Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
I agree. Also Pete can be African American. SMALLVILLE in terms of casting had some good ideas. Smallville can still be a Midwestern town while being diverse. I live in the boonies here in VA in a rural area much like Smallville and it's becoming a fairly diverse community.

I also wouldn't mind if Lois was Asian,or afro American or even latina in future retellings.
Yeah Lois as Asian American is something that I've always been down for. In fact I just straight up assumed that she was when I was kid watching the animated show. I don't mind Pete being white, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was surprised to learn that he was originally white. Smallville was my first into to the character.

And if we're going with the idea of making his Midwestern town somewhat more diverse, then I still feel that it should idealized. The idea of Smallville is in it's name, I feel. It's a town that's not a great reflection of the world. Clark CAN'T stay there and this is part of the reason. The city and the world should leave him a bit flummoxed. Him leaving that town to really understand his world outside of just the news shows that his parents check out should be a big deal. I always liked how Morrison insisted that Clark's awe and awkwardness in the city weren't acts at all. I love that along with the Secret Identity idea that him becoming a writer is more because it's a personal passion of his, and not because it can help people (though I'm sure he sees that as a plus).