Page 88 of 388 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 5810
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post

- The Birthing matrix is a concept I would gladly say good riddance to as having Superman born on Earth took away the Ultimate Immigrant concept (knowing about Byrne's views only makes me have a biased dislike for the concept even more)
    Not that any hero would have it hard, but thinking of immigrants I would put Kara, Diana, J'Onn, and Katar before Superman. Clark would basically be that guy in the Yankees hat who hasn't lived in the tri-state area since he was two.

Retired

Seeing that pic of the Kents, I'd like a Superman chronology based on the visual depiction of Ma and Pa. Their appearance keeps changing yet no one in Smallville notices.

BANNED

Maybe controversial or not, but certainly a recommendation: Superman in Justice League Action is the best Superman ever in animation. Superman fans who may be not watching the show due to the Clark and Diana relationship are doing themselves a huge disservice. Not much Clark Kent going on, but a lot of SUPERMAN stuff. Smart, fast, confident, competent, victorious. Cocky but has the stuff to back it up.

Battle for the Bottled City
    SPOILERS!spoilers:
    Super-robots, Kandor, smart enough to pack a jetpack, final fight badass even miniaturised.
    end of spoilers

Repulse!
    SPOILERS!spoilers:
    Smart use of heatvision after the 1st attack, knows what to do to get rid of the infection.
    end of spoilers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-3Pn80ybSU&t=59s

Galaxy Jest
    SPOILERS!spoilers:
    One of the best epis. Takes on Mongul, disables ship, scares off Mongul's hordes, almost silver-age like final 'Superdick' victory.
    end of spoilers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7YwIrGPDzU

There are more great episodes. The red sun one, the red lanterns one.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 06-21-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Maybe controversial or not, but certainly a recommendation: Superman in Justice League Action is the best Superman ever in animation.
    I'm actually kind of there with you. I'm not quite willing to judge the Fleischer/Famous cartoons as worse than JL Action, but they're in a league of their own, so to speak. Removing them from the equation, Justice League Action's Superman is freakin' ideal. I don't have anything bad to say about him!

My second and third place choices are Legion of Super-Heroes and Justice League vs. Teen Titans and its world, so take that as you will.

Wish any of those had more Clark though. STAS is pretty decent for Clark and Superman both, but I don't think it's half as good as Justice League Action's, and that's before he evolves into his less likable JLU counterpart!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

BANNED

Maybe not the place, but could someone help me with what Lex/Zeus is saying at 1:50 in this video. English is not my 1st language and for the life of me I can't get it. Listened to a dozen times even with headphones and it's all a garble for me.

Lex:"Well, 1st I'm going to conquer the real Olympus-"

Diana:"And then? What about Circe?"

Lex:"Ah, tshc, I'm not jhfdlkajshf94hrig"

Even with the context, I can't place what he's saying.

Maybe controversial or not, but certainly a recommendation: Superman in Justice League Action is the best Superman ever in animation. Superman fans who may be not watching the show due to the Clark and Diana relationship are doing themselves a huge disservice. Not much Clark Kent going on, but a lot of SUPERMAN stuff. Smart, fast, confident, competent, victorious. Cocky but has the stuff to back it up.
    For a TV series? Well, I know I enjoy Superman on the show, and I don't have any big complaints against it. I will say that the show scores big points for being a lot of fun and energetic. The DCAU Superman from 1996-2006 covered more territory as far as going for comedy and drama, appealing to young and old. Will Action ever give us a serious, dramatic Superman over the course of a story longer than 12 minutes? Maybe not. On the other hand, I've already aired more than my fair share of grievances with the DCAU Superman, whereas I don't have a lot of negative things to say about this new Superman, so there's that.

Anyway, this is part of the reason, I think, we see a lot less of Metropolis or the Daily Planet staff. WB and DC are pushing the shared universe so hard, you don't get much time to focus on the Superman-specific crowd. You want to see Superman in animation? You have to settle for a JL cartoon. Or a Batman cartoon. If the books are trying to reflect other media, this is what we're going to get for a long time.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Lex: "I'm gonna ditch her the moment we take Olympus, what do ya think?"

He says it pretty quick so don't feel bad about not hearing it. Hope that helped!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I keep waiting for them to substitute in Tim Daly for Jason J. Lewis in the middle of an episode just to see if anybody would notice a difference .

Maybe not the place, but could someone help me with what Lex/Zeus is saying at 1:50 in this video. English is not my 1st language and for the life of me I can't get it. Listened to a dozen times even with headphones and it's all a garble for me.

"I'm going to ditch her the minute we take Olympus. What do you think?"

EDIT: Superlad beat me to it.

Retired

I'm gonna ditch her the minute we take Olympus, wha'd'ya think.

edit: Ulp. Not fast enough on the old reply

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Lex: "I'm gonna ditch her the moment we take Olympus, what do ya think?"

He says it pretty quick so don't feel bad about not hearing it. Hope that helped!
    Thanks! 10 chars. I was hearing 'I'm gonna' as 'I'm not'. That's why the rest was a garble.

Thanks, folks.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 06-21-2017 at 10:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I'm actually kind of there with you. I'm not quite willing to judge the Fleischer/Famous cartoons as worse than JL Action, but they're in a league of their own, so to speak. Removing them from the equation, Justice League Action's Superman is freakin' ideal. I don't have anything bad to say about him!

My second and third place choices are Legion of Super-Heroes and Justice League vs. Teen Titans and its world, so take that as you will.

