Page 182 of 388 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 5810

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    in TAS didn't Superman kinda/sorta adopt Titano?
    They did, there's one episode titled "Monkey Fun."

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Clark didn't adopt titano. He just gave him a new island home for staying and he left him there.beppo was the monkey doll that was used to calm him down.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I was not expecting my shitpost to spawn actual discussion. I'm kind of proud in a way.

I just like corgis and I think a small corgi (maybe white to match Krypto) with a cape and is the goodest boy would be incredibly popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I was not expecting my shitpost to spawn actual discussion. I'm kind of proud in a way.

I just like corgis and I think a small corgi (maybe white to match Krypto) with a cape and is the goodest boy would be incredibly popular.
    G-Dog's got that market covered:

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

God Astro City is so good.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

I LOVED G-Dog,no matter how many pieces that story smashed my heart into.

You know, I wonder if Kurt Busiek has any Superman or Super-family stories mulling around?

You know, I wonder if Kurt Busiek has any Superman or Super-family stories mulling around?
    He already wrote one of the best with Secret Identity. That is an all time classic Superman tale, even if it's technically an Elseworld type story. And his Superman run was one of the more underappreciated of the aughts . I'm sure he's got a few more in him though.

He’s said he has a Brainiac story in him, but I think he’s indicated he doesn’t have any plans to tell Superman stories in comic form. On Twitter he was talking about telling a Superman story with a movie starring Brainiac and Parasite which got my attention. I asked him if he could do a Black Label Superman book and sadly it doesn’t seem likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s said he has a Brainiac story in him, but I think he’s indicated he doesn’t have any plans to tell Superman stories in comic form. On Twitter he was talking about telling a Superman story with a movie starring Brainiac and Parasite which got my attention. I asked him if he could do a Black Label Superman book and sadly it doesn’t seem likely.
    Those are both my picks for a cool Superman movie so I'm so down. Loved Secret Identity, thought his run on the book was underappreciated and he's always been solid. Make it happen, Warner Bros/AT&T!

Oh, lots.

Whether we'll ever see them, I have no idea. But yeah, lots.
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Oh, lots.

Whether we'll ever see them, I have no idea. But yeah, lots.
    I would love to see them someday if DC are smart enough to hire you again. You would have been one of my top choices to replace Tomasi and Gleason on Superman given your experience writing Superman as a parental figure to Chris Kent in your first run. It would have been interesting to see how you handled Jon. Looking forward to your Marvels series!

I came to realize that the only thing who really interested me about Superman was his Smallville years.

How the man became truly super you know, not in terms of powers but spirit and values.

Nothing against the whole blue and red flying cheese but, yeah, love the whole building of a hero thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I came to realize that the only thing who really interested me about Superman was his Smallville years.

How the man became truly super you know, not in terms of powers but spirit and values.

Nothing against the whole blue and red flying cheese but, yeah, love the whole building of a hero thing.
    A lot of people are like that, it's why they can afford to write new origins every 5 years or so. Origins Sell. Heck, Wonder Woman pretty much only HAS her origin in outside media. Two animated movies, the JL cartoon, and the movie... All have her leaving Paradise island. It's like they just can't get past that.

There are a lot of characters that I love the concept and design of and their origins are awesome... but the continuing adventures for 80+ years... are just kind of 'meh' to me. Love the characters, but really don't get into the later stuff or the 'modernized' stuff.
    Last edited by phantom1592; 03-24-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Because I love reboots, origins they just drop into mid canon are such a waste to me.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES