Page 82 of 388 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 5810
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I'm really not big on Superman, this would be my first time reading Superman/Action like dedicately (and I came because I loved Tomasi and Gleeson in Batman and Robin). I mainly like Kon because of Young Justice because I thought he was super cool.

Well if it's just kon then read the reign of the supermen,superboy series,superboy and the Ravers,young Justice,and that's just the actual series he was in pre Geoff's Titans series.you should start reading ALL of that it might take awhile lol.
    Last edited by stephens2177; 04-16-2017 at 01:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Thanks! Im here all week!

Great idea btw.Having Superman sneak attacked or his friends and family attacked all at the same time would scare his SUPER ass.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Im not entirely sure if Clark *needs* an "evil military guy" in his rogues gallery. Those characters can be fun, but they're a dime a dozen. Now, if you want to have a Senator or someone in office have a problem with Clark, that's slightly different and we don't see that as often. And really, a duly elected official gunning for Clark is more interesting than a military leader who basically goes rogue, goes off-orders, and tries to hunt Superman down.

Sam Lane....I dont see him as the "good military figure" I see him as a neutral military figure. I cannot imagine Sam Lane liking the idea of superheroes on any level, and having a special level of distrust and dislike for Superman in particular simply because of what he represents. But I dont think Sam should be torturing a captured Superman or otherwise trying to control/kill him either. He should be the guy who is pushing for weapons development so the military doesnt fall behind in the superhuman arms race, but he's not such an idiot that he wants to kill the guy who has saved the world multiple times.

I'd actually like, instead of a "evil military figure" a terrorist organization designed around taking down superhumans, and Clark in particular. Sort of like Isis with Lex Luthor's views on metahumans. We all know Superman is going to win any fight he gets into....but how does he fight a battle against guerrilla warfare and suicide bombers?
    Man, that Terrorist idea... Brilliant.

I'd reimagine Pipeline,Kenny Braverman's organization. If that story is still canon , just have the organization just had gone underground and become more radicalized after Kenny's death and have been lying in wait all these years and they one day without warning start attacks, like maybe a suicide a bomber at the Superman memorial in Centennial Park.

If the 90s story is out, just bring back Kenny and the whole organization and reconfigure them in that context. The idea of Kryptonite armed suicide bombers and fanatical adherence to a hateful ideology perhaps borne from Lex Luthor's humanist perspective is a juicy story idea. I could see Luthor, particularly in the semiheroic mode he's in now be regretful of the fact his views on Superman and his beliefs have been twisted by lunatics causing true innocents to die. Perhaps have a suicide bomber target LexCorp and have the realization for perhaps the first time the consequences of his past actions and deeds. May make for some interesting ideas.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Kenny is still probably canon.

He got a mention in the 2nd arc of Jurgen's Action.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Kenny is still probably canon.

He got a mention in the 2nd arc of Jurgen's Action.
    I do recall that, and no doubt Kenny is still out there, question is if the Death of Clark Kent story itself happened. Honestly if indeed Ma and Pa have been dead since before Clark put on the cape , a huge. Chunk of that story is out.

Now, they could still have him around as Conduit, but it's possible DEATH OF CLARK KENT and his death are no longer canon.

I thought they missed an opportunity to reimagine Kenny during TRUTH. Instead of Hordr Root being Vandal Savage's kid, he could have been a reimagined Kenny.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 04-16-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I do recall that, and no doubt Kenny is still out there, question is if the Death of Clark Kent story itself happened. Honestly if indeed Ma and Pa have been dead since before Clark put on the cape , a huge. Chunk of that story is out.

Now, they could still have him around as Conduit, but it's possible DOS and his death are no longer canon.

I thought they missed an opportunity to reimagine Kenny during TRUTH. Instead of Hordr Root being Vandal Savage's kid, he could have been a reimagined Kenny.
    I'd be shocked if DOS is no longer canon.

But we'll find out for sure with the next Action issue. Jurgens confirmed that DOS and Reign will be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Man, that Terrorist idea... Brilliant.

I'd reimagine Pipeline,Kenny Braverman's organization. If that story is still canon , just have the organization just had gone underground and become more radicalized after Kenny's death and have been lying in wait all these years and they one day without warning start attacks, like maybe a suicide a bomber at the Superman memorial in Centennial Park.

If the 90s story is out, just bring back Kenny and the whole organization and reconfigure them in that context. The idea of Kryptonite armed suicide bombers and fanatical adherence to a hateful ideology perhaps borne from Lex Luthor's humanist perspective is a juicy story idea. I could see Luthor, particularly in the semiheroic mode he's in now be regretful of the fact his views on Superman and his beliefs have been twisted by lunatics causing true innocents to die. Perhaps have a suicide bomber target LexCorp and have the realization for perhaps the first time the consequences of his past actions and deeds. May make for some interesting ideas.
    Using Kenny isn't a bad idea at all.

