Page 369 of 388 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 5810
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Well at least DC hasn’t turned Superman into a cuck like Marvel did you Spider-Man
    What did they do now?
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    What did they do now?
    There’s this dude named Paul they paired MJ with to keep her and Peter apart. Somehow MJ and Paul have kids because of being trapped in another dimension where time passes differently. It’s a dumb story that only exists to bait people, but it made it easy for me to drop ASM and go back to not caring about 616 Spidey.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Good on them of Paul isn't just a clone

If wonder if there was any chance at all to give Jon Carroll that sort of spotlight.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Good on them of Paul isn't just a clone

If wonder if there was any chance at all to give Jon Carroll that sort of spotlight.
    If this was Marvel we'd already be reading that Jon Carroll was really Jon Samuel Kent (or a Bat-character) who'd gone back in time to prevent the nu52 by preventing Lois and Clark as a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s this dude named Paul they paired MJ with to keep her and Peter apart. Somehow MJ and Paul have kids because of being trapped in another dimension where time passes differently. It’s a dumb story that only exists to bait people, but it made it easy for me to drop ASM and go back to not caring about 616 Spidey.
    You think it might be fake?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    If this was Marvel we'd already be reading that Jon Carroll was really Jon Samuel Kent (or a Bat-character) who'd gone back in time to prevent the nu52 by preventing Lois and Clark as a couple.
    The only difference between a story like that from marvel and DC is that the latter would use the story as a magical opportunity to open up a reboot even if Carroll failed

Everything a person doesn't like in Spider-man stories is somehow bait these days and anytime MJ or Peter make any kind of mistake, they're being written poorly and the writers hate the fans.

Touché. Frankly I'm happy for Wells because for all his talent I think that is the only comic he wants to write.

And thankfully if he wanted to write Superman, for the first time in about twenty years I would say as a Superman reader, "nah I think we're good right now."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Everything a person doesn't like in Spider-man stories is somehow bait these days and anytime MJ or Peter make any kind of mistake, they're being written poorly and the writers hate the fans.
    Why do you guys think manga outsells comics every month?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Why do you guys think manga outsells comics every month?
    The metrics and industries in general are entirely different, despite being relatively similar products

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    The metrics and industries in general are entirely different, despite being relatively similar products
    as much as peopel compare them though? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    as much as peopel compare them though? I dunno.
    I mean that most exposure comes about with anthologies and anime. The average volume sells between $5-10 and releases four times a year at most. More cost effective product for margins until you also then start factoring in distributors (like the whole Viz staff for Shueisha). Being a mangaka is generally more profitable for the top 20 or so creators who... use maybe 90% of their waking hours to do about 70% of the work and still likely lose out when it comes to merchandise given how many products are unlicensed in proportion.

Long story short yes, manga is more popular with many demographics across the world, but ultimately what's it worth?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Wonder how they're going to retcon those kids out of existence the next time sales dip enough they need to get Peter and MJ back together. Last thing I heard he was comparing his feelings of MJ to that of a sister. lol

My god, the comic book industry still tries to paint stable relationships/marriage as the death of a man, don't they?
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I’m letting those of you who like Wells’ run talk anbout it on the Spider-Forums, you don’t see me there in every issue thread complaining. I’ve checked out so go ahead and enjoy it. However pretending the purpose of the Paul/MJ romance isn’t to bait people into hate reading is incredibly disingenuous. They haven’t even given Paul a last name, he does not matter at all. He’s not a character, he’s a narrative tool to keep Peter and MJ apart.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Wonder how they're going to retcon those kids out of existence the next time sales dip enough they need to get Peter and MJ back together. Last thing I heard he was comparing his feelings of MJ to that of a sister. lol

My god, the comic book industry still tries to paint stable relationships/marriage as the death of a man, don't they?
    They can just say "MJ",Paul What's-His-Name,and "their kids", are all magical creations by a malevolent deity. They can fade from existence...and Peter can find and reunite with the real MJ.