Page 304 of 388 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 5810

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah that JLU fight vs Captain Atom, Atom was using Red Sun energy to weaken Superman, but Superman still won.
    And if Superman is outside Earths atmosphere he has shown that he can shake off Kryptonite completely.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, Firestorm can MAKE Kryptonite, or Red Sun energy if he wants to. He doesn't need to bring Kryptonite.
    That's what I mean. There are ways that almost anybody can make themselves a challenge to Superman.

For about 20 years, I've resisted the idea of the anime-ization of Superman, but right now I am 100% in favor of it. I'll probably regret this statement once we eventually do get an anime-inspired Superman, but right now I think its pros outweigh the cons.

I don't know if I agree with the idea of comparing Superman to Fred Flintstone or Popeye, but I don't find anything wrong with those characters so I don't think that's really a criticism either.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    For about 20 years, I've resisted the idea of the anime-ization of Superman, but right now I am 100% in favor of it. I'll probably regret this statement once we eventually do get an anime-inspired Superman, but right now I think its pros outweigh the cons.
    Wouldn’t mind them borrowing from anime for his fight scenes at least, in animation or in comics. Jimenez borrows heavily from manga and people love his take on Supes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wouldn’t mind them borrowing from anime for his fight scenes at least, in animation or in comics. Jimenez borrows heavily from manga and people love his take on Supes.
    That Pa Kent/Clark/Jon punch in Snyder's JL was either pure brilliance or absolutely too much .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That Pa Kent/Clark/Jon punch in Snyder's JL was either pure brilliance or absolutely too much .
    Personally I thought it was one of the rare moments when Snyder’s “big bombastic storytelling” actually lived up to the hype lol. Reminded me of Morrison JLA with stuff such as electric blue Superman moving the moon. At least Snyder got one great Superman moment under his belt.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Personally I thought it was one of the rare moments when Snyder’s “big bombastic storytelling” actually lived up to the hype lol. Reminded me of Morrison JLA with stuff such as electric blue Superman moving the moon. At least Snyder got one great Superman moment under his belt.
    Personally I preferred Superman vs Apex Lex but maybe it was because of how goofy Pa Kent looked there .

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

If we are talking manga/anime, i would love to read/watch a seinen superman.Not that i wouldn't mind a battle shonen superman.something action and scifi oriented,regardless.

Ofcourse,they could just make romance with superman like donner did.A Shoujo or something with lois and clark.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

More or less this. For a couple pages, I drank the Kool-Aid (even if by trying to make Superman seem inconceivably fast, Snyder actually made his tippity top speed kind of mediocre as a result. Never quantify your feats, kids. It just brings the power scaling weirdos out).

Here's one for all of you: Clark's ability to shift his vision into other spectrums isn't fully explored. I'm convinced that if you infect him with an alien spore strong enough to make him violently cough (the kind that makes you see stars), he'd probably involuntarily shift his vision and possibly learn to see in infrared or something. When he gets to ultraviolet and sees how truly degenerate people are, well he'd up and leave Earth.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If we are talking manga/anime, i would love to read/watch a seinen superman.Not that i wouldn't mind a battle shonen superman.something action and scifi oriented,regardless.

Ofcourse,they could just make romance with superman like donner did.A Shoujo or something with lois and clark.
    While a shoujo wouldn't be out of the question, having the Superman dynamic in there doesn't really mesh well for it. I could see shonen, or even seinen series. Action, adventure, romance, drama, comedy.

And there is a good example of a super heroic character in anime, that has a bunch of powerful abilities and fights to protect those that can't protect themselves; Future Trunks of DBZ/DB Super. Yeah, his version of Earth went to crap, and then well beyond in Super, but Trunks did everything he could to stop every threat that popped up. And like how Superman embodies hope, so does Trunks (Trunks was the one to write "Hope" on the Time Machine).

I guess one could include Gohan, during his time as Great Saiyaman, but that's meant to be more of a parody of Power Rangers and Superman more than anything. It is one of my favorite mini arcs, but Gohan only did that gig for a short time.

All-New Member

well i think they should use cavill´s superman theme because is freaking cool.

I love seeing multiple different versions of Superman interacting.

Amazing Member

Injustice is the best Superman story

George Newbern is the best VA for Superman.