Page 237 of 388 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287337 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 5810

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its not a new point, but they're also points completely independent of two properties' relationship status. That's our disconnect. You said you blame what happened to the New 52 Superman almost completely on it. I don't, I think in the scheme of things it was a minimal contributor if any contributor at all to the decisions they ultimately made.
    ok, then what do you think the endgame would have been had they stayed the course on that relationship? A merging of the two mythos? A situation where Lois and the rest of SM's in house romance life would be stuck in competition with Wonder Woman or a situation where Steve and the rest of WW's in house romance life would be stuck in competition with Superman?
    They could have used Flashpoint as a new beginning. instead they went in an unsustainable diection and had to double back. It was a mess and a missed opportunity.

I don't ever think they would have merged I think it eventually just would have ended had the New 52 continued as the main continuity. As far as how it would have effected the in-house romance lives, I imagine no different and no more problematic than other in-house romances effect future romances. If it came up as a reference it came up, but again no reason it would have to cause any inherent greater strife beyond that which a writer specifically wanted it to create, if any at all.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-20-2020 at 01:29 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

My controversial Superman opinion today is there are no conventional metals that Superman cannot rend.

My controversial SUPER opinion is thst DC is deliberately holding Conner Kent /kon-el back from being all he can be, because they want to push very bland characters in the family more. He has more personality, story, and power potential than any other character that wears a S period.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    My controversial SUPER opinion is thst DC is deliberately holding Conner Kent /kon-el back from being all he can be, because they want to push very bland characters in the family more. He has more personality, story, and power potential than any other character that wears a S period.
    I wouldn't go that far, but it's pretty clear they find him redundant with Jon around.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, but it's pretty clear they find him redundant with Jon around.

I would feel he was redudamt if I was just looking at how he is portrayed today. For those of us who have been fans since 1993,and has been through his original run, Ravers, YJ, teen titans, Smallville season 11,and the new 52,plus the YJ show, TT show, and Reign movie, it's obvious who he is being shown to be in the comics is a very poor vanilla copy of who he could be easily.

Jon should've gotten the Pebbles Flinstone treatment. That is to say his introduction should've come with a pregnancy announcement, birth, infancy, etc., not what we actually got which just seemed like a kooky way to bring in a largely-formed character like they did with freakin' Damian Wayne. I'm not a Jon fan, and probably will never will be, so I would've preferred that his introduction to the line start from Supes' and Lois' POV and how their lives were being changed.

And they should've picked a less lazy name than "Jon."

I'd much rather Jon have grown up from birth, too. I'm not especially a fan of skipping until the kid is sidekick age (see same with Damian appearing at the age he did and, even worse, speed-aging as with Jai and Irey). I get that "babies are boring" - I mean, they don't do anything for a long while. But still, I'd prefer to see them grow up instead of speed-aging, killing them off, or erasing their existence as DC is prone to do. I do like Jon a lot, though. Kid Jon, anyway. Though I admit, he worked much better, at the age he was, in the beginning when they were just from a separate Earth.

I do wish they wouldn't just name kid characters after others so often. Even more irritatingly, the child is typically only named after loved ones to the (more prominent) hero. Like their spouse or spouse's family matter less (only a middle name or no naming weight at all). Like Wally got both of the with Jai and Irey, no relatives of Linda got recognition and that was worse for there being two of them. Jon, of course. Mar'i and Fury for the AUs. Even Robert when he was named by Shado. I'd rather the kids had original names, rather than being named after anyone. But if they are going to be named after a relative, I wish they'd remember there are two sides to the family.

Rather than being lazy, I dislike the naming because he sucks so bad he's hurting the legacy of the name Jonathan Kent.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I do wish they wouldn't just name kid characters after others so often. Even more irritatingly, the child is typically only named after loved ones to the (more prominent) hero. Like their spouse or spouse's family matter less (only a middle name or no naming weight at all). Like Wally got both of the with Jai and Irey, no relatives of Linda got recognition and that was worse for there being two of them. Jon, of course. Mar'i and Fury for the AUs. Even Robert when he was named by Shado. I'd rather the kids had original names, rather than being named after anyone. But if they are going to be named after a relative, I wish they'd remember there are two sides to the family.
    This is kind of why I like that Bruce and Selina named their daughter Helena, seemingly with no other connection other than it's a nice name.

Jon should've gotten the Pebbles Flinstone treatment. That is to say his introduction should've come with a pregnancy announcement, birth, infancy, etc., not what we actually got which just seemed like a kooky way to bring in a largely-formed character like they did with freakin' Damian Wayne. I'm not a Jon fan, and probably will never will be, so I would've preferred that his introduction to the line start from Supes' and Lois' POV and how their lives were being changed.

It is but it’s also better than “Clark Jr.” my God was Silver Age DC awful at names.

You’d never have gotten that. Would’ve aged everyone in real time which is a big no no at DC. Although I guess they could’ve Franklin Richards it and just aged the kid while everyone somehow stayed the same age.

Astonishing Member

I would've loved for him to be named "Lane Jon Kent"

It is but it’s also better than “Clark Jr.” my God was Silver Age DC awful at names.
    My first thought when I read this was Aquababy - not sure how long before we learned his oh-so-creative name of Arthur Jr. But then I thought about Garth. As far as I can tell, he did not get an actual name until the 1980s.

Grading on a curve, Superman is one of the better handled characters in the Injustice franchise outside of Batman and Harley Quinn. As much as anyone can say there's good handling of characters in Injustice.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-02-2020 at 10:02 PM.

As far as the multiple attempts to get rid of the secret identity, i feel like in hindsight it'd work better if both "Truths" were sorta merged together. Like the new 52 version was the one that happens, where it wasn't Clark's choice and it kinda ruins his life and all his friends lives. But after doing the reborn thingy, don't restore the secret id, and have him work to make a more positive future for himself and his friends/family.
    I don't know, i still don't really approve. The duality adds so much depth to the character, I just don't think its worth it. Its like having Batman get over his ptsd from losing his parents, like yay character development but now you're stuck with a less interesting character as a result, so booooo!