Hopeless track record :
    -Cable and the X force : good to great
    -SW inferno : great
    -House of M with Bunn : Great
    -X men season 1 featuring Jeen : good to great
    His only bad X book is ANXM
    His spider woman is GREAT, both volumes

Yeah someone has to be positive here
    you do make a goood point! i think he does worst with books that require more seriousness and direction.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Alright I'm not gonna let you finish
    Hopeless track record :
    -Cable and the X force : good to great
    -SW inferno : great
    -House of M with Bunn : Great
    -X men season 1 featuring Jeen : good to great
    His only bad X book is ANXM
    His spider woman is GREAT, both volumes

Yeah someone has to be positive here
    That I agree on. If I was a fan of Jean I think I'd be excited for this regardless of which version it was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by myeldermoon View Post
    you do make a goood point! i think he does worst with books that require more seriousness and direction.
    to be fair you could say the case with All New X-Men had to do with it being more or less a hand me down from Bendis

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I like Hopeless, but starting off with a Phoenix story feels a bit obvious. Ibanez is a fine artist, his Jean isn't my favorite, but a lot of that is due to her current costume and the odd coloring choices in EXM. I like the idea of Jean interacting with other Phoenix hosts, also look forward to Boom Boom. I'll give this one a try.

That hairstyle is ... not good.

If the Phoenix is really coming back, she better burn that hair. I actually suspect that's the biggest reason for her to come back. She gave Jean a big flawless floating her when they met for the first time, and then this teen Jean does THAT?

I guess if you wanted a Jean book which has black humour and is more light then Hopeless is your guy. He does seem to do better with a solo book so who knows how this will turn out but felt his offerings for X Books after Cable and X Force were quite mediocre to poor and he does have the record of writing Avengers Arena and Avengers Undercover some of the worst books I've ever read all the way through.

Not sure about Jean's Ghost in the Shell haircut.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

So is Phoenix coming back?

Someone should warn the Avengers to have another AvX conflict hahaha .

The good news is that there seems to be a plan for the O5s and that soon they may return to their place of origin.

I'm not a fan of the O5 but I'm going to give my support to this comic because even though it's not Jean that I would like to read, it's still what we were offered and the character's first solo so it does not hurt to be a bit optimistic.

I will buy with the Iceman and wish good luck to the writer of both titles .

BANNED

I'm pretty sure dude was pissed because he's promised Jeen in ANXM and then Lemire took her and did... Did he do anything worth with her?

Also, I'm guessing this solo will be... A slow burn.. Bada bum tuss

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    So is Phoenix coming back?

Someone should warn the Avengers to have another AvX conflict hahaha .
    They should probably keep her away from anyone called Logan he has a habit of stabbing minors and anyone involved with the phoenix.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

This wasn't high on my to-buy list anyway. It'll be a pretty book, and hopefully no one I like will cameo in it.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I'm pretty sure dude was pissed because he's promised Jeen in ANXM and then Lemire took her and did... Did he do anything worth with her?
    All of those meaningful moments with OML... XD

Actually don't hate Hopeless half as much as everyone else seems to (unless he's writing X-23/ANW. Where I get very angry), so my biggest complaints are that it's teen Jean (which was a given, hoping for adult Jean was quixotic) and that I'm not all too keen on Ibanez's art. Part of that though is that I know him from EXM and, let's face it, he didn't have much to work with. The costumes in ResurreXion are much better so I'm sure I won't have too much of a problem with the art. Hopeless' Jean in Season One was definitely enjoyable. Yeah I can give this a go, gladly.

The strength of ResurreXion seems to be in it's solos so far. Potentially bodes well for Cable.

BANNED

I may try an issue or two to see which Hopeless shows up for this one...the old one, or the guy who wrote Angel-Laura.....

Ibanez is great but Hopeless is... not my cup of tea.

#sadface

I'm happy about this, though:

And anyone who doesn’t think Boom Boom and Domino will make appearances hasn’t been paying attention.
    Hopefully Domino will be around to keep Colossus occupied. I don't wanna see him making eyes at Kitty again.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I was a fan of Hopeless' Cable and X-Force, but I'm not into Teen Jean. So yet another pass for me. I would have enjoyed a story about adult Jean on ethereal journey back to plane of the living through time and space, possibly bringing Cyclops and Logan back in the process. Maybe culminating in the reunion of the original 5 plus Wolverine in a new X-Factor... Yea this.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 12-01-2016 at 09:00 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.