Default Aquaman and Justice League

Hey!

I am considering picking up the New 52 (and then Rebirth) Aquaman books to get up to date because I am interested in the character, after which I will probably try to go back and at least read his best previous arcs. My question is, how important is JL to Aquaman? If I read Aquaman but not JL, am I missing a great deal of the character? I am actually interested in JL, but I don't have unlimited funds/time so it isn't much of a priority :P

Thanks!

There was a crossover fairly early in the New 52 run of Aquaman that was split between Aquaman and JL(A story called "Throne of Atlantis"), but if your reading by the collected trades then it shouldn't be a problem as the Aquaman trade has all the relevant JL issues with it(and vice versa for the JL trade), otherwise I don't think JL tends to effect the characters too much(I got by fine without touching it and starting at New 52 Aquaman #1).

BANNED

If you buy the trades you shouldn't really get mixed up

The Trench
    The Others
    Throne of Atlantis
    Death of a King

Is all John's stuff. You might consider trying an issue or 2 of the next run to see if you like it, but most people do like Parker's follow up.

BANNED

Definitely read Parker's stuff. Cullen Bunn's is the only writer I'd skip tbh (as much as I like his other stuff).

As for JL stuff, yes, you'll get all the relevant issues of JL included in Aquaman vol 3.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I would read all of John's and Parker's runs. Skip Bunn's, it was bad (he's a good writer but this was one of his few missteps). Then step into Abnet's run.

Also, it has been a long while since I read Aquaman and the Others but I remember liking it (not loving it but it was nice).
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 12-01-2016 at 05:23 PM.