Page 87 of 388 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 5810
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    -The returning Last Son of Krypton concept was an interesting idea but became stale and kind of put too much limits for creative by the late 90's especially when trying to bring back some aspects of Krypton without making them be from Krypton.

- I never particularly cared for Matrix Supergirl, it was an interesting concept but not something as a long term idea, she only was interesting when she went insane believing she was Superman or when she merged with Post Crisis Linda Danvers, who ended up being a much better Supergirl.

- I don't consider TRUTH to be the worst Superman story ever written as there are far worse stories out there, the worst will always be Chuck Austen's run.

- I would rather rewatch Superman 3 and 4 than rewatch Superman Returns, I found parts in 3 to be good like the Smallville scenes, the battle between corrupt Superman and Clark Kent and the chemistry between Christopher Reeve and Anna O'Toole to be more natural than the chemistry between Brandon Routh and Kate Bothworth, which was quite boring to me. I enjoy Superman 4 as a guilty pleasure and am entertained by how cheap and bad it is. With Superman Returns all I can give is a "meh".

- I think the times Byrne's Superman leaving a thug on top of a building or throwing a beam through a car make Morrison's young and brash Superman from his early Action issue look like a boyscout by comparison.

- I'm neutral when it comes to the Kents being alive or not, both sides have valid arguments on this topic.

- Prankster should be written as Superman's Arkham like villain, at least way more than Toyman.

- The Birthing matrix is a concept I would gladly say good riddance to as having Superman born on Earth took away the Ultimate Immigrant concept (knowing about Byrne's views only makes me have a biased dislike for the concept even more)

- I found Post Crisis Morgan Edge to be a boring one dimensional evil businessman.
    Matrix especially didn't work after the whole Pocket Universe Superboy was removed from canon. Where did she come from if that story never happened? How hard is it to find some other planet like Krypton and just have her be a refugee from there?

I don't see Returns as being part of the Donner series. I see it as a wholly separate universe where some things happened the same. The costume alone kind of kills the connection. Taken in that context, it wasn't that bad. I still liked it better than MOS.
    Assassinate Putin!

Power Girl should be an older version of Supergirl. Not a refugee from another universe. And probably be called Power-Woman.

Superman should age slower than humans. He doesn't necessarily have to be immortal but around age 50 his aging process should slow to a crawl after his body absorbs enough yellow sunlight.

There will never be a good replacement for the trunks. The closest anyone came was the Smallville comic.

Conner should be brought back in some capacity and restored to his history. He has too long a history to just be thrown away.

I never liked Mxyzptlk. He's just too goofy for my taste.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

In my opinion the Legion needs new ties to the Superman mythos and the best way to do that would be to give them their own Superboy and Supergirl permanently. The best way to do that would be to pull Conner and Cir-El into the future and leave them there full time. This would give the Legion strong ties to Superman again (with his clone and "daughter" being there) while at the same time not tying Superman himself to hard to events in the future. They would need to make it so Conner and Cir could not stay in the present for longer than very short periods before being sucked back to the future to keep writers from wanting to have them time travel every time there was a big Superman event though.

The chances of Cir-El ever being used again are probably zero, and honestly with Jon around filling the Superboy role in Superman I don't think Conner will ever have the presence he had before again either. With them being in the future and part of the Legion they could both shine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    In my opinion the Legion needs new ties to the Superman mythos and the best way to do that would be to give them their own Superboy and Supergirl permanently. The best way to do that would be to pull Conner and Cir-El into the future and leave them there full time. This would give the Legion strong ties to Superman again (with his clone and "daughter" being there) while at the same time not tying Superman himself to hard to events in the future. They would need to make it so Conner and Cir could not stay in the present for longer than very short periods before being sucked back to the future to keep writers from wanting to have them time travel every time there was a big Superman event though.

The chances of Cir-El ever being used again are probably zero, and honestly with Jon around filling the Superboy role in Superman I don't think Conner will ever have the presence he had before again either. With them being in the future and part of the Legion they could both shine.
    In Kon's case they could even tie it to the Bizarro situation and homage Mon-El's backstory. Have it be that Kon is the closest we came to a Superclone that didn't suffer the Bizarro effect, but ultimately he was deteriorating. The Legion comes and Brainiac 5 has a cure but one that like Mon-El's old lead serum requires frequent doses. So Kon has to stay in the 30th Century where Brainy can provide the cure on an ongoing basis.

