Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Quite the windmill you are tilting at.
    Actually, not at all. Or did you miss the guy yesterday that literally threatened to call the police and report people for being too negative in the Gen X thread?

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

I like Ibáñez art, i love that her Jean has fleckles.
    Hopeless is not what I was expecting but I will give a try.
    All my hopes are in Weapon X, I really need a strong creative team and a roster to love

I like how we have a good and clear mission statement with this book. Gives a good focus.

BANNED

Hopeless Spiderwoman hasn't been bad let's see how this plays out

I wonder if part of the reason why Hopeless' All-New hasn't been the best is because Jean wasn't on the team. Honestly, I can think of worse creators for this book, this could be surprisingly good.

I'd have enjoyed Ibanez on an Emma Frost solo.

But not if it was this haircut.

Hopeless? The same guy writing the current ANXM? Wow, now I'm truly scared for the other X-men books, especially Weapon X.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm really excited for this. Not only because Jean is my favorite character but also because I like everything on this interview. A Phoenix-centered plot. Possible participation of Rachel, Hope and Quentin. The thing about her going to other places that feel a bit like Wanda's book, that I've been loving it.

About Hopeless... Yeah, ANXM is really bad imo. But I think there's lots of specific reasons for that. The editorial mandated stuff about Cyclops being hated and everything, that Hopeless probably jumped in too much. The fact that it mostly ignores the overall X-Men current plot, while dealing with it is also bad and they started to do that too. And well, some characters I couldn't care less like O5 Beast, Angel, Idie and Evan.

Also, as people said, he's better on solo books it seems, as I only see praise for Spider-Woman, and also for his writing of Jean on X-Men Year one. So I think being like "Look at ANXM, that's gonna be horrible!" is a really stupid thing that people only say cause they don't really care and they know there will be people agreeing with.
    When it comes to his team books and what I didn't like about them it's often just that he focuses on a small number of characters while others become background noise or comic relief, of course in Cable and X Force nobody expected Forge and Dr Nemesis to be more than support characters so it worked for him to focus mainly on Cable,Domino and Colossus. In a solo book he only has one character to focus on and build and he can use other characters as support with no expectations of a team book so if people show up to readers it's a nice surprise and he can focus on them as featured character of the month rather than have to juggle people and try to give them enough to keep fans happy.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I love Yardin's cover, though the hair is supposed to be a bit longer in the front.

I like how they incorporated the Phoenix emblem over the Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Emma likes to cosplay Jean, so maybe you should be worried.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Actually, not at all. Or did you miss the guy yesterday that literally threatened to call the police and report people for being too negative in the Gen X thread?
    Was not happening here and has not been a common issue.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

agreed hopeless has done some good stuff.

All-New Member

I think it has more to do with the fact that aside from wolverine and on a good day cable and interestingly enough mystique for i think about 20 something issues? None of the x-men were never really able to hold there own solo series.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

I actually think Emma could pull it off better. Well, minus the curls anyway.