Page 388 of 388 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388
Results 5,806 to 5,810 of 5810

The Byrne art. Wow!

Even today looking pixelated next to more modern stuff it still reigns supreme.

For myself, I love the sheer power, confidence and joy Byrne gave Superman. And I really liked how awesome Clark was

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Is Aquaman a faster swimmer than Superman?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'd have to imagine they were all factors since they can't be separated. The stuff that reverted back to a "classic" status quo tended to take a good 15 years
    And in those 15 years, did them being erased from continuity make the stories better? Or would them just being left in limbo but not explicitly erased in an attention-grabbing way have accomplished the same thing? It always seemed stupidly short sighted of them to think no future writer would want to do anything with that stuff, so why make it needlessly difficult?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Lol, I hope so. For other heroes well, I don't see why Superman is so imposing. It's not like Question fans are bothered by Batman right?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    And in those 15 years, did them being erased from continuity make the stories better? Or would them just being left in limbo but not explicitly erased in an attention-grabbing way have accomplished the same thing? It always seemed stupidly short sighted of them to think no future writer would want to do anything with that stuff, so why make it needlessly difficult?
    Well yeah, in my opinion. I mean it's not like we have an alternate reality where Stern and the gang had to skate around those things, but I thought the comics were great about 85% of the time and extremely cohesive from 1987-1999. There was so much going on that I'm not sure anyone could afford to work around what wasn't there when it would have been an obligation.

Mike Carlin had a catchphrase that was check your ego out the door. He believed in teamwork for the good of the line and not some grand creative vision of what a few people thought the line should be. So I don't imagine there was any sense that Superman would never change or revert from what they created. The Crisis and other developments kind of held that door open to be passed through again and creators like Jurgens were big enough pre crisis fans that they were likely to facilitate a different direction.

Personally I think not using Return to Krypton as a soft reboot was kind of a mistake, as they spent a few years struggling to get Krypton somewhere between the silver age and the Donner films anyway
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    No, Superman moves faster than Aquaman. Also his flight powers like those of the Martian and the Amazon are not hampered by the water.