Page 320 of 388 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 5810

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Another controversial take --- I'm glad Snyder gotten a chance to finish his DCEU Superman story in however way he could and I wouldn't mind him taking a crack at other DC characters in the future albeit without any studio interference involve.
    He'd be perfect for a Live Action Gods and Monsters film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Another controversial take --- I'm glad Snyder gotten a chance to finish his DCEU Superman story in however way he could and I wouldn't mind him taking a crack at other DC characters in the future albeit without any studio interference involve.
    Are you aware of what he wanted to do?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Funny thing is... the Lego games are a great example of having non-Superman characters be useful in gameplay. It kinda needs to be built from the stand point of "what does this character do better than Superman"... which can vary quite a lot in what it is. Then make that relevant in gameplay.

But yeah, super-fast gameplay is hard because... actually controlling it is beyond Human reflexes.
    Meant to respond to this earlier, but this is a great point about those Lego games (I only played Lego Batman games). If you like replaying levels and being a completionist, they're really good in that regard. You really want to go out of your way to unlock characters who unlock areas of a stage. I felt like in LB2, Superman was the best all-around character: not the best in every situation, but he had skills and mobility to access areas, cross hazards, and unlock obstacles that I would want to be Superman most of the time. LB2 is not GotY caliber, but it's solid and it does live up to IGN's claim of being the best Superman game up to that point in time.

Superman does not need to be more like Batman
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Is this really controversial?

Astonishing Member

But it's Superman initial success that led to Batman's creation in the first place. Sure Superman shouldn't be actively trying to be like Batman but characteristics that both he and Batman happened to have shouldn't be locked out of his wheelhouse because people want to play up some kind of meaningless contrast between the two. And honestly vice versa the modern version of Clark and Bruce honestly read like emotionally stunted children rather than adults.

Honestly if the Superman writers were smart (which they aren't) the main difference I'd play up between Bruce Wayne and Kal-El would be that Bruce is annoying crab in the bucket saying how no one but him is going to make it in the end. Clark by comparison is the guy saying everyone is going to make it even if he has to put everyone on his back and take them over the finish line.

On another note Clark's books is quite good right now, notice which elements and characters are not present.
    Last edited by The World; 01-27-2022 at 06:05 AM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Right? The Trinity as they were are THE Archetypes. But the past iteration of TPTB seem intent on making them generic af and bleaching the whole line into one homogeneous blur.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Meant to respond to this earlier, but this is a great point about those Lego games (I only played Lego Batman games). If you like replaying levels and being a completionist, they're really good in that regard. You really want to go out of your way to unlock characters who unlock areas of a stage. I felt like in LB2, Superman was the best all-around character: not the best in every situation, but he had skills and mobility to access areas, cross hazards, and unlock obstacles that I would want to be Superman most of the time. LB2 is not GotY caliber, but it's solid and it does live up to IGN's claim of being the best Superman game up to that point in time.
    Well one thing I think of is an old GBA game about the Looney Tunes.
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/gbc/25...ollector-alert
    https://looneytunes.fandom.com/wiki/...llector:_Alert!

Yeah over 20 years old. So old finding proper lists of info is more than a little hard. But it played kinda like a pre-cursor to the later Lego games. Each character interacted with the world differently than the others. Not 100% unique, but no two characters played the same. Unfortunately it had a PvP mode that needed unlocked by beating the game which was required for 100% completion... so I never actually used like... half the characters when I played, since you had to get them from the PvP mode and I never actually played that. But... as a Gameboy game it was pretty simple.

The idea though of having a variety of ways characters can interact with the world in a semi-open world is neat.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm probably not the first person to express this concern, but, I firmly believe that DC is setting up Jon to be Clark's permanent replacement.
    I believe THEY believe it, definitely.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

It baffles me that anyone thinks a member of the Trinity will be permanently replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It baffles me that anyone thinks a member of the Trinity will be permanently replaced.
    Only one? 'cause.... they kinda have potential replacements for the others too.

Retired

When Superman had the power to travel through time at will (before that power was taken away from him), he could actually revisit times in his own past. That's not something Batman could do--well actually he could and he has, but let's not get into that--Bruce was mainly limited by his own flawed memory of the past. So when Bruce grieved his parents, he was relying on his childhood memories. Clark could and did revisit both his biological parents and his adoptive parents.

The caveat to this is that, when he time travelled within his own lifetime, he would become a phantom (with some notable exceptions). This is an evocative idea that some writer could have made a meal out of. Imagine it, he can go back and see Martha and Jonathan, he can revisit Smallville as it was in the past--but he can't interact with anyone, he's powerless to do anything--he can only observe his past.

This is both heart-wrenching and wish fulfillment. As painful as it would be, I'd give anything to travel back in time and revisit the old house, my old bedroom with the comics under the bed, my parents alive and young. It would be emotionally draining, not being able to interact with anyone, but I would still do it in an eyeblink. I imagine that the classic Superman does these trips through time on a regular basis--and since he can go and come back within seconds, it's not like he's missing anything in the present.

Of course, what makes this so poignant is that his parents are all dead in the present.

Furthermore, knowing that he has this power, Clark must be aware that there are potentially these time travel ghosts all around him--observing him in his present--both phantoms of himself from different time periods and phantoms of other people he knows. Hopefully these time ghost have enough respect for privacy that they're not being too intrusive.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm probably not the first person to express this concern, but, I firmly believe that DC is setting up Jon to be Clark's permanent replacement.
    It seems like they are, but the only thing that's going to matter is if it sells enough copies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    It seems like they are, but the only thing that's going to matter is if it sells enough copies.

I like Jon , but I'm not accepting him as Clark's permanent replacement. There's no need to replace Clark permanently. Already Jon's book doesn't even show Lois at all .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I like Jon , but I'm not accepting him as Clark's permanent replacement. There's no need to replace Clark permanently. Already Jon's book doesn't even show Lois at all .
    Are you sure that's the point you want to make, when Action Comics has spend 4 issues now without showing Lois at all (compared to Son of Kal-El's 1 at most), and will most likely spend several more not showing her?