Page 242 of 388 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 5810
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where did we get confirmation for Orange and Blue?
    Bendis did orange in Superman #27, he had his abilities but in a weakened state.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    One of Superman's coolest aspects is that while we know that he can use Martial Arts, he opts never to use it even when fighting against villains nearly as strong as him. It feels like Superman spoke that "I don't need to use martial arts to defeat you, I only need to use my powers," and to be honest, I think he never needs them. I mean, Superman's full power punch is already destructive enough to guarantee a knockout blow or killing blow for some, so what use of martial arts for people like him.
    I think it's more a case of writers/artists working on Superman media not knowing a lot about fighting styles. It's not something Superman actually thinks. Superman definitely knows how to fight, he would primarily fight like a boxer.

He would use his size like a fireman. Power moves to break down walls and doors. His first instinct is always to subdue and stop an altercation. Use his mass and sheer size to stop someone before a fight.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I think it's more a case of writers/artists working on Superman media not knowing a lot about fighting styles.
    Batman has decent hand to hand and fight sequences. I mean, the same artists/writers do work on batman one time or another. Him knowing how to fight is secondary. One punch man doesn't know how to fight. He moves like a headless chicken. Yet, any action sequence whether its punching a meteor or fighting an intergalactic warlord seeking domination feels unique and rather attractive. In fact, they use one punch man's needlessness of technique in fight.
    As for superman being a boxer. He is poor imitation. The guy can't duck or dodge. He doesn't have his guard up most of the time.Artists/writers on superman view action as secondary priority.They look down on it.They only want the messianic icon. That's it.He dropped the action ace title eons ago.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-05-2020 at 07:10 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Nah!none of them are really evil versions of superman.They are just evil dudes with powers of superman.that's it.This is evil superman.

"Five thousand years ago, Kahndaq was a melting pot of cultures, wealth, power and magic. But most of us had nothing, except for the chains around our necks.Kahndaq needed a hero.Instead, they got me."
    I mean the Superman archetype. Both of those guys on the surface are 'noble, brave' and extremely powerful superheroes that are considered to be the greatest in their universes and have similar power sets to Superman. But they explore different themes and stories with them

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where did we get confirmation for Orange and Blue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That version of blue is silver age and the one I think is most interesting. I think New 52 gave a new version of blue sun radiation but I don't recall.
    Orange is from the last issue of Bendis Superman, and the Blue is from Johns “Escape from Bizarroworld” arc in his Action Comics run. Definitely recommend that arc if you haven’t read it, it’s a great Superman/Pa Kent/Bizarro story with art from the guy who did The Goon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I mean the Superman archetype. Both of those guys on the surface are 'noble, brave' and extremely powerful superheroes that are considered to be the greatest in their universes and have similar power sets to Superman. But they explore different themes and stories with them
    No,that wasn't what i meant.That promo was superman taken literally and in an antihero/villain fashion.You know,"modern day gladiator for truth and justice fighting a never battle on behalf of the common man".kahndaq is basically metropolis during the depression era.The difference is metropolis got the hero it deserved.Kahndaq didn't.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Orange is from the last issue of Bendis Superman, and the Blue is from Johns “Escape from Bizarroworld” arc in his Action Comics run. Definitely recommend that arc if you haven’t read it, it’s a great Superman/Pa Kent/Bizarro story with art from the guy who did The Goon.
    I remember he and Donner brought it back in their run, but I also think that was something pre-crisis too. I could be wrong, because Google isn't coming up Robanker, so to speak.

https://www.cbr.com/superman-suns-orange-green-blue/

Apparently it's been answered, anyway, as well as purple and green.

