Page 366 of 388 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 5810

Superman needs cooler more badass fights.

Spectacular Member

I want Superman to jump, all up, up, and away. I think it emphasizes his flight moreso than if he just levitates or something.

I want to see some John Wick type of fight scenes from Superman movie.

Just have a dozen of Metallos for him to fight instead of just one, equipped with kryptonite weapons, maybe a metallo with a kryptonite katana, other with kryptonite axe, knives, etc.

Superman could also fight a giant spider, I know is kind of a joke with John Peters wanting it on Superman Lives, but Superman should definitely fight a kaiju in his next movie. Godzilla is a WB property.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

Just have a dozen of Metallos for him to fight instead of just one, equipped with kryptonite weapons, maybe a metallo with a kryptonite katana, other with kryptonite axe, knives, etc.

Superman could also fight a giant spider, I know is kind of a joke with John Peters wanting it on Superman Lives, but Superman should definitely fight a kaiju in his next movie. Godzilla is a WB property.
    Hell yeah! Needs better choreographed fights..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Oh, Faora did a good job in MoS showing of what a Kryptonian can REALLY do when they seriously try. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHNhTWz-o1Q

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Oh, Faora did a good job in MoS showing of what a Kryptonian can REALLY do when they seriously try. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHNhTWz-o1Q
    Fight was too long,too exhausting.Impact of punches weren't allowed to register(especially with speed blitz punches to humans) and the movements were far too uniform.There was no contrast between kal,faora nor the big dude.They all felt like bruisers.Sure,they might all be at similar strength level but faora doing a clothesline on kal looks far less appealing than the big dude..

Man of steel makes me realise how hard it's going to be to create and dbz live action work..heck!they couldn't even capture the magic of cowboy bebop fights in live action.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-09-2023 at 01:21 AM.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Hell yeah! Needs better choreographed fights..
    It’s be kinda cool if he had his own fighting style that suits his personality. Kinda like how Obi Wan uses the Soresu style of Jedi fighting. I mean, he’s usually stronger than most people anyway, but a unique fighting could be a cool thing too. On the other hand, straight up boxing is awesome too.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    It’s be kinda cool if he had his own fighting style that suits his personality. Kinda like how Obi Wan uses the Soresu style of Jedi fighting. I mean, he’s usually stronger than most people anyway, but a unique fighting could be a cool thing too. On the other hand, straight up boxing is awesome too.
    He needs a fighting style that's more suited to 360 degree combat.He has hightened 360 degree senses and leaps/flight..Boxing is far too narrow in scope.It's not just fights he needs better stunts being done..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-09-2023 at 08:05 AM.

Fight was too long,too exhausting.Impact of punches weren't allowed to register(especially with speed blitz punches to humans) and the movements were far too uniform.There was no contrast between kal,faora nor the big dude.They all felt like bruisers.Sure,they might all be at similar strength level but faora doing a clothesline on kal looks far less appealing than the big dude..

Man of steel makes me realise how hard it's going to be to create and dbz live action work..heck!they couldn't even capture the magic of cowboy bebop fights in live action.
    Agree. For lack of a better word the MOS fight scene was not "intimate". Not up close and personal as the Batman warehouse fight scene was in BvsS. It was ponderous and drew a negative reaction from audiences. The other thing about the warehouse fight is that Batman has a unique style of fighting in what is perhaps the best action sequence of BvsS. Unlike the MOS fight which was unexceptional as superhero fight scenes go.

Ironically the S&L fight scenes are better than those of MOS. In part because they are more up close and personal. Of course, one reason for that is S&L does not have the budget to do MOS type fight scenes which has turned out to be a saving grace.

The fight scene in BvsS was better. You can see the facial expressions (mostly Supes grimacing who got totally overpowered by Bats from the start) and that makes the fight more engaging. The trouble with the BvsS fight is that it was totally one sided from the start instead of being a given and take between Bats and Super before Batman ultimately gains the upper hand.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 02-09-2023 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Agree. For lack of a better word the MOS fight scene was not "intimate". Not up close and personal as the Batman warehouse fight scene was in BvsS. It was ponderous and drew a negative reaction from audiences. The other thing about the warehouse fight is that Batman has a unique style of fighting in what is perhaps the best action sequence of BvsS. Unlike the MOS fight which was unexceptional as superhero fight scenes go.

Ironically the S&L fight scenes are better than those of MOS. In part because they are more up close and personal. Of course, one reason for that is S&L does not have the budget to do MOS type fight scenes which has turned out to be a saving grace.

The fight scene in BvsS was better. You can see the facial expressions (mostly Supes grimacing who got totally overpowered by Bats from the start) and that makes the fight more engaging. The trouble with the BvsS fight is that it was totally one sided from the start instead of being a given and take between Bats and Super before Batman ultimately gains the upper hand.
    Yeah, I didn't say it was a good fight, just that it had the sort of elements I'd like to see for the way the combat works. Stepping up the choreography would certainly help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Yeah!i don't think so.. superman and lois barely has any action let alone fight choreography.It did however have cool things like superman getting thrown into the sun,flying around the globe, cube earth..etc.it's not budget thing either.it's not a priority.It's not aiming to be that kinda show.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Yeah!i don't think so.. superman and lois barely has any action let alone fight choreography.It did however have cool things like superman getting thrown into the sun,flying around the globe, cube earth..etc.it's not budget thing either.it's not a priority.It's not aiming to be that kinda show.
    The mirror image Bizarro fight had some cool choreography.

Man, I wish they didn’t kill him off so soon.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

A cool way of using Superman's speed in a fight, could be freezing everything and having Superman in normal speed, kind like they did with Quicksilver in the Fox movies.

A cool way of using Superman's speed in a fight, could be freezing everything and having Superman in normal speed, kind like they did with Quicksilver in the Fox movies.
    I think only impact points need to frozen that too for the audiences..You know how they show facial expression when someone gets punched real hard.The matrix uses body thrashing movements to show getting punched multiple times at superspeed.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-09-2023 at 08:44 PM.

John Wick? Nah! I am thinking Eternals did it to perfection
    Last edited by Stanlos; 02-10-2023 at 02:37 PM.