Page 78 of 388 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 5810
    BANNED

I want Silverage Supes back.

And i want keenan to die because hes just like that be more mindlessly obnoxious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post

And i want keenan to die because hes just like that be more mindlessly obnoxious.

Whoa whoa,I agree we need silver age superman,but in a sweet lil package with golden,bronze,post crisis,pre flashpoint,and new 52 inside all together as 1 ultimate superman,BUT kenan doesn't need to die,his is a story of becoming a better YOU,and this last issue he is starting to take steps toward that

This is probably controversial on the this site at least but I think the DCEU Superman is an unmitigated disaster. I'm sure Cavill is capable of doing a good job but so far, he has played one of the blandest and most boring iterations of the character

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    I'm curious, do you have a writer in mind that you think could pull him off?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    This is probably controversial on the this site at least but I think the DCEU Superman is an unmitigated disaster. I'm sure Cavill is capable of doing a good job but so far, he has played one of the blandest and most boring iterations of the character

I don't think that's very controversial,ATLEAST in this way-- he is the perfect blank slate superman,but the words and story he was forced to act with was not up to par.i think Henry would be a great superman if he had something better to work with

Lol, not controversial at all. That certainly seems like the prevailing opinion. His version felt like Superman playing at being Batman. Don't really blame the actor but the direction of the movies.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Another one:
    Everything that wasn't written by the creators is fanfiction . There is good and bad fanfiction out there.

Amazing Member

I'm a bit surprised this seems to be a controversial opinion here, but I love the idea of Superman being a father. I think it makes perfect sense for a character who is defined so strongly by his relationships with the father figures in his life to have to deal with the roles being reversed, and getting an opportunity to pass on those lessons. Plus, even though I don't think Jon's character is 100% defined yet, I like him so far.

Also to me, the more the human side of Supes is emphasized the better. It just doesn't make sense to me to put so much emphasis on his Kryptonian side when he was raised on Earth around humans since infancy and believed himself to be human until a certain point in his life. I'm a big fan of the idea that when he is Clark Kent he is being himself, and he uses Superman as a tool to help people. That's not to say I think the Superman side should be completely fake, they are both obviously a part of him. I just hate the idea of a Clark who has to constantly be doing a performance of someone he's not in his day to day life.
    Last edited by Browncoat Alex; 02-11-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

The Skinsuits from the DCEU (specifically 2013's Man of Steel), should be introduced as compulsory/mandatory wear for both female and male citizens on Krypton. most often underneath robes, so here is my doubly so controversial opinion.

TUI1yP6.jpg

Supergirl-Man-of-Steel-Prequel.jpg

Mos_JorEl-1-.jpg
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Well, it is kinda controversial to me. I love both MOS and BVS, and think Cavill's performance was pretty good. It is not the unscathed, perfect take that some people call "the boy scout". And that was the whole point. And I loved it. We saw a god raised as a man, who has doubts like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    I'm curious, do you have a writer in mind that you think could pull him off?
    I'd actually like to see Dan Slott give it a shot. Silver Age Superman was more about fun and outwitting criminals, etc that straight up power fights...I think Dan S is really good at light hearted adventure stories.

But no doubt on an Marvel exclusive contract?

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I'd actually like to see Dan Slott give it a shot. Silver Age Superman was more about fun and outwitting criminals, etc that straight up power fights...I think Dan S is really good at light hearted adventure stories.

But no doubt on an Marvel exclusive contract?
    Please keep Slott far, far away from Superman. He's already pissed all over Spider-Man for years.

I'd love to see the Bronze Age Superman as the basis for a new Superman who's also experienced the post-COIE character development and maybe a few of the New 52 Superman's early years folded in as well. That means we're looking at a Superman who was born on a warm, futuristic Krypton to loving parents, had a career as Superboy (wouldn't mind Johns' idea that he was only Superboy publicly when in the future with the Legion), has Krypto, Supergirl, the Kryptonian Kandor in his Fortress, and yet is also married to Lois, faced Doomsday and returned, and has inspired a Super-Family that includes Steel and Kon, and now a new Superboy, Jon.

I wouldn't be opposed to this new Superman also having a Bronze Age type career, i.e., he's not only a print reporter, but also does online video reporting and perhaps the occasional TV appearance. Same with Lois.

Ultimately, I want this Superman to have the classic uniform back, trunks an all. Add a few bits of detail to give it more texture (not unlike what Lee Bermejo did in Wednesday Comics and Batman Noel) but bring it back in all its iconic, classic glory.

Amazing Member

I don't remember much about American Alien but I remember thinking it was pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat Alex View Post
    I'm a bit surprised this seems to be a controversial opinion here, but I love the idea of Superman being a father. I think it makes perfect sense for a character who is defined so strongly by his relationships with the father figures in his life to have to deal with the roles being reversed, and getting an opportunity to pass on those lessons. Plus, even though I don't think Jon's character is 100% defined yet, I like him so far.

Also to me, the more the human side of Supes is emphasized the better. It just doesn't make sense to me to put so much emphasis on his Kryptonian side when he was raised on Earth around humans since infancy and believed himself to be human until a certain point in his life. I'm a big fan of the idea that when he is Clark Kent he is being himself, and he uses Superman as a tool to help people. That's not to say I think the Superman side should be completely fake, they are both obviously a part of him. I just hate the idea of a Clark who has to constantly be doing a performance of someone he's not in his day to day life.
    Yup. Like coming full circle except this time, with all the benefit of Jor-El, Pa Kent and his own experience.

You will be different. Sometimes you will feel like an outcast. But you will never be alone. You will make my strength your own. You will see my life through your eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 02-15-2017 at 10:50 AM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    Please keep Slott far, far away from Superman. He's already pissed all over Spider-Man for years.

I'd love to see the Bronze Age Superman as the basis for a new Superman who's also experienced the post-COIE character development and maybe a few of the New 52 Superman's early years folded in as well. That means we're looking at a Superman who was born on a warm, futuristic Krypton to loving parents, had a career as Superboy (wouldn't mind Johns' idea that he was only Superboy publicly when in the future with the Legion), has Krypto, Supergirl, the Kryptonian Kandor in his Fortress, and yet is also married to Lois, faced Doomsday and returned, and has inspired a Super-Family that includes Steel and Kon, and now a new Superboy, Jon.

I wouldn't be opposed to this new Superman also having a Bronze Age type career, i.e., he's not only a print reporter, but also does online video reporting and perhaps the occasional TV appearance. Same with Lois.

Ultimately, I want this Superman to have the classic uniform back, trunks an all. Add a few bits of detail to give it more texture (not unlike what Lee Bermejo did in Wednesday Comics and Batman Noel) but bring it back in all its iconic, classic glory.
    Agreed with all of this except for Clark being in front of a camera. I like my Clark Kent to be so far below the radar even his own readers dont know who he is.

You want to shake up Clark's job? Make him an editor for the Planet (which itself desperately needs an update to the post-digital world).

Also, I dont need the classic suit back. Bring it back and update the texture work? Sure. But the Reborn suit is fine; the trunks are not critical to the character in anyone's mind except the traditionalist fans who can't let go of anything. No offense to those fans meant, we all got our stuff. But people in general dont care.

Honestly, you put a metallic sheen on the Reborn suit's "S" to match the belt and boots and its damn near perfect.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.