In Cir-El's case it could be that she needs to distance herself from the non-Superman's daughter life of her "human" half.

With enough preparation he could take Batman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Except most of the time Superman doesn't need prep to take Batman. As long as Batman can't pull tech out of nowhere- Batman needs prep time in all cases to take down Superman. DKR had Batman working for years on his plan- somehow that becomes either "Batman has been planning since Day One" or "Bruce can create any item overnight"

I'd say a more accurate spin on that would be "with enough preparation, Batman could last 5 minutes against Superman before being annihilated."
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd say a more accurate spin on that would be "with enough preparation, Batman could last 5 minutes against Superman before being annihilated."
    It was...of course..a joke.

I've long held the opinion that Superman could take 99.9 percent of DC's other heroes however long they have to prepare by following a very simple strategy as long as start of fight was controlled.

Here goes: Fight starts at 12.00 1st 2018. Batman...or whoever...is given 3 years to prepare. Superman is given 5 minutes.

Superman at 11.55 simply flies into super speed random orbit, scans Earth from orbit with his super senses, and attacks via heat vision blasts at will as soon as clock strikes 12.00. Good luck to Batman on surviving that one, he'd need it.

Against a slightly stronger foe...say Green Lantern...simply fly into sun and attack from there.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    The hard truth is that Batman could have two decades of prep for a battle with Superman.

It would still end in a Superman victory in like .02 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Wow. You are being extraordinarily generous to Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

I actually love this idea! We get Conner back and he isn't in the way of Jon. Sort of a win/win!
    Assassinate Putin!

Normies should never talk about what they don't know.

Retired

I like it better when I have a piece of text to work with, because then I can go through it easily enough and respond to those points. It's going to be hard for me to respond to the Mojo clip.

Look, most of those points are only cool because we say they are for Batman. There were times in the past when all that baggage was held against Batman and people thought he wasn't cool because he had too many colourful villains, too much extended family, too many toys and too much over-complicated plot.

Also, the idea that Batman can defeat Superman if he has time is Batman's weakness. It's his Kryptonite. Superman is super-fast, so Batman should never have time. If Batman has time, it's probably because Superman holds back for reasons of plot, so the writer can give Batman enough time to pull off his prepared plan.

As a kid, I often quarreled with myself over this question of who was the better hero--Superman or Batman--as if the fate of the world depended on the answer. And I don't think I ever completely resolved it in my own mind. But then Batman and Superman were better heroes (for me) back in those days. Usually, Superman would win just because he's a more distinctive invention.

Both characters borrow heavily from other characters--but there's almost nothing original in Batman. You could take any comic book character--including Superman--and you could give him those borrowed attributes and he would be Batman.

As example, Batman has acquired many attributes that the Spirit had, but the Spirit was cooler and more entertaining. And while Bruce spends some of his time in a cave, the Spirit lives in a graveyard, underground. That's awesome.

I'm not sure that having so many family members is a good thing--but it was one of the things about Superman that people used to complain about. So I can't understand why Batman borrowing the idea from Superman makes Batman the better hero.

There have been many stories over the years where Superman did lose all his powers and he was shown to be just as much a hero. I used to like Batman because he was just a vulnerable human being--but that aspect of the character hardly exists anymore. He is for all intents and purposes superhuman and he's more of a god than Superman ever was.

Even though I don't like it, I can't argue with success and DC has been successful in manufacturing a Batman with all these borrowed qualites. But they could do the same with Superman--they could take back the things that Batman stole from Superman, they could write different stories that give Superman the advantage. But they've decided not to do that.

And I think it's really cheap of Mojo to use that KILL BILL speech to advance their pro-Batman argument. The full speech is an endorsement of Superman.

I watch WatchMojo top tens more than any normal person should, so it's not like I dislike their material, but they are clickbait masters. Or should I say master baiters. Those guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Normies should never talk about what they don't know.

Superman can kill Batman from space with laser eyes. There, all points countered.
    Assassinate Putin!