I didn't put too much thought into the idea but I did think that whoever is in charge of this terror group should be a home-grown radical and not a non-American; maybe someone who lost a loved one during a Super-battle. This of course stems from my belief that the culture of fear and mistrust and xenophobia politicians have been cultivating since 9/11 has done more damage to our nation than bin Laden could have ever dreamed of. And Kenny would fit the bill pretty damn well.

I also thought that making Metallo a terrorist leader could give him some much needed agency, he's always the pawn of greater minds, rarely gets to act on his own without being manipulated by someone, and when he does show up its only so the issue can have the requisite combat scene.

Of course if you want someone no one will ever see coming....Happersen; Lex Luthor's old assistant who destroyed Metropolis (and was subsequently killed) in Action....700, I think?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    I'd be shocked if DOS is no longer canon.

But we'll find out for sure with the next Action issue. Jurgens confirmed that DOS and Reign will be addressed.
    Oops...I meant DEATH OF CLARK KENT, Not Death of Supes. Faux pas on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Well if it's just Jon then read the reign of the supermen,superboy series,superboy and the Ravers,young Justice,and that's just the actual series he was in pre Geoff's Titans series.you should start reading ALL of that it might take awhile lol.
    Oh, I read all of YJ and Geoff's Titans as well! Will probably get Kesel's Kon book when it comes out.

Darkseid has always been on Earth.

Well, not exactly "always". And not exactly "Darkseid".

Darkseid truly doesn't enter the DCU. His true form can only be contained by the Realms (not planets) of Apokolips or New Genesis. Darkseid is capable of generating multiple simultaneous avatars of varying power across the DCU for decades or centuries at a time.

And on Earth, his current avatar should be none other than
    Franklin Stern of Metropolis.

This Franklin Stern should be on par with Lex Luthor and Morgan Edge in terms of Billionaire Boys Club members. Widely known but rarely seen, with an air of mystery.

And since its been well established that Darkseid knows Superman's Secret Identity, that knowledge should be used to great effect here: Darkseid finds Kal's attempts to pass as human so galactically stupid that it becomes hilarious to Franklin, who would see the value in making sure no one ever exposes Clark's alter ego, because the longer Kal works a human job with human connections, he is confined to Earth while the rest of the universe suffers at the hands of Darkseid's other avatars.

Oh, and its never explicitly revealed to the audience that Franklin has been Darkseid all along until just prior to DC's next Hard Reboot.

I know, crazy concept, won't ever be tried, but there's a lot of storyline potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by EvolvedGemini View Post
    Lex Luthor should be black like we all thought he was in the animated series growing up
    idk about making him black in all mediums, but I think Denzel Washington would have made an awesome Lex.
    v2o06bs1_n5gkef.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EvolvedGemini View Post
    Lex Luthor should be black like we all thought he was in the animated series growing up
    A thousand times "NO!!!!!"
    Look at the first page of Action #9 on Earth-23 and flip the races of Superman and Luthor. That is what would happen. I really don't need to see the main hero-villain conflict in Superman being used as a racial analog. And even if I trusted the writers to steer clear of this interpretation (and I don't)- I have no doubt that it would seep into the public view just like the trunks=undies idea.

Retired

I remember how surprised I was when I found out that Clancy Brown was not black. The same as when I found out that Tom Jones is not black (when all you heard was his voice on the radio, it was easy to think he was black). And apparently Darth Vader is white--that one does not compute, because he's clearly James Earl Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I remember how surprised I was when I found out that Clancy Brown was not black. The same as when I found out that Tom Jones is not black (when all you heard was his voice on the radio, it was easy to think he was black). And apparently Darth Vader is white--that one does not compute, because he's clearly James Earl Jones.
    Lex didn't even look African American there though (especially not when he was side by side with people like John Henry Irons). Lex in the animated series looked like he was of Mediterranean ancestry; Greek or Sicilian perhaps. With his dark suit, grey vest and white tie with tie-clip I always figured they were trying to make him look more like a stereotypical Mafioso in line with his role in the series as a corrupt figure whom everyone knew was corrupt, but there was never any solid proof of it (basically he dressed like a lot of the mobsters in the Batman animated series).
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-28-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris24601 View Post
    Lex didn't even look African American there though (especially not when he was side by side with people like John Henry Irons). Lex in the animated series looked like he was of Mediterranean ancestry; Greek or Sicilian perhaps. With his dark suit, grey vest and white tie with tie-clip I always figured they were trying to make him look more like a stereotypical Mafioso in line with his role in the series as a corrupt figure whom everyone knew was corrupt, but there was never any solid proof of it (basically he dressed like a lot of the mobsters in the Batman animated series).
    Telly Salvalas Lex on Superman the Animated series look was based off him. Timm's favorite Bond film is On Her Majesty's Secret Service which is an excellent film.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 05-28-2017 at 04:24 AM.