Wish any of those had more Clark though. STAS is pretty decent for Clark and Superman both, but I don't think it's half as good as Justice League Action's, and that's before he evolves into his less likable JLU counterpart!
    I haven't watched many of the Fleischer cartoons, I have to rectify that. None of the Legion of Super-Heroes. Is he Superman or Superman-X(?) in that show?

Yes, the Superman in the JL 'War', 'Throne of Atlantis' and 'JLvsTT' trilogy is also very good.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    For a TV series? Well, I know I enjoy Superman on the show, and I don't have any big complaints against it. I will say that the show scores big points for being a lot of fun and energetic. The DCAU Superman from 1996-2006 covered more territory as far as going for comedy and drama, appealing to young and old. Will Action ever give us a serious, dramatic Superman over the course of a story longer than 12 minutes? Maybe not. On the other hand, I've already aired more than my fair share of grievances with the DCAU Superman, whereas I don't have a lot of negative things to say about this new Superman, so there's that.

Anyway, this is part of the reason, I think, we see a lot less of Metropolis or the Daily Planet staff. WB and DC are pushing the shared universe so hard, you don't get much time to focus on the Superman-specific crowd. You want to see Superman in animation? You have to settle for a JL cartoon. Or a Batman cartoon. If the books are trying to reflect other media, this is what we're going to get for a long time.
    After I wrote this post, I thought to myself that maybe I should take my own advice and try to watch a few more of the STAS episodes. I only know that at the time of their airing it was complete rejection by me. As time has passed maybe I'll be able to watch them now.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 06-21-2017 at 10:31 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Thanks! 10 chars. I was hearing 'I'm gonna' as 'I'm not'. That's why the rest was a garble.

Thanks, folks.
    No problem! Superman fans gotta look out for each other

If you got a minute, can I ask you a question in regards to your thoughts on Superman and Luthor from Justice League: Gods and Monsters? What did you about their relationship in the film? I ask you in particular because I remember having some pretty fascinating conversations with you in the past, and I was wondering what you take away was.

He's a clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlJ-CvreirI&t=23s

Personally, I think there's a lot to like, and it might've been worth using in maybe the DCEU.

I guess that's my controversial opinion lol Also anyone else is more than welcome to weigh in.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-21-2017 at 10:36 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I haven't watched many of the Fleischer cartoons, I have to rectify that. None of the Legion of Super-Heroes. Is he Superman or Superman-X(?) in that show?

Yes, the superman in the JL 'War', 'Throne of Atlantis' and JLvsTT is also very good.
    Hmmm. He's okay. I don't think they do a lot to flesh out his personality, really. Also, there are moments where we don't really get to see Superman shine, particularly against the primary threats of the movies. On the other hand, he does get nice moments worked in, nonetheless. That fight against Batman feels like it was 20 years overdue. Also, we've seen the heroes of the story fight against mind-controlled Superman so many times in animation, it was good to flip the script and show how Superman will fight heroes who are possessed.

After I wrote this post, I thought to myself that maybe I should take my own advice and try to watch a few more of the STAS episodes. I only know that at the time of their airing it was complete rejection by me. As time has passed maybe I'll be able to watch them now.
    I just recommend going in knowing that DCAU Superman is high variance. There are going to be things you love, and things that'll make you want to pull your hair out. The DCAU took a few risks with Superman, and sometimes it just doesn't pay off. At least they tried, and at times, succeeded with flying colors.

EDIT: God's and Monsters is an excellent take on Superman and Luthor. I know people on certain websites hated that this is another Superman who's willing to do cold things like kill bad guys, but when he's not killing bad guys, he's take-charge and no-nonsense. Mentally, he's probably sharper than Superman from the DCAU, on average. Luthor is kind of like a Howard Hughes eccentric guy. If you ever seen the movie Contact, he reminds me of the Hadden character.

P.S. I admit I couldn't remember the name of the Hadden character so I looked it up just now. What I totally forgot was that movie also had a character named Kent Clark. I confess I never read the book.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 06-21-2017 at 10:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    No problem! Superman fans gotta look out for each other

If you got a minute, can I ask you a question in regards to your thoughts on Superman and Luthor from Justice League: Gods and Monsters? What did you about their relationship in the film? I ask you in particular because I remember having some pretty fascinating conversations with you in the past, and I was wondering what you take away was.

He's a clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlJ-CvreirI&t=23s

Personally, I think there's a lot to like, and it might've been worth using in maybe the DCEU.

I guess that's my controversial opinion lol Also anyone else is more than welcome to weigh in.
    I was getting a display error, but I watched the movie back then. I liked it a lot, but my memory is a bit sketchy already. Luthor was more a Stephen Hawking guy, didn't let any prejudice against Hernan get in the way of his genius. Ah, he wasn't alredy evil to begin with. He was in a satelite, wasn't he? The 'Super' in this story lost a great enemy, but honestly the he didn't need him, the story didn't need evil Lex.

If there'd been an evil xenophobic Lex in this universe Hernan would have killed him, and Stephen Lex was a great character the few minutes he appeared. Lex, *was* wary of him, and they had a tense relationship. The few minutes they interacted were very good. Heck, this movie was really good.

Sorry, I'm trying more to remember than analyse the movie. But damn, it was really good.

I remember, unfortunately, due to my 'anti-DCAU crusade' that I didn't like that Bruce Timm only thought to give Hernan qualities that should have been given to STAS/JL/U Supes as well. DochaDocha recently put it in a much better way than I could, I'll look for it.