 of 388 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 5810
    BANNED

One of Superman's coolest aspects is that while we know that he can use Martial Arts, he opts never to use it even when fighting against villains nearly as strong as him. It feels like Superman spoke that "I don't need to use martial arts to defeat you, I only need to use my powers," and to be honest, I think he never needs them. I mean, Superman's full power punch is already destructive enough to guarantee a knockout blow or killing blow for some, so what use of martial arts for people like him.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Not really a controversial opinion, but more of a question. If the radiation from a yellow sun fuels Superman’s powers, while the red suns radiation drains him, what would the radiation from a white dwarf star do to his powers/physiology?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Not really a controversial opinion, but more of a question. If the radiation from a yellow sun fuels Superman’s powers, while the red suns radiation drains him, what would the radiation from a white dwarf star do to his powers/physiology?
    He would shrink to the size of a roach and would have a high pitched voice.Then Jimmy will carry him around in his pocket.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He would shrink to the size of a roach and would have a high pitched voice.Then Jimmy will carry him around in his pocket.
    Lol

I guess this could be considered controversial—I miss the Rebirth costume. While I love the original, the Rebirth costume was a very nice update.

Great combo of the Reborn and Rebirth suit. Notice the buckle color change. This would be the perfect suit...... That's pretty much already been done

I like the evil Superman idea but only when it's explored with different characters. Homelander and Plutonian.. love them. Injustice Superman.. hate it

The evil Supermen generally also show how good of a person the OG guy really is. Making Superman himself evil is the worst and laziest writing

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I like the evil Superman idea but only when it's explored with different characters. Homelander and Plutonian.. love them. Injustice Superman.. hate it

The evil Supermen generally also show how good of a person the OG guy really is. Making Superman himself evil is the worst and laziest writing

It is, but exception for me is when our good superman either runs into a bad superman or our good superman has to stop a bad superman. Either way it's obvious that superman is good and doing the heroic thing.

Black zero and Titans of tomorrow Conner were 2 versions that show this example, cause both times kon was there to stop them.... Or atleast try

Extraordinary Member

I like Lana as Superwoman.

Giving Lois powers permanently would mess up the dynamic with Clark and Jon.

But I like the dynamic of Lana having powers. It’s better than just being known as Clark’s hometown ex girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

But I like the dynamic of Lana having powers. It’s better than just being known as Clark’s hometown ex girlfriend.

I liked Lana with those powers more than strange visitor with them

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

I hate civilian characters gaining super identities on principle. It implies that there's something inherently wrong with "normal" people.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

Nah!none of them are really evil versions of superman.They are just evil dudes with powers of superman.that's it.This is evil superman.

"Five thousand years ago, Kahndaq was a melting pot of cultures, wealth, power and magic. But most of us had nothing, except for the chains around our necks.Kahndaq needed a hero.Instead, they got me."
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-04-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I hate civilian characters gaining super identities on principle. It implies that there's something inherently wrong with "normal" people.
    There plenty of other normal people in Superman’s supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    DC has never really explored all the different types of suns and their effects on Superman.
    Red = Powerless
    Orange = Powers but paralyzed
    Yellow = Powers
    Blue = More powerful than yellow and he gets new powers

Would love to see him under a green or violet sun, or a white dwarf like you said. What would happen to Supes under the effects of a supernova I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    DC has never really explored all the different types of suns and their effects on Superman.
    Red = Powerless
    Orange = Powers but paralyzed
    Yellow = Powers
    Blue = More powerful than yellow and he gets new powers

Would love to see him under a green or violet sun, or a white dwarf like you said. What would happen to Supes under the effects of a supernova I wonder?
    Where did we get confirmation for Orange and Blue?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where did we get confirmation for Orange and Blue?
    That version of blue is silver age and the one I think is most interesting. I think New 52 gave a new version of blue sun radiation but I don't recall.