Page 284 of 388 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 5810
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    He was running at lightspeed by Action Comics 5.

That was just a figure of speech my literal friend..He was racing a bullet just afterwards,in later issues.He was very much at the level of "faster than a locomotive" at that point in time..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-01-2021 at 11:06 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That was just a figure of speech my literal friend..He was raising a bullet just afterwards,in later issues.He was very much at the level of "faster than a locomotive" at that point in time..
    No, it isn't.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

No, it isn't.
    It is.You want me to post an image action comics#8?
    Sure thing brother.
    what's canon?Define it for me.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-02-2021 at 12:12 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

No, it definitely matters. You should look up what archetype means. Namor was the first flying brick BTW, not Captain Marvel who was also only jumping from the start. And I don't care about flying brick archetype, I care about the core attributes of Superman, strength, speed and durability.
    leave it, for them it is good that flash is the fastest, that ww is the skill, batman the most intelligent, because that does not minimize the rest of the characters, but with superman, it has to be always in the best of cases the 2, because as it becomes the 1 in anything, it is an insult and a minimazion of other characters, it does not matter that it was created first, with super speed as a base power, which means that it is Flash who gets into a terrain that does not belong to him, the bad guy is superman, he's the one who steals from flash.

Dude, you do realize that Superman is normally regarded as the strongest and most durable in the Justice League. It is often believed that Superman can deafeat any of the others most of the time. Stop with those dumb insecurities.

And the powers of these characters shouldn't be defined in comparison with the others. 99% of Superman stories don't need Superman to be much faster than a jet, whereas a lot of Flash stories need the character to be faster than light.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    And the powers of these characters shouldn't be defined in comparison with the others. 99% of Superman stories don't need Superman to be much faster than a jet, whereas a lot of Flash stories need the character to be faster than light.
    99% of the flash stories don't need you to hit hard enough to hurt someone like superman, but it does.

BANNED

Dude, you do realize that Superman is normally regarded as the strongest and most durable in the Justice League. It is often believed that Superman can deafeat any of the others most of the time. Stop with those dumb insecurities.
    With superman many things are said but they are never shown, the most resistant, in the last number of the JL was the first to fall, in reality it is usually the first to fall, the strongest, ww is just as strong as superman, in recent number raised a rock that superman could not, that means that in strength ww> superman. The only thing that superman is the best is in weaknesses, kryptonite, red sun, magic, telepathy, in weaknesses is the n1.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    99% of the flash stories don't need you to hit hard enough to hurt someone like superman, but it does.
    What? I don't understand your argument.

BANNED

What? I don't understand your argument.
    Flash doesn't need Superman's strength, but he hits with that strength. So just because Superman doesn't need flash speed doesn't mean he shouldn't have it.

Flash hits with the strength of Superman? Since when?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

That's not what the movie showed. Barry asks for a race to determine who is faster and that's left open.
    Which cut is canon is up in the air at this point, if it even matters. But the Snyder cut is regarded as the better of the two and the "true" version by most fans, even those that otherwise don't like it. So most are going to lean towards that version at this point.

Of course it does. Superman shouldn't bow down to Flash because "it's his deal" no more than bowing down to Hawkman because flying is his deal. Flash is the fastest one in his corner of the universe, Superman isn't designed to be inferior to Flash.
    Superman wasn't designed to live in the same universe as all these other heroes in the first place, but here we are. Everyone makes some sacrifices to get this shared universe to work, and conceding that Flash is faster really isn't much of one at all

Sorry but that's bullcrap. He is the archetype for speed and strength because he was the first superhero to do so. By Action Comics 5 he was running at lightspeed, how's it not his deal?
    He's the archetype of the flying brick, which yes includes speed. But the speedster archetype focuses on speed exclusively, so it's fair to give it the edge in that area. People think of Superman as fast, but they think of strength and flight first, and thinking of Superman as extremely fast doesn't mean people don't think the Flash is faster.

Also, people thinking of flight first also doesn't change the fact that he used to just leap and got flight only after Captain Marvel.

This thread has taken a wild turn. I for one think Flash should absolutely lap Superman when it comes to speed, and that doesn’t bother me at all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Retired

The first story I read about the Flash was in SUPERMAN 199. So you'll forgive me if that has always coloured my perspective on the Sultan of Speed and the Red and Blue Blur. I'd hate to think that comic book was playing me false and the outcome was a foregone conclusion.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    leave it, for them it is good that flash is the fastest, that ww is the skill, batman the most intelligent, because that does not minimize the rest of the characters, but with superman, it has to be always in the best of cases the 2, because as it becomes the 1 in anything, it is an insult and a minimazion of other characters, it does not matter that it was created first, with super speed as a base power, which means that it is Flash who gets into a terrain that does not belong to him, the bad guy is superman, he's the one who steals from flash.
    WW and Supes (along with Billy and MM) should be on par with strength-wise, with Superman being more durable and Diana having the endurance (her Amazonian training gives her that edge). It' crazy to take away one of Diana's defining traits because of the JL. She's strong, has been since 1941, she should be treated that way. Yes. Let the Flash be the fastest man alive, it's in the name. Trying to even out the JL never works and it's stupid. In fact, I say Superman,Wonder Woman, the Flash, Martin the Manhunter should be taken out of the main League, should only be used when they're needed. They should be the reserves (actually the vanguard). Bruce should lead the lead the Justice League full of humans like him and Green Arrow.