Page 256 of 388 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 5810

Quote Originally Posted by Kentor View Post
    The answer to that would be to write a completely new character that starts out as a different ethnicity. I also don't like calling a white man or woman and a black man or woman a different race. We are all part of the human race regardless of the color of our skin. Just sayin.
    Lol wtf, I didn't use the word race. I used ethnicity. Why are you talking about that if the person you quoted (me) didn't describe people that way.

And we can write new characters as well as transform existing ones. There is absolutely nothing essential about Superman being white. Now, I'm not actually asking for that to change, but I see no problem in doing it.

I'll just say that racebending is a tricky subject and should be done very carefully and on a case by case basis.

Superman is as fast as any Flash and is one of only three beings who can say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Superman is as fast as any Flash and is one of only three beings who can say that.
    Who are the other two?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Who are the other two?
    He might be refering to Black Racer

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    But the point is that once he learns he is an alien and realizes that his powers probably have to do with the fact that he comes from a much more scientifically advanced planet, he would probably realize that his powers are a result of that and not an act of god. He also never had any visions from God and it would be strange for God not to guide someone so powerful in that world, considering what he did with every prophet in the bible.
    The idea of Rao wouldn't service thos becauss he would already be agnostic by the point he learned about Rao.

So, basically you were not responding to what i said. You were responding to what you expected someone to say.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Astonishing Member

Never equate turning Blade and Black Lightning white with turning a white super hero into a minority. It's world's apart. The point of turning them into an ethnic minority is to give more representation to those least represented, or whose representation is least empowering or transforming. Straight white men already have significant representation in literally every cultural area. It's not just about number but also impact. You can have a lot of representation without it connecting with sbecause they aren't characters intereseting enough.

As far as Superman being black, I honestly think he should look like a native american, either from Central America or Southern America (in other words, not a white mexican whose grandparents were European). Krypton has an interesting connection with the sun, or at least it should have, and Sun gods wee the primary gods for the Aztecs and the Mayans and it would be an interesting symbolic connection if Krypton reminded us of those cultures an people but in a far away planet, rather than just Europe in Space.
    If it was changing his appearance, I'd make him look Middle Eastern, or at least give him Brown hair.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    If it was changing his appearance, I'd make him look Middle Eastern, or at least give him Brown hair.
    Why middle eastern?

I don't believe in race bending. If you want a non-white Superman, make a new character. John Henry Irons is a wonderful example of an amazing "Black Superman."

If you want a non-black Blade, Black Panther, Luke Cage etc. make a new character. Don't race swap.

AND... while we're on this little chestnut... DON'T DE-UNIQUE the main hero. Don't make an alternate Batman, Batman 2, 2nd, 3rd or 4th Blue Beetle etc. Sidekicks dont matter much, but by the time you get to the 19th Robin and characters like Gotham Girl and Duke Thomas? So much for Batman being a loner aye?

Point being, if you want another Superman, Batman etc. Make Your Own. Miles Morales needs a new monicker because that Parker guy is the one they call Spider-man.

BANNED

I honestly want to see another reboot of Superman, not that I don't like the current iteration, Jon is totally awesome.

It's like we had Silver Age reboot, John Byrne reboot, Grant Morrison reboot(?),
    we should totally get another one.
    Make Clark Kent an internet influencer or something instead of working at an actual newspaper,
    like Earth-One, Clark can be a super-brilliant self-taught genius, but he chose to pursue justice instead of personal gains.
    Jimmy Olsen can be a photographer as well as streamer or something.

Just update everything to modern times, they can totally make Superman Super-relevant again. No?

Quote Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
    I don't believe in race bending. If you want a non-white Superman, make a new character. John Henry Irons is a wonderful example of an amazing "Black Superman."

If you want a non-black Blade, Black Panther, Luke Cage etc. make a new character. Don't race swap.

AND... while we're on this little chestnut... DON'T DE-UNIQUE the main hero. Don't make an alternate Batman, Batman 2, 2nd, 3rd or 4th Blue Beetle etc. Sidekicks dont matter much, but by the time you get to the 19th Robin and characters like Gotham Girl and Duke Thomas? So much for Batman being a loner aye?

Point being, if you want another Superman, Batman etc. Make Your Own. Miles Morales needs a new monicker because that Parker guy is the one they call Spider-man.
    Why? It doesn't make sense that there can be a Soviet Superman, an Apokoliptian Superman, or a murder Superman but not....GASP.... a Black/Chinese/Moroccan/Whatever Superman. What permits the one and not the other for you?

Why? It doesn't make sense that there can be a Soviet Superman, an Apokoliptian Superman, or a murder Superman but not....GASP.... a Black/Chinese/Moroccan/Whatever Superman. What permits the one and not the other for you?
    I don't mind alternates... out of contiunity. But... DC (and Marvel) has their stable of characters and... when Clark or Bruce... or Peter Parker... is no longer declared THE main character in their books or are replaced with some flash-in-the-pan, it just doesnt ring true. A Soviet Superman, an Apokoliptian Superman etc. they're all fine by me... as long as they don't take place of the main myth.

Astonishing Member

Those are different nationalities and origins. His appearance doesn't change in any of those.

Astonishing Member

Why middle eastern?
    I was thinking of making him look Israeli.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Those are different nationalities and origins. His appearance doesn't change in any of those.
    That's a good point as well.