Page 293 of 388 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 5810

My controversial Superman opinion of the day is that Dan DiDio and Geoff Johns took a Kryptonian sized diarrhetic bowel movement on Supes and the DCU from which it may never recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    My controversial Superman opinion of the day is that Dan DiDio and Geoff Johns took a Kryptonian sized diarrhetic bowel movement on Supes and the DCU from which it may never recover.
    Care to elaborate? Especially the bolded part.
    Pull List:
    - Action Comics
    - Moon Knight

I'm more than vocal in my opinion that Johns does not write a good Superman. But in his defense he at least never tried to replace him with a cheap knockoff. So he's automatically in better standing with me than those leading this Infinite Frontier charge. Also I've always given him some credit for bringing back the Legion to Superman's lore properly. Sadly this didn't last for the same reason as the rest of Superman's woes right now. He gets the lore surrounding him but just doesn't make the character himself compelling at all. In that vein his issue is similar to that of the entire production of S:TAS.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This must be Flashpoint/New 52 related. Prior to that there were literally only three people with a shot
    They don't really need a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm more than vocal in my opinion that Johns does not write a good Superman. But in his defense he at least never tried to replace him with a cheap knockoff. So he's automatically in better standing with me than those leading this Infinite Frontier charge. Also I've always given him some credit for bringing back the Legion to Superman's lore properly. Sadly this didn't last for the same reason as the rest of Superman's woes right now. He gets the lore surrounding him but just doesn't make the character himself compelling at all. In that vein his issue is similar to that of the entire production of S:TAS.
    It's weird. Johns (seems to) love all the pre-Crisis stuff I love, and seems to get at least some of why it's important to the mythos. But when it comes to Clark himself, Johns appears to view Clark through a very post-Crisis "Clark is who I am" Average Man lens that just does not jive with the toys he wants to play with.

Morrison says Clark is real life, cranked up to 11. But Johns doesnt turn up the volume.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think the problems that Superman faces in the comics started before Johns and Didio entered the picture, though certainly neither of them helped.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

My controversial opinion,i tend to like knock-offs, "elseworld" and characters inspired by superman,than superman himself..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

What is supposed to be happening with this? It feels like DC is mired in Totality speak and omnimultiverse or whatever and nothing seems connected or to be going anywhere

I don't know if it's controversial, but have anyone notice that John Williams' Superman theme is no longer Superman's theme?

DC, or WB, is using it to promote their universe, like in DC Fandome. Maybe they thinks is too iconic to "waste" on a single character?

What is supposed to be happening with this? It feels like DC is mired in Totality speak and omnimultiverse or whatever and nothing seems connected or to be going anywhere
    You mean the Infinite Frontier initiative as a whole for Superman? Jon. That's basically what it boils down to. Its all about and all for him. Superman is just getting leftovers. Getting Morrison for Superman and the Authority will probably end up an unexpected boon, but his story is finite, and what they do after that is anyone's guess but it will still be predicated on getting him out of the way for their pet. As for the lore, they don't even know. Continuity now is just referencing whatever they want to reference whether it makes any sense or not. What's going on with this whole Omniverse thing I'm imagining will be explored in the actual IF series. But I don't expect even that to make much sense.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-10-2021 at 10:02 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

You mean the Infinite Frontier initiative as a whole for Superman? Jon. That's basically what it boils down to. Its all about and all for him. Superman is just getting leftovers. Getting Morrison for Superman and the Authority will probably end up an unexpected boon, but his story is finite, and what they do after that is anyone's guess but it will still be predicated on getting him out of the way for their pet. As for the lore, they don't even know. Continuity now is just referencing whatever they want to reference whether it makes any sense or not. What's going on with this whole Omniverse thing I'm imagining will be explored in the actual IF series. But I don't expect even that to make much sense.
    Isn't Johnson going to be writing Clark exclusively in Action Comics?

The possibility of Jon being the main Superman in comics is distressing, but I'm going to be satisfied as long as Johnson is writing Action Comics I think. I don't know if it's all for Jon if the head writer for the Super books is writing Clark while someone else is writing Jon.

Yeah, but I'm not getting hyped for that until I see a clear and cohesive direction that doesn't revolve around something Jon-related. Example, not based around the continuing idea that something is going to happen to Clark to end his career. If it does, cool. After the past few years though I'm gonna need to see it to believe it.

BANNED

At first I was angry that Jon stole a comic from Superman, but thinking about it I realized that it may even be for the best, that Jon keeps the Superman comic is just to make it official, Jon has long appropriated it All Superman comics, 90% of the stories revolve around Jon, let Jon stay with his comic, if that means I will have a story without Jon being the center, without Clark saying how incredible Jon is, just Clark as the protagonist, it will be something that has not been seen for a few years.

That sound you hear is my grasp of reality exploding into atoms. How can they write off Supes????????????? That isn't even a possibility to me. And why is it okay to Superman's son as an adult but not as a kid?

They're not writing him off, at least not yet. I'm still wary they do want to write in a retirement angle in the future, at least for a while. But that worry aside, as of now he's not going away. He just has to not step on Jon's toes which is everything wrong with DC's focus right now in the Superman arena.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-11-2021 at 01:37 PM.