Page 261 of 388 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 5810

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    He picked up a whole island of Kryptonite one time. Was that in Superman Returns? I can't remember honestly.
    It was. I have mixed feelings about it. I like the idea that Superman gritted out a difficult situation. I figure it was akin to Gladiator when Maximus won a duel while bleeding out. On the other hand, it kind of implies that Kryptonite doesn't really rob Superman of strength, ergo every time he's been stopped by Kryptonite prior some mentally tougher guy (like Batman!) would've succeeded.

And like Gaius said, we're all trying to forget that movie.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 03-25-2021 at 01:07 PM.

He picked up a whole island of Kryptonite one time. Was that in Superman Returns? I can't remember honestly.
    No one tries to remember Superman Returns these days.

BANNED

Flash's weakness only works by script, because with its speed it is impossible for anyone to touch it, superman and ww are nothing more than snails for him. For every ww image defeated by a bullet, there are 100 of superman defeated by kryptonite, 100 by magic, 100 by the red sun.

Superman raised an island of kryptonite but before he received a beating from a human Lex.
    How about this, show me an image of ww falling to his knees to see a bullet, of flash falling to his knees due to a small wind breeze, of green lanter falling to his knees to see the color yellow or to see a scary movie if you show me images From what I ask, I will agree that the weaknesses of the rest of the JL are just as effective as those of Superman, it seems that what I ask is exaggerated, but the simple presence of magic has weakened Superman and a kryptonite ring him He's gotten on his knees, so what I'm asking is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Flash's weakness only works by script, because with its speed it is impossible for anyone to touch it, superman and ww are nothing more than snails for him. For every ww image defeated by a bullet, there are 100 of superman defeated by kryptonite, 100 by magic, 100 by the red sun.

Superman raised an island of kryptonite but before he received a beating from a human Lex.
    How about this, show me an image of ww falling to his knees to see a bullet, of flash falling to his knees due to a small wind breeze, of green lanter falling to his knees to see the color yellow or to see a scary movie if you show me images From what I ask, I will agree that the weaknesses of the rest of the JL are just as effective as those of Superman, it seems that what I ask is exaggerated, but the simple presence of magic has weakened Superman and a kryptonite ring him He's gotten on his knees, so what I'm asking is fair.
    Um, do you fall to your knees at the sight of a bullet? Radioactive rock doesn't equal regular bullet. And yes, kryptonite has been depicted as radioactive and harmful to humans in the past, so over exposure could kill a normal person just like it could Superman.

Also here's Superman eating kryptonite.

has weakened Superman and a kryptonite ring him He's gotten on his knees, so what I'm asking is fair.
    Then later Superman fights Kara Zor-El and reveals that he'd kept that ring in a hidden cavity in his belt and put it on to make it easier to beat Supergirl. Yeah... he just slips it on his finger... doesn't even wear a lead lined glove. His hand even does the glowing green veins thing... then he punches Supergirl with it.

Retired

Not really. That isotope was radioactively decayed to normal iron. Why is it coloured green? Sadly, anyone who could answer that question is no longer with us. Maybe some copper oxide was mixed with the sample.

Um, do you fall to your knees at the sight of a bullet? Radioactive rock doesn't equal regular bullet. And yes, kryptonite has been depicted as radioactive and harmful to humans in the past, so over exposure could kill a normal person just like it could Superman.

BANNED

I agree, a bullet is not equal to kryptonite, which is why I have said that superman's weaknesses are much more dangerous than those of JL. but it seems to many that ww has that weakness and makes it equal to superman in terms of the number of weaknesses and its effectiveness. as I said before, in the JL the only one with weaknesses is superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Then later Superman fights Kara Zor-El and reveals that he'd kept that ring in a hidden cavity in his belt and put it on to make it easier to beat Supergirl. Yeah... he just slips it on his finger... doesn't even wear a lead lined glove. His hand even does the glowing green veins thing... then he punches Supergirl with it.
    but it weakens, surely if ww catches a bullet it won't weaken, if green lanter catches a yellow object it won't weaken, if flash catches something cold it won't weaken. Superman's weaknesses are still much more dangerous than JL's. tell me,ww with kryptonite vs superman with a bullet, who wins.
    green lanter with kryptonite vs superman with a yellow object, who wins.
    Flash with kryptonite vs superman with an ice cube, who wins.

I just figured Superman hurt his hand, but Supergirl hurt her face, so she got KO'd. That's probably what Loeb and Turner were trying to portray.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The best part about the character.
    Superman eats alot of wierd things
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Superman has to be the strongest by several reasons.
    1: was created with the idea of ​​being the strongest.
    2: it has a thousand weaknesses while the rest of the heroes have none (nothing comparable to kryptonite)
    3: his combat skills are nil and his intelligence is not much greater than that of a stone, he only has his strength.
    4: has no accessories, fight hand-to-hand.
    5: he is not the best at anything, he is not the most intelligent, he is not the fastest, he is not the most skillful, if you take away his strength it is nothing.
    It's fun to see how you always try to weaken superman, but never with other characters, because the flash speed is not reduced to that of aquaman, because the will of green lanter is not the norm among heroes, because the ability batman is not equal to superman, because ww is not reduced to the level of deathstroke.
    He was not created to be the strongest. That was never part of the creators mind set when they made him. And if you want to go there, since you mentioned WW. She was created to be his equal. So we either play fair, or don't play at all. Second. And WW has indeed been reduced to fighting deathstroke and other street levelers. Wonder Woman is not WW anymore. She is a glorified superman super human xena now. She needs the sword and shield now because her powers alone are not good enough. That is why she has been tagged by mere bullets multiple times in Rebirth. So much for being a respected powerhouse. Long gone are the days when WW was portrayed as very powerful. The day Superman gets treated like that, let me know.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 03-26-2021 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I just figured Superman hurt his hand, but Supergirl hurt her face, so she got KO'd. That's probably what Loeb and Turner were trying to portray.
    Perhaps. IIRC Kal said some line about how he was more used to the feel of Kryptonite.

But still, he was wearing something made of Kryptonite and didn't immediately become helpless.

Perhaps. IIRC Kal said some line about how he was more used to the feel of Kryptonite.

But still, he was wearing something made of Kryptonite and didn't immediately become helpless.
    In the "Public Enemies" arc, Loeb also had Superman be able to survive Batman's explosives and electrified fence despite having a Kryptonite bullet lodged in him. Loeb's interpretation of Kryptonite is that it doesn't make him completely powerless, and doesn't rapidly lead to death like the Pocket Dimension Kryptonian villains experienced.

Overall, I'd say that Superman's weakness to K has slightly gotten nerfed. There are still stories where a tiny piece of K makes Superman worthless, but that gets balanced by stories where it's a minor inconvenience. Compare that to the days when there was literally nothing that could stop Superman except Kryptonite and exposure made him wilt like a flower in the desert.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    He was not created to be the strongest. That was never part of the creators mind set when they made him. And if you want to go there, since you mentioned WW. She was created to be his equal. So we either play fair, or don't play at all. Second. And WW has indeed been reduced to fighting deathstroke and other street levelers. Wonder Woman is not WW anymore. She is a glorified superman super human xena now. She needs the sword and shield now because her powers alone are not good enough. That is why she has been tagged by mere bullets multiple times in Rebirth. So much for being a respected powerhouse. Long gone are the days when WW was portrayed as very powerful. The day Superman gets treated like that, let me know.
    1: when superman was created he was the strongest, then they created ww and made it his equal, which means that the first to be damaged in terms of the treatment he received on his strength was superman, because he lost his title of the strongest . 2: the idea of ​​superman takes precedence over that of ww, because he is the first, unless you think that supergirl, powergirl and faora have to be the same as ww. 3: superman has also been made to fight deathsroke, batman without using kryptonite I draw blood from superman. 4: the day that the simple presence of magic weakens ww, that ww is seen as useless that only depends on its powers, that batman beat it 2 or 3 times a year, let me know.