Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

nooooooooo! ibañez draws jean really ugly.... and it will be worse with that haircut.
    jean_grey_ibanez.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I was kind of expecting this and I like it. X-Men: Season One was great and it was pretty much all because of Jean. That story was sort of the precursor to Bendis' X-Men, but Hopeless' Jean was a bit more sassy and mature while still being unsure of herself.

I don't even mind that we're going for a Phoenix story either. She's been back several years but the Phoenix hasn't really come into play at all so it's right about time for it come up again. I don't expect her to get and keep the Phoenix after this series, but who knows. And I'm excited for her to get to interact with X-Men and other characters she doesn't normally get to.

Some of my favorite panels.

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    nooooooooo! ibañez draws jean really ugly.... and it will be worse with that haircut.
    jean_grey_ibanez.jpg
    Er... She looks great in most of these. The ones she doesn't is because she's all crazy or scared or something like that(if you read EXM you know why). And well, the horrible costume kinda screws up everything.

I wonder if young Jean will have a different experience with the Phoenix, knowing what she knows already?

Reading the interview I actually didn't had the impression Jean was training to become Phoenix, even though I'd like that more. Maybe to send it back like Hope/Wanda did.

Dennis Hopeless is a writer who I have enjoyed less and less with each comic book they gave him. I figured they were going to give him another 'teenage' series but I wasn't expecting Jean.

I would have given it a chance but as soon as he mentioned "the Phoenix is the heart of the series" it went into the "Do not read" category for me.

Jean needs more to do than just being the Phoenix. I was not a fan of Bendis' ANXM run but I always gave him major credit for not using the Phoenix in place of character progression for Jean.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    ANXM is actually for me the best X-Book right now. No idea why people here hate it.
    ITA, it's the only team X-title that's giving me the character driven stories I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if getting to write a Jean solo will put Hopeless in a good enough mood to actually answer questions for X-Positions ?
    Hopeless does answer questions for X-Pos, people just don't like the answers. And honestly if Hopeless is even marginally aware of the amount of hate he gets on these boards then I don't think it's at all surprising that he doesn't seem terribly enthused during interviews here.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Ouch, that haircut!

I do like Jean though & I have been enjoying Ibanez on EXM, so I will at least give this a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I... I didn't thought she really had a short haircut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'd have enjoyed Ibanez on an Emma Frost solo.

But not if it was this haircut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I love Yardin's cover, though the hair is supposed to be a bit longer in the front.

I like how they incorporated the Phoenix emblem over the Y.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    jean_grey_ibanez.jpg
    Guys, stop complaining about the hair - it's clearly a little longer on the X-Men Blue cover, the cover artist for her solo probably screwed up. As far as I can see she's just having the bangs cut back in. It'll be similar to how it looked before Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Some of my favorite panels.
    I just wish I could find the one where Scott clumsily lands on top of her. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I wonder if young Jean will have a different experience with the Phoenix, knowing what she knows already?
    I think she'd have to. The Phoenix was a completely unknown entity the first time she encountered it (never mind the whole is it or isn't it Jean, business), but now it's something she can prepare for.

BANNED

I wouldn't be sad if the Phoenix cocooned Jeen right off the bat.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'll pick this up. Boomer and Domino are huge plusses. I'm not a fan of another Phoenix story, but if Rachel FINALLY GETS TO TRAIN JEAN AS SHE SHOULD HAVE THE SECOND SHE ARRIVED OR HOPE ON THE PHOENIX, it will be worth it. Also, I now feel that Rachel's terrible mask is to distinguish her from her mom stealing her short haircut.

I was hoping for Adult Jean but I'm totally not surprised that it's a Teen!Jean book.
    I guess they're still trying to make the O5 a thing, huh? Uggh.

Those brats were the reason I stopped reading X-books altogether. :/
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Jean needs more to do than just being the Phoenix. I was not a fan of Bendis' ANXM run but I always gave him major credit for not using the Phoenix in place of character progression for Jean.
    Yeah. Like all these plots about how she felt doomed to become the Dark Phoenix, and how she didn't wanted to have anything to do with it and how she was being judged by the Shiar for Phoenix crimes, or when she posed as Phoenix at the beginning, or dreamed about it. Bendis didn't made Jean a Phoenix host, and obviously wanted to do the opposite of that, yes, but to say Phoenix was never used as character development for Jeen is far from true.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I think she'd have to. The Phoenix was a completely unknown entity the first time she encountered it (never mind the whole is it or isn't it Jean, business), but now it's something she can prepare for.
    I would think so. It kind of seduced her before, but this time she'll be ready. Maybe she can fix some of the crazy **** that's been going on while she's at it...

Hmm... doesn't sound terrible I guess. Cautiously optimistic.