Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Paraphrasing a bit, but Gwenda Bond said "Superman is only boring if you think being good is easy." The idea that he's "boring" because he's a good person or whatever concept of "perfect" you're trying to impose only works if you think that it's super easy to be a good person, when in reality it's not. It's actually far harder and presents far more conflict for a character to try to be "good" and than just presenting him as a typical morally gray character so many other are. There is TONS of conflict to mine in a character who actually tries to always be good and do the right thing than the typical "by any means necessary" characters.
this reminds me of something that you often see hand waved. To be a proper "boy scout" style super-hero you need to go far beyond "choosing not to kill the villain". That's beginner good guy stuff. You need to be KIND to villains. You need to care about them as people. This is actually WHY all versions of Livewire so far have eventually become heroes. Superman is kind and gentle in the way he treats her and would never willingly allow her to come to harm... despite being a massive annoyance even when she's not being a villain. This sort of behavior annoys the ---- out of Darkseid and Kalibak. Lashina?.... I think she likes it. Even as the foster son of Darkseid in DCAU Superman was polite and mild mannered.