Page 159 of 388 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 5810

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    You know something? I think I really dislike it when Superman's (or any Kryptonian's) heat vision is depicted the big, single optic blast thing. You know, the Scott Summers optic blast lookin thing.

I'm a much bigger fan of the two relatively thin heat beams. And it doesn't matter the intensity for me. I want it to be two thin beams of heat regardless of if he's welding train tracks or matching the heat of a star. Two thin heat beams.

I'm also a big fan of when his eyes just glow red, no visible beams are shown, and something just starts burning.

To this day I think Superman Returns still has what I feel to be the best looking showcase of heat vision in live action Superman media. That part where he uses his heat vision to dig under the ocean floor is pretty freakin great.

One of the best moments in comics with his heat vision is when he burns Mongul in For The Man Who Has Everything. No giant DBZ laser. In fact, it was just his eyes lighting up, but you could almost feel the intensity because of how Mongul reacts to it.
    I do really love my big giant anime blasts, but there is something seriously gods damn cool about the image of Superman just walking forward with red eyes and everything around him is bursting into flames and exploding for no apparent reason.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Again, you guys have only shown me examples of it working in close quarters. Glass thing with wide range blast was meant not to be as destructive. If they are going planetary or even continental they cannot go with that. They did it in superman returns and donner movies. It had no impact,whatsoever. Its not like it either or situation. Superman being able to use both is perfectly possible. Superman returns didn't even have the gloweffect sometimes, only sound. That isn't visually appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Again, you guys have only shown me examples of it working in close quarters. Glass thing with wide range blast was meant not to be as destructive. If they are going planetary or even continental they cannot go with that. They did it in superman returns and donner movies. It had no impact,whatsoever. Its not like it either or situation. Superman being able to use both is perfectly possible. Superman returns didn't even have the gloweffect sometimes, only sound. That isn't visually appealing.
    Superman vs Blackrock.
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...ro/S218-18.jpg

punching Blackrock wasn't working so Supes decided to roast him.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Superman vs Blackrock.
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...ro/S218-18.jpg

punching Blackrock wasn't working so Supes decided to roast him.
    Dude, is that a reply or are you agreeing with me. Regardless, you are proving my point.

Dude, is that a reply or are you agreeing with me. Regardless, you are proving my point.
    Well Supes blasted Blackrock with heat vision at point blank range so hard it started melting the pavement and stuff like that.

I'm not really arguing a point just giving an example of a time Supes actually cut loose with heat vision on someone and didn't precision laser something. It's a rare case where Supes was blasting someone so hard he seemingly was unable to avoid collateral damage. It's not a giant energy beam, but more impressive than what Supes usually does.

There was also the time he melted a couple dozen Doomsday clones on Themyscria. That was pretty damn impressive.

And yeah, he can have the big epic blasts or the more subtle "eyes glow and everything starts to burn" visual. Either and both, whatever. Depends on the moment.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Marhawkman totally gets where I'm coming from. That's a great moment/example of the potency of the heat vision being on very impressive display without the need to resort to Cyclops style optic beams.

I mean, have you guys ever thought about what it would be like if someone mainlined a concentrated beam representation of the sun's heat on the surface of a planet? The size and visibility of the beam is totally irrelevant in that case. Moreover, whatever target the beam is hitting would just merely be one of the things being liquefied by that beams presence. The whole surrounding area would boil like a hot skillet set to nuke. Hell, the air would either flat out evaporate or ionize, near by water would boil, and surrounding weather would change on the spot.

Superman shooting his two skinny beams of solar heat on a planet would be more akin to a character powering up in DBZ. It would be some Old Testament type sh!t.

That's my point. It's the effects on things around it are what impress me, and in my mind that's only elevated when the beams are fairly small an unassuming. I'd much rather see an artist or visual effects team depict that than see an fairly uninspired big red blast do big red blast stuff.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-08-2020 at 01:25 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Oh, I get where you're at. It is badass. I just like the big anime blasts as well. I'm greedy, I want both!

~ Black Panther.

Marhawkman totally gets where I'm coming from. That's a great moment/example of the potency of the heat vision being on very impressive display without the need to resort to Cyclops style optic beams.

I mean, have you guys ever thought about what it would be like if someone mainlined a concentrated beam representation of the sun's heat on the surface of a planet? The size and visibility of the beam is totally irrelevant in that case. Moreover, whatever target the beam is hitting would just merely be one of the things being liquefied by that beams presence. The whole surrounding area would boil like a hot skillet set to nuke. Hell, the air would either flat out evaporate or ionize, near by water would boil, and surrounding weather would change on the spot.

Superman shooting his two skinny beams of solar heat on a planet would be more akin to a character powering up in DBZ. It would be some Old Testament type sh!t.

That's my point. It's the effects on things around it are what impress me, and in my mind that's only elevated when the beams are fairly small an unassuming. I'd much rather see an artist or visual effects team depict that than see an fairly uninspired big red blast do big red blast stuff.
    Again,he only proved my point. Close combat,it works fine. Even here, its an optic blast similar to cyclops. Cyclops has different kinds of blasts. This was a more akin to mix of focused piercing beam or splitting beam and an optic stream. This beam has zero similarity with superman returns, what you said superman's beam should be like.

