Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Guys, stop complaining about the hair - it's clearly a little longer on the X-Men Blue cover, the cover artist for her solo probably screwed up. As far as I can see she's just having the bangs cut back in. It'll be similar to how it looked before Secret Wars.
    The McKelvie design sheets for Jean show it similarly styled to the solo cover. The length doesn't really bother me, and I could live with either the bangs or the curls, but both together is a bit much. Why Jamie, why?

I like Hopeless but I hate the timedisplaced five so ugh .

Let's see...
    Tyke solo: 12 issues
    Storm solo: 11 issues

As a Jean Grey fan, I want this series to succeed; but to be honest, I don't foresee this series lasting more than 12 issues
    I hope I'm wrong.

Considering I never really got a sense for who Jean is as a character (I'm fairly new), and that I love Hopeless' Spider-Woman, I'm gonna give this series as shot. I had zero interest when she showed up on the list of new X-books, but maybe I've been unfair to young Jean... I dunno she comes off as a jerk in the few times she showed up in other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Guys, stop complaining about the hair - it's clearly a little longer on the X-Men Blue cover, the cover artist for her solo probably screwed up. As far as I can see she's just having the bangs cut back in. It'll be similar to how it looked before Secret Wars.
    Yeah, I hope so. At first I thought the cover was done by Ibanez himself, but thankfully no, I hope it's really considered a mistake though, instead of them making it real. Tbh it did seemed a bit like a short haircut on Mckelvie's design, but I don't think it was quite intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'll pick this up. Boomer and Domino are huge plusses. I'm not a fan of another Phoenix story, but if Rachel FINALLY GETS TO TRAIN JEAN AS SHE SHOULD HAVE THE SECOND SHE ARRIVED OR HOPE ON THE PHOENIX, it will be worth it. Also, I now feel that Rachel's terrible mask is to distinguish her from her mom stealing her short haircut.
    Yees! That would be perfect. Rachel's relationship with Jeen is one of the most interesting things about the whole past/teenage/trime-traveler Jean theme. It's about time for it to be explored.

The hairstyle looks like something from the early 1900's, but otherwise I am excited!!! Jeen looks so sexy beautiful in her new costume and Ibanez is such a great artist! Hopeless needs to up his game and not have it be anything like his current trainwreck of a ANXM book.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I would think so. It kind of seduced her before, but this time she'll be ready. Maybe she can fix some of the crazy **** that's been going on while she's at it...
    Adult Jean proved she could handle the Phoenix just fine in New X-Men (though she had to be careful with her temper) and ended up fixing that timeline before she left. What has me interested for this story is that Jean has a premonition that Phoenix is coming, and these days when that happens there is always a reason for it. I also like that she's traveling around trying to grow and get stronger in preparation for it, sort of like an video game RPG.

I just remembered that taking out the brief interaction in Civil War II X-mens Rachel and the young Jeen never had a real conversation quite the opposite:

J VS R 01.jpg

J vs R 02.jpg

This will be hilarious to accompany on this solo .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    ITA, it's the only team X-title that's giving me the character driven stories I prefer.
    Yes, character driven stories are the ones I most prefer, too. Hence why I like Hopeless and Bendis. Both are great at character development (although Bendis takes way too long to get to a point and that doesn't work with the current Marvel policy of rapid writer turnover).

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Hopeless does answer questions for X-Pos, people just don't like the answers. And honestly if Hopeless is even marginally aware of the amount of hate he gets on these boards then I don't think it's at all surprising that he doesn't seem terribly enthused during interviews here.
    Yep. If there were fewer people who hate on everything the X-Office does, writers would probably participate in discussions. But, alas, the X-Board on CBR is the Zuko of comic fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yees! That would be perfect. Rachel's relationship with Jeen is one of the most interesting things about the whole past/teenage/trime-traveler Jean theme. It's about time for it to be explored.
    Yeah, but the new schtick with Rachel is that Guggenheim wants to distance her from her "legacy". I'm guessing bringing up the fact that she's not most qualified Phoenix host on the planet won't fit in with that.

Alright Jean fans, time to step it up with your dollar and support this book. No pirating if you want this book to succeed.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, but the new schtick with Rachel is that Guggenheim wants to distance her from her "legacy". I'm guessing bringing up the fact that she's not most qualified Phoenix host on the planet won't fit in with that.
    After AvX I'm wondering if ANYONE at Marvel remembers Rachel is the most qualified Phoenix host on the planet...

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    And since when does Marvel editorial care? Truth is that if Hopeless wants to bring Rachel at some point, editors won't give a **** if what Guggenheim's doing with her doesn't fit.

But honestly, it could work depending on the point of view. Developing a new relationship with Jeen regardless of how she felt about the older Jean/her mother(that are kinda different people yet more the same than teen Jeen) could be a way of putting her past behind. Kinda of what Emma did when she was training Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    nooooooooo! ibañez draws jean really ugly.... and it will be worse with that haircut.
    Attachment 42168
    Finally someone who agrees.

I like ibanez art but not for Jean. The hair just makes it worse.

I've never cared more for uniforms, art, etc., but for Jean it seems like they've pushed every negative button for me.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED