Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

you guys are acting like we got Rob Liefeld Writing Jean Grey...

I love the creative team but I can't stand Jeen. Another pass. At this rate it looks like I'll be giving up X-men comics for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm happy about this, though:

Hopefully Domino will be around to keep Colossus occupied. I don't wanna see him making eyes at Kitty again.
    Lol not a surprise really, Hopeless loves Domino and Boom Boom. He also loves Domilossus so I doubt he'd let them split in favour of a Kitty romance.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

I'm really excited for this. Not only because Jean is my favorite character but also because I like everything on this interview. A Phoenix-centered plot. Possible participation of Rachel, Hope and Quentin. The thing about her going to other places that feel a bit like Wanda's book, that I've been loving it.

About Hopeless... Yeah, ANXM is really bad imo. But I think there's lots of specific reasons for that. The editorial mandated stuff about Cyclops being hated and everything, that Hopeless probably jumped in too much. The fact that it mostly ignores the overall X-Men current plot, while dealing with it is also bad and they started to do that too. And well, some characters I couldn't care less like O5 Beast, Angel, Idie and Evan.

Also, as people said, he's better on solo books it seems, as I only see praise for Spider-Woman, and also for his writing of Jean on X-Men Year one. So I think being like "Look at ANXM, that's gonna be horrible!" is a really stupid thing that people only say cause they don't really care and they know there will be people agreeing with.

The solos and team roster announcements are starting to make the characterization (or lack thererof) in Extradordinary make sense.

Iceman didn't DO much because he was getting a solo. Fresh for mining/molding.
    Jean didn't DO much because she is getting a solo. Fresh for mining/molding.
    Storm was......well, she didn't impress a lot of folks ...and now she'll be relinquishing leadership to Kitty.

Anyone who thinks Hopeless is a bad fit for Jean needs to read X-MEN: SEASON ONE

This is almost perfect. So she believes the Pheonix is up to something? I suppose that'll be a thing from IVX.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Lol not a surprise really, Hopeless loves Domino and Boom Boom. He also loves Domilossus so I doubt he'd let them split in favour of a Kitty romance.
    He's not the one writing Kitty or Colossus, though. Hopefully the writers will actually be trading notes.

He had me at Boom Boom and Domino...

BANNED

someone actually made a prediction to me that this book will be lucky to make it to issue 5 and will be canned by issue 6(with hopeless blaming it on Sexist Pigs)

I'm sorry but Did Jean Grey Suddenly stop being one of the most iconic x-men characters or something? because there's now way her book is quickly canned and the character's swept under the rug(as I'm Being Told)

X-Men Season One was good. Anyone who hasn't read it should check it out.

The thing I'm not sure about is Phoenix. Done to death is an understatement there, but I guess Phoenix always comes back...
    I'm a lone wolf! A solitary eagle! A cuddly baby tapir!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    someone actually made a prediction to me that this book will be lucky to make it to issue 5 and will be canned by issue 6(with hopeless blaming it on Sexist Pigs)

I'm sorry but Did Jean Grey Suddenly stop being one of the most iconic x-men characters or something? because there's now way her book is quickly canned and the character's swept under the rug(as I'm Being Told)
    Well technically... This is as much Jean as Jean from AoA. Kinda but not really. She's still learning to be the Jean we knew. She may never be that and for good reason. How long it lasts will depend on the leeway Marvel gives the book to develop and these days X-Men books can't fall below 25k a month without being relaunched. Kind of up in the air. And being a solo it will depend on her lone star power and writing strength. Maybe she'll be the X-Mens answer to Fraction's Hawkeye.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

I look forward to Hopeless writing but not a big fan of Victor's work especially in Extraordinary X-Men. So far Jean and Generation X has some MEH artists on board.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Well technically... This is as much Jean as Jean from AoA. Kinda but not really. She's still learning to be the Jean we knew.
    I see her as kind of a midterm between an actual AU and the 616 Jean.

Extraordinary Member

I liked Cable and X-Force but am mixed on the rest of his work but I trust people about his Season One. I was not blown away by the artist on EXM so that is not doing much for me. While the mention of the Phoenix Force gets me curious I don't feel drawn in by something vague like trying to level up by doing stuff. Even with Boom Boom being a long time favourite it does bug me that the only other tidbit we get is that, and it seems so common, the writer has pet characters they want to drag along.

Hopefully something more in-depth is revealed to get a better feel for this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Careful you guys. Don't want to hurt anybody's feelings. Play nice and tell them your still going to buy stuff that you find fault in. Bunch of bullies. How dare you mind where you spend your dollars or publicly object to a product that you feel is subpar but essentially the only place to purchase said product. You inact change by throwing dollars into the face of a billion dollar company. Not withholding them. Shame on all of you.
    Quite the windmill you are tilting at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    let me guess this topic is gonna have 55 pages by the time the sun sets all full off "Where's Adult Jean!?!" And "Not That Avengers Arena Dork!"
    I don't think there is some felt hard done by fan group that is going to derail this one.

Oh HELL YES!!!! I'm really excited with what I read. I think hopeless is a good X writer and I love Jean, Domino, and Boom Boom.