Page 91 of 388 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 5810
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The bigger the Super family (i.e, other superheroes and Metropolis denizens) the better. Just follow the early nineties formula as opposed to the later nineties formula, when they began overshadowing Superman himself. Just remember, cycle everyone except Superman. You never cycle him, outside the very occasional interlude type issue.

This sounds like a good way to do it,and it could lead to a much stronger franchise in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    DKR baffles me. I was born when it came out and always heard about it as a legendary story. I gave my trade away because when I read it ten years ago, it was hideously dated. Every bit as goofy as the Adam West show but utterly serious about itself.
    It really isn't. The book is riddled with dark humour. It's actually very funny.

JL Action finally let me down.

spoilers:
    How does Superman lose a fist fight to Swamp Thing?
    end of spoilers

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That character is mystical, right? That's an L right there. I love when Clark will take an L like a man, for all his power, and bounce back with no reluctance.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    It really isn't. The book is riddled with dark humour. It's actually very funny.
    I didn't say that it was without humor, but that it was a serious story. By all accounts from Miller it was played straight, and that's seen in its legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    isn't Swamp Thing supposed to be high tier?
    end of spoilers

JL AC ion let me down when he lost to Batman, haven't seen it since then.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    In the Toyman episode? He didn't lose. Toyman did. He was the one controlling Superman and it turns out he's not very good at properly utilizing Superman's powers.

Meanwhile, JLA Superman has had some of the best power and competence showings we've seen out of him in years. He singlehandedly defeated Steppenwolf and two Parademons without his powers and with no help from anyone, just to name one.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 06-26-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Really? Do I need to start watching that show?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Really? Do I need to start watching that show?
    Heck yeah, you should!

Superman's great in the show! So's Wonder Woman, for that matter. I'd almost like to see JLA Wonder Woman's personality become Diana's default personality, honestly. She's got just this little note of arrogance to her, but it's not narcissism. It's more "I'm awesome and I know it."

Another thing to love about the show? Batgod pretty much doesn't exist! Batman does what Batman SHOULD do in a Justice League setting. He supports and contributes, but he pretty much never steals the entire show. That episode I was talking about? Batman and Big Barda had their own subplot in which they were trying to find Superman and help him. They got their own moments to be cool, but Batman didn't even overshadow Barda. They both came out of the story about even and neither of them had as good an outing as Superman did.

Batman literally just opened the door for Superman to come back home, and Superman got to get a little cocky when he found that he took down more bad guys than Batman and Barda combined. And that's without his powers, once again.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Action also utilizes Batman's anti-social nature in a way that makes him funny, something other arenas try to do but end up just making him a jerk. Of course, all the characters are funny in one way or another, as the series leans more toward comedy, but still, its nice to see them play Batman like that but still manage to make him likeable.

To me its a pretty criminally underrated show. CN has treated all DC shows terribly and this one is no different, but this doesn't even have the word of mouth from geekdom that it deserves, imo.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I really like Superman's voice actor for Action, Jason J Lewis. It's between him and George Newman for me, as far as voices go.

CN treats all DC shows badly except anything called "Teen Titans." I don't get it. Actually, I do. The execs on CN seem to think shows following a very specific formula are instant winners, and that formula tends to include things like fart jokes. I'm not even making this up.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/12/1...ued-over-girls

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Aside from Swamp Thing having a mystical element, as Kuwagaton mentioned, he also got a big upgrade in strength from Ivy's fertilizer.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    I really like Superman's voice actor for Action, Jason J Lewis. It's between him and George Newman for me, as far as voices go.
    It's impressive just how many characters he voices on that show, on-top of Superman, and how distinct he makes them.

CN treats all DC shows badly except anything called "Teen Titans." I don't get it. Actually, I do. The execs on CN seem to think shows following a very specific formula are instant winners, and that formula tends to include things like fart jokes. I'm not even making this up.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/12/1...ued-over-girls
    What gets me is: Why does WB allow them to do this stuff to DC shows?

I mean WB owns both companies. Treating a DC show well increases profits all-around. You'd think they'd grab the CN guys by the throat and say "You WILL promote these DC shows, or we'll fire all of you and bring in people who will!"

What physically stops them from doing something like that? (Other than the obvious fact that they could sue if physically assaulted by their bosses.)

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Don't do this disservice to yourself. Not only are Di and Kal still together, not only Wondy kicks ass, this is the best Superman has ever been in animation. Did you see my posts here and in the SuperWonder thread? Watch these episodes:

Power Outage, Follow That Space Cab, Galaxy Jest, Under a Red Sun, Repulse!, Luthor in Paradise, Rage of the Red Lanterns, Battle for the Bottled City.

To Vanguard and Sacred listen you must. Very wise they are.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    He defeated Diana pretty recently in the 52. Not in a straight up fist fight, but pretty decisively. If he can defeat herspoilers:
    he can defeat Clark.
    end of spoilers

http://www.aquamanshrine.net/2014/11...-jan-2015.html

He's got pretty damn powerfull somewhere down the timeline, I don't know when.

http://www.the-medium-is-not-enough...._12_sensat.php

BTW, Diana getting a lot of respect in her relationship with Clark, as usual. Most feministic relationship in comics.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 06-26-2017 at 04:25 PM.