Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    Hopeless? The same guy writing the current ANXM? Wow, now I'm truly scared for the other X-men books, especially Weapon X.
    Also the same guy that did X-men Season One and a bunch of other good comics.

I love it! This is the creative team I was hoping for. Dennis Hopeless did a fantastic job depicting a young Jean Grey in X-men Season One. I feel like that book is one of the most underrated X-men books of the last five years. Given his experience writing the rest of the O5, I think he's perfectly suited to write Jean Grey. The challenge will be in how he handles the Phoenix Force. It looks like he's going to be revisiting that again, which ensures this message board is going to be full of arguments, debates, and flame wars. I can't wait for the chaos.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Actually, I'll give this one a shot. I've never really gotten into Jean (ba dumb tsh), but this may be a good chance to see why people like her so much.

Yeah, this one I'm kind of excited for. So far will be buying X-men Blue and Gold and this for sure. I'll give Iceman a try. Maybe even Gen X...maybe.

Can't wait to find out about Cable and Weapon X tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Anyone who thinks Hopeless is a bad fit for Jean needs to read X-MEN: SEASON ONE

This is almost perfect. So she believes the Pheonix is up to something? I suppose that'll be a thing from IVX.
    We'll have to wait and see. Hopeless has been a name that can either give some good stories or end up cringeworthy. I liked his Cable and X-Force and his Secret Wars minis but he really let me down with how ANXM ranged from dull to just plain bad. On top of that, Jeen has been a tainted character in my book thanks to Bendis and Lemire didn't really change that (considering he didn't really do much of anything with her). So while I'm not complaining, I'm not exactly celebrating preemptively either.

Incredible Member

A new phoenix story! I can barely contain my excitement! Just kidding. *yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Actually, I'll give this one a shot. I've never really gotten into Jean (ba dumb tsh), but this may be a good chance to see why people like her so much.
    I really hope this book can do that. To make people who didn't really cared about Jean to come to like her. Unfortunately, the original Jeen on Bendis run did quite the opposite, but I think Hopeless has a better understanding of what Jean's character is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    We'll have to wait and see. Hopeless has been a name that can either give some good stories or end up cringeworthy. I liked his Cable and X-Force and his Secret Wars minis but he really let me down with how ANXM ranged from dull to just plain bad. On top of that, Jeen has been a tainted character in my book thanks to Bendis and Lemire didn't really change that (considering he didn't really do much of anything with her). So while I'm not complaining, I'm not exactly celebrating preemptively either.
    Fair enough, But out of all the O5 he gets Jean the most. ANXM was more of a book out of circumstances than showing of his actual skillset.

I like Hopeless on Spiderwoman. I hate Hopeless on All New X-Men. But ANXM doesn't feature Jean... hmm. I guess I'll check it out.

BANNED

ANXM is actually for me the best X-Book right now. No idea why people here hate it.

I was kind of expecting this and I like it. X-Men: Season One was great and it was pretty much all because of Jean. That story was sort of the precursor to Bendis' X-Men, but Hopeless' Jean was a bit more sassy and mature while still being unsure of herself.

I don't even mind that we're going for a Phoenix story either. She's been back several years but the Phoenix hasn't really come into play at all so it's right about time for it come up again. I don't expect her to get and keep the Phoenix after this series, but who knows. And I'm excited for her to get to interact with X-Men and other characters she doesn't normally get to.

Incredible Member

Why do they keep pushing Quentin Quire?

Ya'know what? I might buy this one. Hell with it, I might get Blue also. It's only money...

I wonder if getting to write a Jean solo will put Hopeless in a good enough mood to actually answer questions for X-Positions ?

Disappointed to hear that Teen Jeen will be preparing to become the Phoenix. I was hoping the adult Jean would return from the White Hot Room to send the o5 kids back to their proper time.