Page 272 of 388 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 5810

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Superman isnt petty, so he wouldn't "make others look bad", thsts not part of his character.

And superman is "atleast" a Lil more powerful than his teammates, and that's OK, he can't do it all, and doesn't get shown that way.every character has things that superman can't do, he isn't a one man team.
    No, Superman isn’t petty. I agree.

Superman fans telling fans of other characters that him slapping around their favorites is a good thing or is “Superman feeling like Superman” is the nonsense part.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Controversial Superman opinion of the day for me is that being married does not make Superman boring.
    Facts aren't controversial.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It certainly doesn't make him boring. I've just always argued it makes the relationship boring. Does it have to be? Surely no. I can't imagine it has to be written as boring as I believe it largely has been for the past two decades. Is real life marriage automatically boring or some bad thing? No, but what entertains me in a comic book doesn't necessarily reflect what I think of things in real life.

Neither do I think its unpopular. Me no longer preferring it doesn't automatically make something unpopular. After it occurred it lasted for for over 20 years, took a break due to a continuity shift, then came back when the continuity shifted back. I still don't like it any more than I did before, but something outright unsustainable doesn't last that long. Its sustainable, its just not absolutely 100% necessary. As its often glossed over that Superman lasted as a single individual for half a century in its own right. So that's just as doable.
    As always, a reasonable assessment of the situation from someone displeased with the current status quo. Normally don't brown my nose too hard, but it's refreshing to see such a measured approach in days where we're all throwing fits.

Weighing in on the Superman punking others thing, I don't want that. I just want the fights to showcase why both heroes are cool and for the wins to feel like they make sense. Clark spends his entire career fighting Lex, who is acknowledged to be DC's smartest man, more resourceful than Bruce and uses kryptonite/red sun radiation every time and yet when Bruce whips it out, Clark forgets everything and just jobs. I don't want to see Clark fly over to the Batcave and slap Bruce around while drawing a dick on his forehead under the cowl in super speed for the added insult to injury later when he unmasks (I want Wally to do that :P ). I just want to see Superman get the respect I feel any of DC's premier characters deserve.

Watching Clark's zombie punch a hole in Diana's stomach in DCeased was goddamn awful. Having him headbutt her in Justice League for a one-hit KO sucked. Propping these characters up at the expense of another is going to happen, but it should be satisfying and those aren't. I bring it up a lot, but Batman: Hush of all books nailed the Batman/Superman fight. Bruce is aware he stands no physical chance and that on some level Clark is in there still and that's why he's not dead. He uses the green K to help shake Clark loose and he has Selina use Lois as a pressure point to try and bring Superman around. At no point in that fight did Batman feel like an idiot or Superman like some chump that a green night light shuts down. We see the gears turning in Bruce's head, which makes him come across more intelligent than any Batgod "I prepped for this" nonsense ever and he does it with a stupid ring which he could believably be carrying at any given moment.

Hush is a mess in a lot of ways but it's really solid in others and the Batman/Superman fight is something it handled very well.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Facts aren't controversial.

As always, a reasonable assessment of the situation from someone displeased with the current status quo. Normally don't brown my nose too hard, but it's refreshing to see such a measured approach in days where we're all throwing fits.

Weighing in on the Superman punking others thing, I don't want that. I just want the fights to showcase why both heroes are cool and for the wins to feel like they make sense. Clark spends his entire career fighting Lex, who is acknowledged to be DC's smartest man, more resourceful than Bruce and uses kryptonite/red sun radiation every time and yet when Bruce whips it out, Clark forgets everything and just jobs. I don't want to see Clark fly over to the Batcave and slap Bruce around while drawing a dick on his forehead under the cowl in super speed for the added insult to injury later when he unmasks (I want Wally to do that :P ). I just want to see Superman get the respect I feel any of DC's premier characters deserve.

Watching Clark's zombie punch a hole in Diana's stomach in DCeased was goddamn awful. Having him headbutt her in Justice League for a one-hit KO sucked. Propping these characters up at the expense of another is going to happen, but it should be satisfying and those aren't. I bring it up a lot, but Batman: Hush of all books nailed the Batman/Superman fight. Bruce is aware he stands no physical chance and that on some level Clark is in there still and that's why he's not dead. He uses the green K to help shake Clark loose and he has Selina use Lois as a pressure point to try and bring Superman around. At no point in that fight did Batman feel like an idiot or Superman like some chump that a green night light shuts down. We see the gears turning in Bruce's head, which makes him come across more intelligent than any Batgod "I prepped for this" nonsense ever and he does it with a stupid ring which he could believably be carrying at any given moment.

Hush is a mess in a lot of ways but it's really solid in others and the Batman/Superman fight is something it handled very well.
    Snyder had created a prior power hierarchy.Superman and kryptonians scares of the new gods.Diana and amazonians.arthur and atlantians weren't the reason darkseid decided not to come back.He was defeated as baby and had to overcome that.Then the earth became kryptonian "Colony" with their ship landing here and the inhabitants dieing.zod>>superman>>>>>steppenwolf.Superman in these movies are on par with zeus and ares combined or darkseid.Nothing comes close to the black zero devastation that with zod and superman.Diana max peak is ares,that was when she channelled the blood of the old gods.Now when she reaches full potential she might become as powerful as the old gods.But,clark is consistently at that level.always.Now,she has magical weapons that could hurt or kill kal.But,that wasn't her aim.Neither did aquaman use the trident in that manner.She used the lasso.Regardless of what,in straight up brawl with fist like boxing or something between wonderwoman and superman.Superman would deck her.Even at her strongest back in goldenage where she was created as a response to "Guys with powers being assholes(except for billy.He's good kid.Superman ain't)".why?Clark is unruly and wouldn't stand down no matter what.He's stubborn as a mule.Diana does.Diana would give it up feeling the pointlessness.Clark existentially needs the neverending fight.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    No, Superman isn’t petty. I agree.

Superman fans telling fans of other characters that him slapping around their favorites is a good thing or is “Superman feeling like Superman” is the nonsense part.

I don't want superman slapping around any character, I think thst is beneath him, I'm just saying he was, is, and always will be the best, and that's nothing to be ashamed of.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Related to Superman trouncing others to prove he is the best: The JL fight was fine except for Diana. Aquaman, Cyborg and Batman have no business standing a chance against a Superman who isn't messing around, and Barry was inexperienced. Even so, he was at least still portrayed as faster (if unprepared), and still had his big moment at the end.

Bu the movie sort of equates Wonder Woman as being around Aquaman in stats, which is serious BS. Maybe it was done to equate them because they are the representatives of their respective races, but it doesn't sit right. I would have her go two rounds with Superman: she loses the first (but only after giving him some good hits before going down, actually show him putting in effort against her vs. how he acts with everyone else), and then bounces back and wins the second with the lasso. The lasso helping Clark back to himself would have also been better than just waving the Lois Wand. By nerfing Diana and the lasso, the movie sells all three characters short.

There is also the fact that Superman stomping the League is being done to set up his brainwashing, establishing him as a problem. So any fans who really enjoy seeing him wipe the floor with the League shouldn't cheer too hard, because it's not setting him up for anything good either. Maybe this could have been avoided if Superman's multi film arc didn't have to be hijacked by the rest of the DCU, so it's a tug of war between needlessly putting him on a pedestal above everyone else and and then screwing him over for the benefit of others (mostly Batman). If he had had his own film series, they probably wouldn't have to lean so much on "SUPERMAN IS THE MVP" to make up for the lack of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Yes, about time Superman felt like Superman again. It's been long enough.

Still, Cyborg was the emotional heart of the movie in Snyder's version and could do things Superman can't do at all. The Flash, in Snyder's version, did things Superman can't do.

Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Batman could have been focused on things Superman cannot do.

Then again, Superman cannot be everywhere. To quote Lex Luthor from another story, "I don't believe it. He [Batman] actually dragged this out long enough for Superman to get here and save him".

Mind you, I get the frustration but it's just that it's been ages since Superman has been portrayed as Superman in terms of powers and sheer confidence and intelligence or so it feels. It was great to finally see him portrayed that way again. Before long, once the initial thrill wore off, I'd probably be going, "Um, it's okay if the Flash is faster as long as it's not way faster and it's okay if WW is close in speed, strength and durability, maybe even a little faster and way more skilled. Aquaman? Except for under the sea, there's just no narrative where Aquaman is on Superman's level but he has his niche under the sea. And Cyborg can do all sorts of things Superman cannot do at all.

In the Snyder cut, it seems mostly WW that got short-changed and that could have been corrected by just making her comparable in speed.
    I am glad you liked it.