@1:20 superman uses heat vision. Clouds were used to show the impact, as well as sound..two skinny nonexistent beams hitting the ground. It had zero visual appeal for me. I had better reaction when superman was trying to lift the aeroplane. If this is what you are talking about then,i don't agree. It's underwhelming, entirely. When superman let's himself go at that level i want some bang. A beam like that blasting a meteorite would have no impact, atleast for me. Especially, after seeing saitama's and genos's fights.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-08-2020 at 02:47 PM.

It had zero visual appeal for me.
    And that's fine. This isn't something I have any intention of debating or changing someone's mind on. You're picking at straws for something that's not up for debate.

In reality, the only reason I replied beyond my first post was to better express my point to my personal satisfaction. It's not a knock against your personal taste, but rather just me explaining mine.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

And that's fine. This isn't something I have any intention of debating or changing someone's mind on. You're picking at straws for something that's not up for debate.

In reality, the only reason I replied beyond my first post was to better express my point to my personal satisfaction. It's not a knock against your personal taste, but rather just me explaining mine.
    It's just, You confused me. You said you didn't want cyclops style beam and superman returns style beams. Yet, you quoted @marhawkman and said that is what you meant.But, that's basically a cyclops beam. Cyclops beam are always visible and glow effects present like in that image posted by @marhawkman . It depends on what type of attacks he want that affects his blast size and focus.heck! he can even ricochet his blast and bend it.

In Superman returns, they used a slight red colour and alpha distortions, which gives basically a highly translucent red-tinted beam .Superman's beams are like cyclops in that image,not superman returns.

It's just, You confused me. You said you didn't want cyclops style beam and superman returns style beams. Yet, you quoted @marhawkman and said that is what you meant.But, that's basically a cyclops beam. Cyclops beam are always visible and glow effects present like in that image posted by @marhawkman.
    Read my first post again. I said that I like it when they are either not visible (meaning his eyes just glow), hardly visible at all, or just two small to moderately sized beams of heat from his eyes.

Cyclops' beams usually become one, ill-defined large beam coming from the general area of his upper face. That, along with it looking like a DBZ blast are what end up not impressing me.

Nothing more, and nothing less.

I wanna stress that I don't mean to be short with you here. I just want to be as clear as possible if you didn't understand is all. And again, this isn't a knock against you or your views on the matter.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-08-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Read my first post again. I said that I like it when they are either not visible (meaning his eyes just glow), hardly visible at all, or just two small to moderately sized beams of heat from his eyes.

Cyclops' beams usually become one, ill-defined large beam coming from the general area of his upper face. That, along with it looking like a DBZ blast are what end up not impressing me.

Nothing more, and nothing less.
    I can understand you wanting invisible beams, even if i don't agree. That perfectly fine. But, thing i don't understand is the size. Superman's beam merge in that image, like cyclop's. Synder's eye beams weren't ill defined. In fact it was more defined. Take a look,

Beams only merge when he decreases focus , in snyder movies.
    focused beams which peirces. Unfocased beam with better radius pushes back . Unfocused full force blast obliterates large objects and is destructive .i assume, this is the type of beam you don't like.

But,these types need to exist in order to convey the power and effort put in. It the helps with the drama. Also, people have intuitive and innate idea that narrow focused things pierce and blunt objects pushes. With force blunt object obliterates. With these beams, audiences typically involuntarily put the same logic. So, if that is not complied with they get pulled out and there won't be dramatic effect.
    In the last case its natural that beam merges because beams act sort of like light from concave lens, while the first acts like light from convex lens.
    image of light through concave and convex lens

I can understand you wanting invisible beams, even if i don't agree. That perfectly fine. But, thing i don't understand is the size. Superman's beam merge in that image, like cyclop's.
    You're getting way too in the weeds with that image, and it's distracting your from my main points in regards to it. The take away from the image Marhawkman posted was the fact that the destructive power and heat from Clark's heat vision extended beyond the two beams without them growing too large for my liking. It was not a perfect version of what I want them to look like, no, but it was close enough, and the effect outside of the beams was just about right.

And those Snyder images are fine enough, but I still think they're kind of over done. I'd have personally liked that first scene more if Clark's heat vision where invisible, and then the big Kryptonian guy had started freaking out over whatever mysterious and invisible force was burning him. Then the guy properly catches ablaze as Clark--still giving him the death stare--stands and then two thin beams flicker into existences while Faora looks on in confusion and horror.

But as it in the film, he may as well of shot out an stream of tiny super fists from his eyes. Given how pivotal it is when the bad guy gets heat vision, it should've been a Moment the first time Clark uses it on living creatures. Instead, if the big guy had any lines I feel like he'd have gone "whoa, that guy's eyes just punched me. Faora, that guy's eye's just punched me! Strange day, man."

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well Supes blasted Blackrock with heat vision at point blank range so hard it started melting the pavement and stuff like that.

I'm not really arguing a point just giving an example of a time Supes actually cut loose with heat vision on someone and didn't precision laser something. It's a rare case where Supes was blasting someone so hard he seemingly was unable to avoid collateral damage. It's not a giant energy beam, but more impressive than what Supes usually does.
    The text of that BlackRock story made it clear that it was a matter of the temperature not force.