No,that wasn't what i meant.That promo was superman taken literally and in an antihero/villain fashion.You know,"modern day gladiator for truth and justice fighting a never battle on behalf of the common man".kahndaq is basically metropolis during the depression era.The difference is metropolis got the hero it deserved.Kahndaq didn't.
    Nah I get what you're saying. I think that's an interesting concept and I'm looking forward to Black Adam partially for that reason. I was just clarifying what I meant by 'evil Superman'

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Batman has decent hand to hand and fight sequences. I mean, the same artists/writers do work on batman one time or another. Him knowing how to fight is secondary. One punch man doesn't know how to fight. He moves like a headless chicken. Yet, any action sequence whether its punching a meteor or fighting an intergalactic warlord seeking domination feels unique and rather attractive. In fact, they use one punch man's needlessness of technique in fight.
    As for superman being a boxer. He is poor imitation. The guy can't duck or dodge. He doesn't have his guard up most of the time.Artists/writers on superman view action as secondary priority.They look down on it.They only want the messianic icon. That's it.He dropped the action ace title eons ago.
    It's also rare that Batman is depicted using versed fighting styles. At least insofar as it's not the norm in the random off issue.

The big difference is that a lot of great writers have worked on Batman, regularly.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-06-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The only Batman writer I really would want and can't say worked on Superman much is Alan Grant. And of course that goes with always being bummed that Breyfogle never came around much either.

Other than that, I think I prefer the "exclusive" Superman writers to "exclusive" Batman writers, and find that they usually go deeper than the people who are also into writing Batman because that character has a lot of things that make him naturally easier to write regardless of individual talent

I wouldn't know what gives the impression that the artists aren't into depicting action... that's pretty much the whole appeal
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    The only Batman writer I really would want and can't say worked on Superman much is Alan Grant. And of course that goes with always being bummed that Breyfogle never came around much either.

Other than that, I think I prefer the "exclusive" Superman writers to "exclusive" Batman writers, and find that they usually go deeper than the people who are also into writing Batman because that character has a lot of things that make him naturally easier to write regardless of individual talent

I wouldn't know what gives the impression that the artists aren't into depicting action... that's pretty much the whole appeal
    manwhohaseverything has a very particular demand for the kind of action portrayed in the books, so take that with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    manwhohaseverything has a very particular demand for the kind of action portrayed in the books, so take that with a grain of salt.
    What would that be?

Here is superman actually taking a fighting stance,ducking and dodging.You know,Boxing 101.I don't want the guy doing shaolin kungfu or Taekwondo.It doesn't take much.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-06-2020 at 12:25 PM.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

What would that be?

Here is superman actually taking a fighting stance,ducking and dodging.You know,Boxing 101.I don't want the guy doing shaolin kungfu or Taekwondo.It doesn't take much.
    That would be pretty cool to see fights like that. One of things I liked about Mike Baron was that he was a martial arts practitioner so when he did comics like The Badger his fight scenes looked more believable than what you typically saw in comics. It would be different for Superman if nothing else.

The Tourquasm-Vo stuff was corny but maybe retooled it could help give Superman more options when he fights.
    Last edited by Crazy Diamond; 12-06-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    That would be pretty cool to see fights like that. One of things I liked about Mike Baron was that he was a martial arts practitioner so when he did comics like The Badger his fight scenes looked more believable than what you typically saw in comics. It would be different for Superman if nothing else.

The Tourquasm-Vo stuff was corny but maybe retooled it could help give Superman more options when he fights.
    Superman has senses that far exceed anything.Look at daredevil tv fight sequences.The guy is also from a boxing background and has senses like clark.Sure,superman has strength and speed.

Just give an akira kurosawa or clint eastwood stylised western or samurai movie flair and camera movements.We got gold.
    They could just make the other guys that can keep up.For example,the machines or androids.Anything but the unattractive flailing around like a bad dancer.Even one punch man would be embarrassed.Sheesh!and that guy's whole definition of martial arts is this.(well,he is kinda right.I mean,it is just a dance)
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-06-2020 at 09:53 PM.

Jackie chan is what Superman's glasses persona aka clark kent persona be like in action.
    "Action is comedy"
    They aren't seperate for clark kent with glasses.Unlike the normal superhero fights where comedy and action are seperated.For Superman that would be true as well.But for clark kent with glasses,he would always be underdog or the nervous dude.He can really do the physical humour.Clark kent ain't invincible.(He is.but,he can't let others know that)
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-07-2020 at 12:00 AM.