For me though, it kind-of turned me off of the character. For now anyway, I still watch his animated movies though.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Snyder had created a prior power hierarchy.Superman and kryptonians scares of the new gods.Diana and amazonians.arthur and atlantians weren't the reason darkseid decided not to come back.He was defeated as baby and had to overcome that.Then the earth became kryptonian "Colony" with their ship landing here and the inhabitants dieing.zod>>superman>>>>>steppenwolf.Superman in these movies are on par with zeus and ares combined or darkseid.Nothing comes close to the black zero devastation that with zod and superman.Diana max peak is ares,that was when she channelled the blood of the old gods.Now when she reaches full potential she might become as powerful as the old gods.But,clark is consistently at that level.always.Now,she has magical weapons that could hurt or kill kal.But,that wasn't her aim.Neither did aquaman use the trident in that manner.She used the lasso.Regardless of what,in straight up brawl with fist like boxing or something between wonderwoman and superman.Superman would deck her.Even at her strongest back in goldenage where she was created as a response to "Guys with powers being assholes(except for billy.He's good kid.Superman ain't)".why?Clark is unruly and wouldn't stand down no matter what.He's stubborn as a mule.Diana does.Diana would give it up feeling the pointlessness.Clark existentially needs the neverending fight.
    The old Gods can give the new Gods hell based on feats in the comics. You have new Gods like furies and barda for example. Who are no where near the level of characters like Ares or Zeus. And who said that WW would get stomped by Superman in a bvrawl fight? Maybe some sexist writer that knows nothing about her and how powerful she is supposed to be.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 04-29-2021 at 11:40 PM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Yes I'd agree too. That's more like a 50/50 opinion than truly unpopular.

I'd also say that, regardless of what people think about the JL movie, either version, it's exactly where Superman should be compared to the other heroes in terms of power.

According to whom? He is not writen as a JL buster character in 99% of his appearances where he struggles with less than a team made of Flash, Cyborg, AQ and WW. And he has consistently been given a fight one on one by some of the JL members. So according to whom is SM supposed to be better than the whole JL? Where is the rulke thatr says that. And why there aren't consistent feats proving such rule to be true? I can play that game too. WW is powered up by many Gods. SM is not a God. So WW should be far above him.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Controversial Superman opinion of the day for me is that being married does not make Superman boring.
    Modern writers seem to struggle writing married characters.

Astonishing Member

I don't really think it takes away from Superman for Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel (The real one) to be as powerful(what exactly do we mean when we say powerful) as he is. Diana had all those years of Amazonian training, Clark has all of his sub-powers, ice breath, hyper attuned senses, lazer vision, etc. Imo Superman made a name for himself without trying to compare to other heroes, idk why he'd really be trying to prove something now. Having to prove you can measure up to the other heroes is some Batman BS and best to keep it with Batman.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

BANNED

in JL Flash he is the second most powerful, in the end he may be the most powerful, but people keep crying for Superman. I wonder if everyone who cries now,also cried when Batman gave Superman the most humiliating beating in cinema. For WW fans, when Batman breaks a toilet with WW's head, we talk.
    tired that every time Superman looks more powerful than another hero, all of DC starts crying.
    But that all the times that he is humiliated, all the times that stupid weaknesses are created, while the weaknesses of other heroes disappear, all the times that he is treated as a useless without ability, all the times that he is treated as an idiot comparable to a.
    No one says anything, everyone is quiet.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    in JL Flash he is the second most powerful, in the end he may be the most powerful, but people keep crying for Superman. I wonder if everyone who cries now,also cried when Batman gave Superman the most humiliating beating in cinema. For WW fans, when Batman breaks a toilet with WW's head, we talk.
    tired that every time Superman looks more powerful than another hero, all of DC starts crying.
    But that all the times that he is humiliated, all the times that stupid weaknesses are created, while the weaknesses of other heroes disappear, all the times that he is treated as a useless without ability, all the times that he is treated as an idiot comparable to a.
    No one says anything, everyone is quiet.
    It's all different fanbases. Everyone who cries about Superman is primarily a Superman fan. Ditto for Wonder Woman.

Everyone is pretty consistent in which "woe is us" card they're playing. Though it doesn't seem to help that the only time DC consistently tries to prop up Superman, it's at the expense of Wonder Woman, but will happily allow him to be thrown under the bus whenever we need Bat-God to be worshipped or they need to prop up whichever flavor of the month they are pushing now. If anything, the fanbases shouldn't be allowing themselves to be pitted against each other like this and blame the creators in charge, not the characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's all different fanbases. Everyone who cries about Superman is primarily a Superman fan. Ditto for Wonder Woman.

Everyone is pretty consistent in which "woe is us" card they're playing. Though it doesn't seem to help that the only time DC consistently tries to prop up Superman, it's at the expense of Wonder Woman, but will happily allow him to be thrown under the bus whenever we need Bat-God to be worshipped or they need to prop up whichever flavor of the month they are pushing now. If anything, the fanbases shouldn't be allowing themselves to be pitted against each other like this and blame the creators in charge, not the characters.
    all the fans cry including those of superman, it is obvious, but for some reason the fans of other heroes come to the superman forum, to criticize superman and say that their hero is the best. there is a fashion to criticize superman for everything, while the other characters are forgiven, I am tired of that fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    Where is this from?